Glossybox April 2014 (Spoilers!!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@amygab1126 That stinks! I've had really good CS from Facebook, I'd try them there. I think I'm getting 3 April boxes, if GB doesn't fix this I'll send you one of my polishes.

@@amygab1126 - How disappointing!  I have seen people mention this type of thing happening and are asked to send a FB PM.  I think they will replace it no problem.  If I  was a CS/Social media rep during this shipping ordeal, I would welcome a request I can resolve!

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
@@amygab1126 - make sure you tell them the color of your nailpolish!!  they might send you a different color

based on the issues they are having - it might be a while before they get a replacement to you.  They messed up on my holiday box and it took them almost TWO months to replace the products in question.

Both of my April BG's have FINALLY shipped.  I rec'd my May Blush Mystery Box yesterday and I would betcha I get my May Ipsy bag before receipt of either April GB.  Their online CS rep Melissa was actually very thorough and nice when I complained about the mess with GB, but I also said in my email I know that none of it is the fault of who has to answer all the angry emails and that I don't envy their position at all. What a sucky job that must be working for a company that seems unable to get it together.

I got my May Birchbox today but still no word from Glossybox. This is very annoying. I cannot believe that they cannot respond to my e-mails, no wonder they have an F rating with the BBB. I am going to ask my CC company for a chargeback and be done with them.

Oh Glossybox...It's not like you're a new company and of course people will forgive a misstep from time to time, but pull it together!

*They're kinda like a drunk girlfriend you love, but you also want to slap.

Holy moly, my box finally arrived today. Surprisingly, the tracking said it was set to arrive May 13th though!! I cancelled for next month. At least they remembered to give me my bonus blush though. Phewf. And my nail polish arrived intact, thankfully.

How are the Glossyboxes actually being delivered? USPS?

ETA Newgistics confuses me.  :wacko:

It starts with Newgistics and then transfers to USPS for delivery.

I finally got my box today and I got the white nail polish!  Ugh.  That was the one color that I didn't want!  I listed it in the trade thread.

@@amygab1126 That stinks! I've had really good CS from Facebook, I'd try them there. I think I'm getting 3 April boxes, if GB doesn't fix this I'll send you one of my polishes.
That's so nice of you Sara! Thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But it should be ok. I actually did get a response to the email I sent them (from a "Melissa"), and was told I'd get a replacement April box. I'm assuming it'll take a long time, but that's totally alright, as long as I get it. I did specify the shade in my email, so I hope they send me the right one!

I received my box today and love it! I received my beauty blender free gift also! I was really worried they would forget it.

Edited: lack of typing skills.

Finally, finally got my box!! I got the Tea Olive Lime Caldrea and Skinny Dip polish - not my first choice by far, but at least it's not white, and I think it will be nice for fall (if it doesn't dry up by then). Also, did anyone else get a coupon for $1 off Aqua Spa products? I didn't hear anything about it, so I was a little surprised to see it. The funny thing about it is that it says it's available at Walmart, which just underscored how crappy this particular box is, I think. I subscribed to Glossy to get higher end brands, not brands I can buy at any old drugstore (or superstore, in this case). It smells nice, but I'm overloaded on body lotion, so I'm not sure what to do with it or the LaSplash, which I have no interest in testing.

@@flushblush ~ I did get the coupon as well and was a bit tad turned off by the Walmart reference.  Yet, I found myself liking the lotion.  It has a nice scent and works pretty well.  If I was in Walmart and needed a cheap, serviceable lotion, I wouldn't be opposed to putting it in my cart.  I have been using it since it arrived.  But, I just got the Caldrea Tea Olive Lime (full size!) lotion in my Mother's day box so just recently switched to that.

Back