Glossybox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Maybe they are sending out extra super special boxes to all those that are waiting so long.  Remember when Popsugar sent out full size Clear Care to the last batch to get stuff, where the first people only got sample sizes?  I know it isn't likely, but I have to dream that at some point Glossybox will make it right for those that wait a month.
I reallyyy reallyyy doubt it, but it would be a nice surprise. With their terrible customer service I'm really not expecting much lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Maybe they are sending out extra super special boxes to all those that are waiting so long.  Remember when Popsugar sent out full size Clear Care to the last batch to get stuff, where the first people only got sample sizes?  I know it isn't likely, but I have to dream that at some point Glossybox will make it right for those that wait a month.
lol. I only found out about the sample size vs full size because of MUT. I signed up in Oct for PS, got the sample sizes of the shampoo and conditioner and emailed PS and asked for the full size.  They eventually sent it to me.  But sadly I just don't think this is the case for GB.  I think they've just fallen way behind in shipping this month for whatever reason. 

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my GB yesterday despite the tracking info not working. I was most excited about the Jelly Pong Pong. I am obsessed with lip pencils. However, the color barely showed on me. I did like the gel texture, so I'm hoping to get the red one through a swap. The SD powder is too light for me, but I don't really need it as I already use one that I really like.

Their CS is certainly lacking, but I don't know. For some reason, GB is the one sub I am most excited to get. Maybe all the drama surrounding it makes it better? I'm a sicko like that. I'm really looking forward to their collaboration with Byrdie. I'm a fan of Who What Wear, so I'm excited to see what they come up with. In other words, despite my threat to cancel, I'm going to stick around.
Give me hope that mine will show up...today...tomorrow...Saturday???.... despite the tracking not working.  My ETA was anywhere from 8/24-today.  If I paid for this month I'd give serious consideration to canceling, particularly if they haven't delivered a product within 30 days of charging.  But they've sent some products that have been really great finds for me, I have such a hard time parting with them.....it's like being in an abusive relationship.  

I unsubscribed. The August box was such a disappointment for me. The pink lip color was hard to wear and would be flattering on very few (I think), the shadow felt cheap and was very, very prone to fallout, the powder was deadstock that GB most assuredly got for cheap to pawn off on us, the lavender mist is filled with irritants and other bad ingredients, and that hair treatment is from a line that shelled out $4.5 million last year because the formaldehyde fumes from their products caused nosebleeds, eye irritation, and trouble breathing.

No thanks.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  lol. I only found out about the sample size vs full size because of MUT. I signed up in Oct for PS, got the sample sizes of the shampoo and conditioner and emailed PS and asked for the full size.  They eventually sent it to me.  But sadly I just don't think this is the case for GB.  I think they've just fallen way behind in shipping this month for whatever reason. 

Give me hope that mine will show up...today...tomorrow...Saturday???.... despite the tracking not working.  My ETA was anywhere from 8/24-today.  If I paid for this month I'd give serious consideration to canceling, particularly if they haven't delivered a product within 30 days of charging.  But they've sent some products that have been really great finds for me, I have such a hard time parting with them.....it's like being in an abusive relationship.  

I so agree with you, totally an abusive relationship. And they have all the power lol. I just FINALLY got my box! I am in NY mind you, they ship from NJ, WHY did I JUST get my box????

I was hoping I didn't receive the spray, I can't stand the smell of lavender (I must be one of the few people on earth lol, I get instant headaches), the powder is the lightest shade, which I am confused about because I received products from them before with the right shade, I am medium/tan and they obviously know that. I was hoping to get the nail polish, it looked so pretty in that light pink shade, but I didn't receive it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ... I'm kinda sad at this moment. The lip product seems to be really light and u can't really see it on me, and I'm not interested in the eye shadows. FAIL :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by v0ltagekid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I so agree with you, totally an abusive relationship. And they have all the power lol. I just FINALLY got my box! I am in NY mind you, they ship from NJ, WHY did I JUST get my box????

