Glossybox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by mstlcmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Surveys are up! 
smile.gif

Well, at least now I know what I'm getting if the boxes ever show up.

I had sent GB a note last week about my lack of tracking, then my box arrived Friday.  They followed up with me yesterday and said they were sending a replacement box out via FedEx, I called them today to tell them it wasn't necessary.

GB indicated that my replacement box was already on it's way out to me. 

I ended up giving my powder to my fairer friend, I am curious if the replacement box has a different shade that matches my skin tone better, otherwise I might have a full box for trade, I suppose.  

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I had sent GB a note last week about my lack of tracking, then my box arrived Friday.  They followed up with me yesterday and said they were sending a replacement box out via FedEx, I called them today to tell them it wasn't necessary.

GB indicated that my replacement box was already on it's way out to me. 

I ended up giving my powder to my fairer friend, I am curious if the replacement box has a different shade that matches my skin tone better, otherwise I might have a full box for trade, I suppose.  

I got a double box one month too! And my second box did include different colors. Different color nail polish and lipstick...   cross your fingers! 

icon_cheesygrin.gif

My boxes are now at my post office with a projected delivery date of Thursday. At least they finally updated the shipping info (my nomorerack order has also had the same shipping info since Friday) At least from the surveys it seems they gave me slightly different items (I got the moisturizer and in one and a nail polish in the other)

It's been nearly 2 1/2 weeks for my Glossybox... Finally, it's out for a delivery TODAY!!! 
icon_neutral.gif

I actually got both of mine today after all. Both powders are the right color and the lip crayons were different colors. So, all in all I am not unhappy.

My long awaited Glossybox! LOL
Products description
Glad that I got Arielle serum or moisturizer. I'm keeping this and trade everything away. I have been getting so many lip stuff so I'm pretty much max out. I have one in a similar color. Hopefully, October box can be better. This is actually first Glossybox since Nov. 2012 that I'm not using everything.

My long awaited Glossybox! LOL
Products description
Glad that I got Arielle serum or moisturizer. I'm keeping this and trade everything away. I have been getting so many lip stuff so I'm pretty much max out. I have one in a similar color. Hopefully, October box can be better. This is actually first Glossybox since Nov. 2012 that I'm not using everything.
I forgot to mention that the color on Powder is Quiet & Still.

Been using that face mist more as a cat training tool, that face mist. It just isn't doing it for me. Everything else is in the beauy routine for now. Love the keratin and compact the most.

So I know that Glossybox has sent extra boxes to random folks in the past... but it did surprise me this evening that I received another LE Martha Stewart box.  While I kind of wished I received something else, like an extra box of that Best of Britain box, I'm glad I didn't receive an extra August box.  At least I could put the face wipes and SPF to good use!

So I know that Glossybox has sent extra boxes to random folks in the past... but it did surprise me this evening that I received another LE Martha Stewart box.  While I kind of wished I received something else, like an extra box of that Best of Britain box, I'm glad I didn't receive an extra August box.  At least I could put the face wipes and SPF to good use!
Oh boy. They are such a mess. An extra BoB box would be lovely.

Am I the only one gagging on the Glossybox bag? I was excited about getting another make up bag but it's not as cute as I thought it would be...very cheap material and freaking reeks! And what's the deal with the Guess discount? I got it on today and it says it's good through Sept 11. Cool. 
icon_scratch.gif

I received a replacement box today because my box had so many problems.  While I appreciate the gesture, everything is coated in eyeshadow.  The delivery driver threw it at my doorstep from several feet away. 

I'm so sorry :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Have you heard about the trick with alcohol if you were interested in salvaging the duo?

Quote: Originally Posted by trillian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I received a replacement box today because my box had so many problems.  While I appreciate the gesture, everything is coated in eyeshadow.  The delivery driver threw it at my doorstep from several feet away. 

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So here is my GB Germany August box for those interested.

Ooooh let me know how you like the detangling leave-in conditioner and the eye cream from Bebe. Might be something to look for when we visit later this year!!

Quote: Originally Posted by trillian /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Outch! That's not helping much for a replacement, is it?

update on replacement for broken eyeshadow:

GB told me to pick a few items from past boxes and they would try to send out one of my choices. Here's what I received:

http://www.glossybox.com/touch_in_sol-feel_like_honey_moon_skin_base (1.06 oz tube)

http://www.glossybox.com/modelco-lip_duo_lipstick_ultra_shine_lip_gloss (as pictured)

While I didn't get either of the items I chose, I'm happy because I would have preferred either of these to the eyeshadow anyway, so I'm considering it a bonus that they sent out 2 items!

My box contains the Anatomicals spray, the powder in a very light shade, the ModelCo brown shadow duo, the keratin hair creme, lip crayon in pink & the Guess denim bag.  It's the same as the first one I got (bummer!).

Mod Edit - Please keep all Buy/Sell/Trade in the B/S/T area or in the corresponding swap thread. Thank you!

Quote: Originally Posted by hellopengy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  update on replacement for broken eyeshadow:

GB told me to pick a few items from past boxes and they would try to send out one of my choices. Here's what I received:

http://www.glossybox.com/touch_in_sol-feel_like_honey_moon_skin_base (1.06 oz tube)

http://www.glossybox.com/modelco-lip_duo_lipstick_ultra_shine_lip_gloss (as pictured)

While I didn't get either of the items I chose, I'm happy because I would have preferred either of these to the eyeshadow anyway, so I'm considering it a bonus that they sent out 2 items!
I love that lip duo and use mine all the time.

Quote:  Have you heard about the trick with alcohol if you were interested in salvaging the duo?

No, but I'll go look it up.  I was just going to mash it up and use it loose.

Back