Fortune Cookie Soap: 2014 Spring Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh, by the way, how would you use the soaps that look like fortune cookies?  They are so cute, but it seems like they'd just break or melt or something.

I don't use mine in the shower, just put mine at the sink on a soap dish. It's fine. I've been using 'Sally' from the NBC box and its lasting forever!

Ooh, they have a pick-your-own-scents travel set for the new mini collection!  $17.99 unless the first-day special has run out.  I think it's going to be $19.99 after that.

Quote:   This reusable travel case comes packed with one of each of the following…

• Body Wash 2oz. (pick one of these scents --> Afternoon Delight, Forbidden Fruit, Make it Rain, Marshmallow Dreams, Me So Thorny, The Bloom Bloom Room, Venus Fly Trap, What's This?, Capitol Diamond, Cotton Candy, In The Loop, Unicorn Farts, Native Nectar, Vivid)
  • Steam Me Up Scotty! (pick one of  these scents --> Venus Fly Trap, SERENITY, COLD BUSTER, SENSUAL, Forbidden Fruit, Jack, Make it Rain, Me So Thorny)
  • Half of a Shampoo Bar (pick one of these scents --> Afternoon Delight, Forbidden Fruit, Make it Rain, Silver Parachute, Cupcake, Something Tropical, Tea Tree,  Capitol Diamond, Cotton Candy, In The Loop, Unicorn Farts, Native Nectar, Vivid, Hawaiian Ice, Doublemint, A Nod to the Hippies, Tiny Tribute,)
  • Half of a Conditioner Bar: (pick one of these scents --> Afternoon Delight, Forbidden Fruit, Make it Rain, Capitol Diamond, Cotton Candy, In The Loop, Unicorn Farts, Native Nectar, Vivid, A Nod to The Hippies, Hawaiian Ice, Tiny Tribute) 
  • OCD Hand Sanitizer: (pick one of these scents --> Afternoon Delight, Forbidden Fruit, Make it Rain, Marshmallow Dreams, Me So Thorny, Bloom Bloom Room, Venus Fly Trap, What's This, Capitol Diamond, Cotton Candy, In The Loop, Unicorn Farts, Native Nectar, Vivid, Oogie Boogie) 
  • Mini Mist Me: (pick one of these scents --> Afternoon Delight, Easter Town, Forbidden Fruit, Make it Rain, Marshmallow Dreams, Me So Thorny, Bloom Bloom Room, Venus Fly Trap, What's This?, Capitol Diamond, Cotton Candy, In The Loop, Unicorn Farts, Native Nectar, Tiny Tribute, Vivid)
  • Mini Whipped Cream: (pick one of these scents --> Jack, Sally, Afternoon Delight, Forbidden Fruit, Make it Rain, Marshmallow Dreams, Me So Thorny, The Bloom Bloom Room, Venus Fly Trap, What's This?, Capitol Diamond, Cotton Candy, In The Loop, Unicorn Farts, Native Nectar, Tiny Tribute, That's What She Said, A Nod to the Hippies, Cupcake, Tick Tock, Plain Jane)
  • Exfoliating Sponge
  • Travel Tin
So it's kind of like a DIY Soap Box, but with a carrying case, travel tin, and exfoliating sponge instead of  $10 code!  Since I happen to have a weekend trip coming up at the end of the month, I just ordered one with:

Quote: Body wash - Make It Rain Steam Me Up - Serenity Shampoo - Nod to the Hippies Conditioner - Nod to the Hippies OCD - Marshmallow Dreams Mist Me - Make It Rain Whipped Cream - Me So Thorny
I *hate* the name of that last one, but I do love the scent, so I'm going to soak the label off and think up some alternate name for it.  I absolutely DID NOT need this, but I just couldn't resist, and the money came out of my PayPal account, which is currently dedicated to this trip, so it all worked out nicely.  I also got a sugar scrub because that stuff is *amazing* for shaving my legs, and I discovered I had a code from autumn 2013 lurking in my email, so I used that one, and then I discovered *another* one from summer 2012, plus I have the ones from the most recent two boxes, so now I have *three* of these codes to use!

I cracked pretty much as soon as I saw the pick-your-own-scent mini kit! I got one since I really want to try some of the items in there but I don't want to buy a full-sized product and not like it. It was hard choosing from all of those scents.

I chose:

Body Wash- Make it Rain
Steam Me Up Scotty- Venus Fly Trap
Shampoo Bar- Afternoon Delight
Conditioner Bar- Afternoon Delight
OCD- What's This
Mist Me- Native Nectar
Whipped Cream- Marshmallow Dreams

I bought two and used my Spring code.  Can we stack codes? I didn't think we could.