I was hoping I didn't receive the spray, I can't stand the smell of lavender (I must be one of the few people on earth lol, I get instant headaches), the powder is the lightest shade, which I am confused about because I received products from them before with the right shade, I am medium/tan and they obviously know that. I was hoping to get the nail polish, it looked so pretty in that light pink shade, but I didn't receive it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ... I'm kinda sad at this moment. The lip product seems to be really light and u can't really see it on me, and I'm not interested in the eye shadows. FAIL :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

forget the smell, i learned on MUT in some other thread that it's just bad for your skin all around. I think this was the link that was shared:

http://roberttisserand.com/2011/08/lavender-oil-skin-savior-or-skin-irritant/

Quote: Originally Posted by invisiblebike /img/forum/go_quote.gif

forget the smell, i learned on MUT in some other thread that it's just bad for your skin all around. I think this was the link that was shared:

http://roberttisserand.com/2011/08/lavender-oil-skin-savior-or-skin-irritant/

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> omg.. I remember goss MUA talking about it on youtube, he was really confused on why companies keep putting irritants in face products :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really do like my glossyboxes most of the time, just this month was a total fail for me. Did anyone get the darker shades of the powder? I have seen a lot of people only get the lightest.. was that like the only color they had? o_O

I can't stand the smell of lavender (I must be one of the few people on earth lol, I get instant headaches)
Oh my goodness, me too! Lavender is what pain smells like. I've tried googling lavender and headaches, wondering what causes it, but all I find are suggestions to take lavender to cure a headache. I don't think it's an allergy; I don't get a rash from it or anything. But it's like breathing needles!

Add me to the list that gets headaches from lavender. Unless it's cut with vanilla anyway. Rosemary is another one. Our block has a giant rosemary bush at every house so in the summer during monsoon season when it's really hot and humid out it hits me like a ton of bricks when I step outside. It's terrible.

Quote: Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh my goodness, me too! Lavender is what pain smells like. I've tried googling lavender and headaches, wondering what causes it, but all I find are suggestions to take lavender to cure a headache. I don't think it's an allergy; I don't get a rash from it or anything. But it's like breathing needles!

That's crazy, I thought I was the only one in the world .. everyone loves lavender to relax and it causes me such pain that it stresses me ugh! I hate it. It's on so many lotions, and products.. gross..

Quote: Originally Posted by SamhopeM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Add me to the list that gets headaches from lavender. Unless it's cut with vanilla anyway. Rosemary is another one. Our block has a giant rosemary bush at every house so in the summer during monsoon season when it's really hot and humid out it hits me like a ton of bricks when I step outside. It's terrible.
Rosemary does it to me too, lavender, rosemary and also anis, sadly anis is in tons of teas and chai teas, so I can't have many. I mean usually smells give me headaches after a while (every perfume ever does this to me), but lavender, rosemary and anis just causes migraines as soon as I smell them :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

No box for me today, even though my delivery date was by today.  I finally sent a quick note to CS to see if they have sent my box out, since my tracking hasn't worked since it was uploaded to my account.  What a bummer. 

Mine is due to be delivered between Tuesday and Thursday. Which likely means sometime after Thursday. I'll be getting at least my September Wantable boxes before then and probably my September Sample Society boxes before then as well.

Does anyone know if the Guess code is GLOSSYBOX30 and if it is working?

I tried to use that one and it said invalid? I wanted to get a birthday gift, but my bag shipped only today and online it said the code expires on the 11th. So I may not have my bag before then.

Quote: Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It's GLOSSBOX30 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you! Still not working though. Maybe there is some fine print which makes it so that my cart does not qualify.

I posted a couple weeks ago about how my box was delivered to Florida instead of New Hampshire where I live. Well, it sat in "Out for Delivery" mode in Florida for a week and a half then started moving again and I finally got it today. In this condition. So not happy. This sh*t does not come off!

WHERE ON HELL'S HALF ACRE IS MY GLOSSY BOX!!!!!!

yes, this is the message that I'm going to send GB right now... oh for the love of subs...

Quote: Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I posted a couple weeks ago about how my box was delivered to Florida instead of New Hampshire where I live. Well, it sat in "Out for Delivery" mode in Florida for a week and a half then started moving again and I finally got it today. In this condition. So not happy. This sh*t does not come off!

scared2.gif
...  at first look I thought you were doing a shabby-chic thing with the box, until I saw the shadow, I am sorry, that bites.  The top of the shadow pan almosst looks like two rolling eyes, indignant of the 6 days it spent in solitar in the Florida heat.

Latest posts

Back