Glossybox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you contact glossy about broken or missing products, they are usually quite good about replacing them. 

Quote: Originally Posted by trillian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oy.  So between the missing sponge, the broken Jelly Pong, and the leaking Airelle, half my box is broken.  Not to mention weeks late.

I don't know why I'm keeping a subscription other than I'm curious about the full sized products for September.  Does anyone know of discount codes I can use so I can cancel/resub for cheaper?

Was the Sue Devitt at least in your color? I know you were worried about that
smile.gif
If it is, it does work great with a flat top or kabuki brush!

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smile.gif

Ok. so random question. It's been years since I've used a pressed powder that isn't translucent. I'm super excited to try one again. I always use a kabuki brush for translucent powder, but with this one, do think it applies better with the sponge or with a brush?  I'm hoping it's something I can just wear over my MAC primer in place of foundation, especially since it decided to get all hot again here in MO and I have at least a couple more weeks of warm weather ahead. I need light makeup when it's hot (i.e. no foundation) or my face just feels gross, but tinted moisturizers aren't big fans of my face either so I'm hoping this powder is just what I need!

Oh yeah, and my box finally got here yesterday. I'm giving them another month and then I might have to drop them. I love the products they send out, but I'm not sure if the hassles are worth it. At least all my stuff was intact. 

I just tried the powder and it is seriously awesome for me!! I don't even carry a compact powder around with me but this is going with me everywhere. Quiet and Still is perfect for me. Definitely will be purchasing this before they are gone forever. I have to admit, with all the problems GB has, I have found some HG products. I would have never known about this powder or Missha or some of the other items I covet. Haven't opened the lippy yet. Not sure about this color. If it is a sheer pink or Nicki Minaj pink. Not going for the latter.

Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainSassy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just tried the powder and it is seriously awesome for me!! I don't even carry a compact powder around with me but this is going with me everywhere. Quiet and Still is perfect for me. Definitely will be purchasing this before they are gone forever.
I have to admit, with all the problems GB has, I have found some HG products. I would have never known about this powder or Missha or some of the other items I covet.
Haven't opened the lippy yet. Not sure about this color. If it is a sheer pink or Nicki Minaj pink. Not going for the latter.

100% nicki minaj pink

not exactly universally flattering

smile.gif
Actually, it totally was.  Score one for the Glosseh.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm getting a second August box accidentally.  If I get a pink lip crayon, would you want to trade?  I already got one & really want the red :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Let me know if you might be interested... I'll probably have the box Tuesday, I'm guessing.
Yes, absolutely! Let me know if you are still interested in swapping after you get your second box. I am also looking for a darker shade than Quiet and Still in the Sue Devitt powder. If you end up getting a shade you don't want in your second box, I'd swap for that too if you'd be willing to :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's such a great box!  Nice size Korres nd that hair product is hyge!  Sure makes the August US Glossy Box a little lackluster...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So here is my GB Germany August box for those interested.

The GB to my sister's address in Pennsylvania arrived two weeks ago, crazy!  While my NY delivery seemingly trailed behind everyone elses on the continental US... any way the "Quiet and Still" Sue Devitt powder is too light, so that'll be going on my trading list.  

Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainSassy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just tried the powder and it is seriously awesome for me!! I don't even carry a compact powder around with me but this is going with me everywhere. Quiet and Still is perfect for me. Definitely will be purchasing this before they are gone forever.
I have to admit, with all the problems GB has, I have found some HG products. I would have never known about this powder or Missha or some of the other items I covet.
Haven't opened the lippy yet. Not sure about this color. If it is a sheer pink or Nicki Minaj pink. Not going for the latter.

It's actually a sheer pink. The first time I used it it was definitely a Nicki Minaj pink then I remembered it's a lip blush. You have to apply it like you would apply a blush to your lips not a lipstick. I hope this helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's definitely pretty either way on me. But, just dab it on and build it up if you want. 

Quote: Originally Posted by SubJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's actually a sheer pink. The first time I used it it was definitely a Nicki Minaj pink then I remembered it's a lip blush. You have to apply it like you would apply a blush to your lips not a lipstick. I hope this helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's definitely pretty either way on me. But, just dab it on and build it up if you want. 
She's right, ladies! You can either go for the full on color, or blend it!
biggrin.gif
Here's some pics if it helps:

I went for full-on color with this picture, it's bright, but not neon bright and it's definitely blendable and workable if you want less color. You can just either rub a dash on your lip and rub your lips together, or use your fingertip to apply or even blot your lips with a tissue if you want to soften the color! I really love it, it's creamy and very smooth and moisturizing.

Oh, wow! It looks great on you! I'll have to try this again. The first time I used it, I could only see the iridescence. There was little to no color on me, but glad to see I may have been using it wrong. Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That's such a great box!  Nice size Korres nd that hair product is hyge!  Sure makes the August US Glossy Box a little lackluster...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So here is my GB Germany August box for those interested.

The GB to my sister's address in Pennsylvania arrived two weeks ago, crazy!  While my NY delivery seemingly trailed behind everyone elses on the continental US... any way the "Quiet and Still" Sue Devitt powder is too light, so that'll be going on my trading list.

That's why I cancelled the US GB I was happier with the German one. It seems like they are really screwing up with shipping this month, I really wish they would get their act together.

Quote: Originally Posted by SubJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She's right, ladies! You can either go for the full on color, or blend it!
biggrin.gif
Here's some pics if it helps:

I went for full-on color with this picture, it's bright, but not neon bright and it's definitely blendable and workable if you want less color. You can just either rub a dash on your lip and rub your lips together, or use your fingertip to apply or even blot your lips with a tissue if you want to soften the color! I really love it, it's creamy and very smooth and moisturizing.

Very pretty!

For all my whining I did, I actually enjoy the products. I got the RED stain, and it is actually one of the few reds I can wear and not look clownish! 

The powder fits my skin -- probably would look better in winter though. 

Spray, nail polish, and hair stuff... eh. 

My boxes have been in Nevada, just a few hours away from me since Friday morning now and still nothing. I don't get it.

Quote: Originally Posted by mstlcmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Surveys are up! 
smile.gif

Thanks!

Back