Glossybox April 2014 (Spoilers!!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you do not get the bonus item contact them on facebook. Prior to my current 12 month sub, I spent the prior 9 months unsubbing each month and only resubbing with a great promo (or great spoiler). Often they will miss the promo :angry: but I have had nothing but good luck with their FB CS, they have always sent me the promo and (almost always) sent an extra for my trouble. I received a Malin+Goetz lip balm, a perfume stick, another lip gloss and a few I can't remember as extras.

I always have good CS with them and I know from MUT that's not everyone's experience!

In fact I ordered 4 of the May boxes on May 1st, and they sent me Aprils box! I called and they refunded my April charges and didn't ask me to return the inbound boxes. I know they are hit or miss but FB has always been good to me.

Woke up to another shipping notice... only this time it was for my 3 month sub that they "switched" to start in May. I do not want a second late ass April box after they told me I didn't have to get one. 

Woke up to another shipping notice... only this time it was for my 3 month sub that they "switched" to start in May. I do not want a second late ass April box after they told me I didn't have to get one. 
If it is April they seem to be letting people keep it and sending the May one too.

(This would have been awesome, if the box was better!)

My box shipped today, I contacted them via facebook and apparently they are moving warehouses or something that's why the boxes are taking so long
Sorry but that's BS, IF they did change warehouses I'm sure it wasn't spur of the moment...right! Also all us girls who ordered on May 1 (way after everyone waiting for theirs) had April boxes sent before many of you girls. I call BS. That being said I do love getting my glossybox. Even when it's late and I'm all :bringiton: once I have it I'm like :w00t:

If it is April they seem to be letting people keep it and sending the May one too.

(This would have been awesome, if the box was better!)
I complained and that's what I'm hoping for! But yeah, it would be better. No one seems terribly interested in getting the lip gloss or eye stuff from this box in a swap.

The primer wasn't good for me as a primer, but I've been using it on my brows and my brows are lasting my full day (12 to 16 hours)!!

The primer wasn't good for me as a primer, but I've been using it on my brows and my brows are lasting my full day (12 to 16 hours)!!
I'll have to try it that way! I have been meaning to get brow gel so it could work out after all!

Honestly, I think the reason why we always seem to get screwed on the shipping is that their US customers aren't their first priority. My impression of the company is that their UK and other European country sales are way higher, and they're probably making more money on, hence why ours ship at the end of the month, and they don't seem to be trying to rectify the US shipping situation.

So, I got the Ciate in the exact shade I wanted (Skinny Dip - sparkly red). Just one problem:

I emailed them and posted on their Facebook about the broken bottle. I don't know how they are about this sort of thing, because I haven't had to complain about a damaged item before (with this or any sub). I can't even sell or trade the stuff I didn't want, because it's all covered in red nail polish, so I really hope I'm not just SOL here.

I emailed them and posted on their Facebook about the broken bottle. I don't know how they are about this sort of thing, because I haven't had to complain about a damaged item before (with this or any sub). I can't even sell or trade the stuff I didn't want, because it's all covered in red nail polish, so I really hope I'm not just SOL here.
I hope they fix it and send you a new one asap!! Their Facebook customer service seems to be much better than their horrible email people so they should take care of it I would think. I just got another one sentence response from their email customer service, meanwhile their Facebook tagged me in a really nice comment offering to do anything they could to help. So I decided to just ask them instead of bothering with the email people from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they fix it and send you a new one asap!! Their Facebook customer service seems to be much better than their horrible email people so they should take care of it I would think. I just got another one sentence response from their email customer service, meanwhile their Facebook tagged me in a really nice comment offering to do anything they could to help. So I decided to just ask them instead of bothering with the email people from now on.
yeah i agree. i told them that the reps that do the cs emails make my blood pressure go up. facebook cs is much better and quicker. 

Back