Fortune Cookie Soap: 2014 Spring Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by trustlust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone know of any promo codes for FCS? I wanna order the little mini kit, but I'd like to use a promo code. ;/]''''''''''''
I know that when you go to their site, sometimes a little box pops up to tell you if you want to get 5 bucks off, sign up for their mailing list or like them on tweeter or facebook.

I do not think it happens all the time, but I've gotten a couple of times.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It sold out Saturday afternoon! It went really quickly.
I'm so mad at myself because the reason I was waiting is because I wanted to have a promo code to use for it.

I had one sitting in my "discount code" section of my e-mail and forgot about it. Bleh.

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I bet they will do these again....look how popular it was to sell out that quickly!!
I agree. On Facebook the discussion about having it be a permanent or semi-annual thing had a bunch of likes, so I bet they'll at least try another round of them sometime.

I hope they do it again because it's a great way to try the products without having to buy the bigger sizes and it'd make an awesome gift for someone else, too.

I got my mini kit! It's super cute. Here's a little mini review.

Body Wash- Make it Rain: I LOVE this scent. It's so clean and refreshing.

Steam Me Up Scotty- Venus Fly Trap : Again, a great scent. It's very floral, but not in a grandma kind of a way.

Shampoo Bar- Afternoon Delight: This is good, but it's not my favorite scent ever. There's some sort of underlayer of something I don't care for. Hopefully it's better when used?

Conditioner Bar- Afternoon Delight: Ditto.

OCD- What's This: This was not what I was expecting. It's not bad, but it straight up smells like Eggo waffles with syrup and then a little fruity smell at the end. It's very sweet-smelling.

Mist Me- Native Nectar: Coconut! I like this. It's just totally coconut, which is what I wanted.

Whipped Cream- Marshmallow Dreams: I'm iffy on this. It's fine, but I guess it's just not "me."

And they threw in a sample of the bath bomb in "The Munchies." This is NOT something I would have ever picked out for myself, since I'm not big on food scents, but it's really good!

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I bought two and used my Spring code.  Can we stack codes? I didn't think we could.

Bag 1:

Body Wash Afternoon Delight
Steam Me Up Scotty!   SERENITY
Half of a Shampoo Bar  Something Tropical
Half of a Conditioner Bar:  Hawaiian Ice
OCD Hand Sanitizer:   Native Nectar
Mini Mist Me:  Capitol Diamond
Mini Whipped Cream:   Tick Tock

Bag 2:

Body Wash Vivid
Steam Me Up Scotty!   Jack
Half of a Shampoo Bar  Silver Parachute
Half of a Conditioner Bar:  A Nod to The Hippies
OCD Hand Sanitizer:   Capitol Diamond
Mini Mist Me:   Afternoon Delight
Mini Whipped Cream:   That's What She Said
So above is what I ordered, and this is what I got!!  they did not send me an extra sample :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  oh well

I hope they do the mini kits again.  I also like that you could pick what scents you got. 

I'm ready to make an order as soon as they release the Easter goodies. 
sheep.gif

Yay, mine has arrived as well! I also picked up a sugar scrub because it's leg-shaving time, and I get the smoothest shave I have ever encountered with that stuff (it's hell on razors, but, hey, Dollar Shave Club makes that expense a little less painful to deal with!). I'm going to try the shampoo/conditioner bars now because I'm actually going on a trip this weekend and want to make sure I like how my hair reacts to it before I put this stuff in my suitcase. I tried bumble + bumble thickening shampoo/conditioner (I had a set of foils, and I felt like using up some foils this week) last night and *hate* it. I keep forgetting that one thing I do not need is thicker hair. Thank goodness for hair claws.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay, mine has arrived as well! I also picked up a sugar scrub because it's leg-shaving time, and I get the smoothest shave I have ever encountered with that stuff (it's hell on razors, but, hey, Dollar Shave Club makes that expense a little less painful to deal with!). I'm going to try the shampoo/conditioner bars now because I'm actually going on a trip this weekend and want to make sure I like how my hair reacts to it before I put this stuff in my suitcase. I tried bumble + bumble thickening shampoo/conditioner (I had a set of foils, and I felt like using up some foils this week) last night and *hate* it. I keep forgetting that one thing I do not need is thicker hair. Thank goodness for hair claws.
I'm so jealous of ya'lls mini sets. I had my first experience with FCS. A girl sent me a solid body butter as an extra in a trade, and I fell in love! Now I want more, I'm on a no buy, and the summer box doesn't ship til mid-May. lol. 

I also tried the BaB thickening shampoo tonight and was not impressed. My hair is thick enough! lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by trustlust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm so jealous of ya'lls mini sets. I had my first experience with FCS. A girl sent me a solid body butter as an extra in a trade, and I fell in love! Now I want more, I'm on a no buy, and the summer box doesn't ship til mid-May. lol. 

I also tried the BaB thickening shampoo tonight and was not impressed. My hair is thick enough! lol.
You should check here since you're on a no-buy.  Trades don't count, right? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/140906/fortune-cookie-soap-box-the-swap-thread

So even after having a bad experience with them before, i ordered more dry shampoo( their stuff is amazing) and i got it in 3 days unlike last time it was two weekso.@ so i will order from them but not when they launch a new line so i know my order will get to me i guess. But look at the size difference (not that its a bad thing)
The biggest one is from their garden of good and evil collection, the second largest is the one i bought it is zero from the nightmare before christmas collection, and the small one is a sample of zero from their soapbox. As you can see their sizes are drastically different o.@ i love how they changed the bottle, packaging and size though that is a plus :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> also it smells just like fruitloops to me ha

For anyone that has ever had something in the "Sally" fragrance from the Nightmare Before Christmas collection, if you remember what it smells like, could you tell me if it smells like coconut to you?

I ordered a body butter in "Sally" and got it today. I was expecting a fresh laundry kind of a smell, but instead it smells like coconut. Nice, but very coconutty. Someone in one of the reviews on FCS's website said it smells like Yankee Candles "Clean Cotton," and it smells nothing like that to me! I feel like I got the wrong scent in here or something.

Quote: Originally Posted by Imberis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  For anyone that has ever had something in the "Sally" fragrance from the Nightmare Before Christmas collection, if you remember what it smells like, could you tell me if it smells like coconut to you?

I ordered a body butter in "Sally" and got it today. I was expecting a fresh laundry kind of a smell, but instead it smells like coconut. Nice, but very coconutty. Someone in one of the reviews on FCS's website said it smells like Yankee Candles "Clean Cotton," and it smells nothing like that to me! I feel like I got the wrong scent in here or something.
My daughter got the the soap in Sally in her winter box.  She said it smelled nothing like coconuts & she agrees w/the fresh laundry description of the soap she received.

Maybe contact FCS and let them know.

Thank you for the information!

It's very heavy on the coconut. My mom is here, so I asked her to smell my arm without telling her what the scent was, and she got the coconut right away. Weird! I'll e-mail them and ask about it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Imberis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thank you for the information!

It's very heavy on the coconut. My mom is here, so I asked her to smell my arm without telling her what the scent was, and she got the coconut right away. Weird! I'll e-mail them and ask about it.
yeah, sally smells like laundry detergent - it does not smell like coconut at all!!

Thanks for the information, everyone!

I wrote to Fortune Cookie Soap and they already sent me a new batch and made sure that it's the Sally scent, so I should get that sometime soon. Nice customer service!

Back