Bag 1:

Body Wash Afternoon Delight
Steam Me Up Scotty!   SERENITY
Half of a Shampoo Bar  Something Tropical
Half of a Conditioner Bar:  Hawaiian Ice
OCD Hand Sanitizer:   Native Nectar
Mini Mist Me:  Capitol Diamond
Mini Whipped Cream:   Tick Tock

Bag 2:

Body Wash Vivid
Steam Me Up Scotty!   Jack
Half of a Shampoo Bar  Silver Parachute
Half of a Conditioner Bar:  A Nod to The Hippies
OCD Hand Sanitizer:   Capitol Diamond
Mini Mist Me:   Afternoon Delight
Mini Whipped Cream:   That's What She Said

I bought two and used my Spring code.  Can we stack codes? I didn't think we could. Bag 1: Body Wash Afternoon Delight Steam Me Up Scotty!   SERENITY Half of a Shampoo Bar  Something Tropical Half of a Conditioner Bar:  Hawaiian Ice OCD Hand Sanitizer:   Native Nectar Mini Mist Me:  Capitol Diamond Mini Whipped Cream:   Tick Tock Bag 2: Body Wash Vivid Steam Me Up Scotty!   Jack Half of a Shampoo Bar  Silver Parachute Half of a Conditioner Bar:  A Nod to The Hippies OCD Hand Sanitizer:   Capitol Diamond Mini Mist Me:   Afternoon Delight Mini Whipped Cream:   That's What She Said
One code per order.

thanks!  That is what I thought.  The shipping is a tad high for me to just order a shampoo bar :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I need to purchase  lots of stuff - or in this case, that mini travel case was a deal too good to pass up.

I did pay the 19.99 for it, I missed it at 17.99

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  thanks!  That is what I thought.  The shipping is a tad high for me to just order a shampoo bar :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I need to purchase  lots of stuff - or in this case, that mini travel case was a deal too good to pass up.

I did pay the 19.99 for it, I missed it at 17.99
I noticed this collection last night, but since I was expecting company I didn't have a chance to look at it until now, so I will be paying the $19.99 price too. I don't mind though, because it looks like a great variety of items.  I love that we get to pick which scents we want to try!  

Does anyone know whether the products in containers/bottles will come with labels?  If not, I think I'll jot down my scent choices now so I don't forget which ones I picked in case I want to reorder some of them!

Quote: Originally Posted by MinnieMuffin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I noticed this collection last night, but since I was expecting company I didn't have a chance to look at it until now, so I will be paying the $19.99 price too. I don't mind though, because it looks like a great variety of items.  I love that we get to pick which scents we want to try!  

Does anyone know whether the products in containers/bottles will come with labels?  If not, I think I'll jot down my scent choices now so I don't forget which ones I picked in case I want to reorder some of them!
I don't know, but my order confirmation had the note with the scent picks listed!  My guess is that they probably will since they only had certain scents available, which makes me think that they are indeed having labels made for this collection, although maybe not for the steamers and shampoo/conditioner bars since the packaging of those items probably isn't conducive to labels, period, full-sized or not.

Quote: Originally Posted by MinnieMuffin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am keeping my order email confirmation, because it has the scents that I wrote down...

Also, how does the loyalty points program work with FCS?  I cannot find anything on their website(maybe I am stupid) talking about it

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't know, but my order confirmation had the note with the scent picks listed!  My guess is that they probably will since they only had certain scents available, which makes me think that they are indeed having labels made for this collection, although maybe not for the steamers and shampoo/conditioner bars since the packaging of those items probably isn't conducive to labels, period, full-sized or not.

I am keeping my order email confirmation, because it has the scents that I wrote down...
Great!  Thanks for letting me know!

Also, how does the loyalty points program work with FCS?  I cannot find anything on their website(maybe I am stupid) talking about it
I haven't placed an order yet, but based on what there website says about it, I believe you are automatically enrolled in their rewards program when you create an account.  For each dollar you spend on their products (not including the quarterly Soap Box) you receive 1 point.  You also earn 50 points when you first sign up and another 50 points if you refer a friend.  Right now the listed rewards include a coupon for $5 off a purchase (if you cash in 100 points) or free shipping (if you cash in 200 points).

thank you @MinnieMuffin and @LuckyMoon

I wonder where I can find out how many points I have.   My account does not show them. 

thank you @MinnieMuffin and @LuckyMoon

I wonder where I can find out how many points I have.   My account does not show them. 

Bottom right of your browser in a pink popup your points should be listed.

Good idea! It doesn't look like the packaging has labels in the pictures of the kit on the website, but maybe they'll add them? If not, I guess we'll have to keep our scent lists handy!

Does anyone know of any promo codes for FCS? I wanna order the little mini kit, but I'd like to use a promo code. ;/

Back