Glossybox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I posted a couple weeks ago about how my box was delivered to Florida instead of New Hampshire where I live. Well, it sat in "Out for Delivery" mode in Florida for a week and a half then started moving again and I finally got it today. In this condition. So not happy. This sh*t does not come off!

Omg that's awful!  

My bf text me to tell me mine FINALLY showed up today.  Since tracking never worked, I had no idea where my box was.  I'm guessing I got the eyeshadow too. I'll find out soon enough. 

I posted a couple weeks ago about how my box was delivered to Florida instead of New Hampshire where I live. Well, it sat in "Out for Delivery" mode in Florida for a week and a half then started moving again and I finally got it today. In this condition. So not happy. This sh*t does not come off!

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Definitely email Glossybox and send pics
sadno.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Definitely email Glossybox and send pics
sadno.gif

I did, we'll see if they ever respond lol

Oh no! I hope they can replace your box. I would be so mad if it took so long and came in that condition.

My box arrived safe and sound, my variations/thoughts:

- Jelly Pong Pong in red, appears similar to my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in Romantic, probably will trade.

- Sue Devitt in Quiet & Still, way too light for me.  It will have to go on my trades list.

-  Novex: I don't use many hair treatment products.  I knew I'd be trading as soon as I saw the spoiler.

- Pandora's Polish in white, I was actually hoping for this, I do not have any white nail polish.

- Facial Spritz - meh will try it out.  I suppose I could use it as an air freshener.

I'm glad I didn't pay for this box.  I hope next month is better.  I need to go catch up on that thread. 

Also GB sent me the wrong tracking number, which is why it never worked. Of course when enter the number that's on my outer package it tracks perfectly.  Way to go GB! You really knocked it out of the park this go 'round.

Received my Glossybox today. I mention it every day to my husband. I look out our door multiple times a day, it's pathetic. Today when we got back from running errands, I went to freshen up and my husband went to get the mail. I called from the bathroom to see if my Glossybox was outside...he said no. Then, when I came into the living room it was on the coffee table.....Yay! When I called him a fibber he said he didn't fib because when I asked about the Glossybox he was already back in the house so technically....the Glossybox was NOT outside. Ha.

I received the Airelle Intense Repair Complex instead of the eye shadow or nail polish so I'm happy. I definitely didn't need another white or pink polish, and though I wanted the eyeshadow, I wouldn't want to give up the Airelle to get it. Though the Airelle packaging is weird. The product has the consistency of milk, but it is in a small tub and you unscrew the lid off. If you drop or bumble the tub, all the product would fall out.

Hope the late box is a one time deal. Hope Sep box and my blast from the past box come this month.

My bos isn't due to be here until Tuesday-Thursday but is now in Nevada so I may actually get it tomorrow. So that would be nice.

I've pretty much given up hope that I'll ever get mine. My tracking number doesn't work. I'm over it...well not really. I'm just over caring so much about this box that I already know what's inside. On another note, Glossybox sent me a shipping notice today for my Best of Britain Box. It may be wishful thinking, but I hope the tracking number works this time and I'm hoping it comes before Halloween. But given their track record, it's probably not happening the way I want.

Im completely new to GlossyBox. I signed up with the lifetime 15% off discount on 8/27 & was charged right away. I got the shipping notice today. So I'm confused, am I getting the August or Sept box? I'm guessing its the Aug one since the sku has 2013.08 in it... Does this mean I'll always get them this late in the month? I kinda wish I had read this thread before signing up now...but, oh well, we'll see what happens.

The facial spritz made my skin react horribly! It got bumpy all over my cheeks, nose, and undereye with very small blisters and now those are gone but the skin is blotchy and very itchy! The ingredients list doesn't contain anything I haven't seen before so I think the product I got might be contaminated by something because my skin really reacted in a way I had never seen before. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> halp!

I'm getting a duplicate August box.  My three month sub ended in August so I thought I was safe to re-sub when they had the 15% off a lifetime sub code at the end of the month but apparently I was wrong.  I just got an e-mail saying mine shipped and at first I was excited, thinking "September's already, WOW!" but now I realize I'm getting a second August box.  I LOVED my first August box but unless I end up with a red lip crayon (I got pink the first time) everything will be up for trade (if there's anything anyone's looking for!)  I'm not too annoyed because this was a genuinely great month & I'm sure someone will want my extras eventually =)

My August box just arrived! And of course, like I imagined, I was not really that excited to open it after waiting this long for it. I thought maybe, just maybe that it could redeem itself and have a dark enough shade in the Sue Devitt powder but NO, I got quiet and still. It's way too light for my medium tan/olive skin. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also got the red lip blush. Not happy. This was a let down.

This is exactly what happened with my box this month....that shadow does not come off, even after several hand washings!  I emailed them about it and they offered to send me another sample from this or previous boxes so I sent them the five items I would be interested in....haven't received it yet though....

I finally got my box today.  Question for y'all who received the powder - did it come with a sponge?  Mine did not.

My

I finally got my box today.  Question for y'all who received the powder - did it come with a sponge?  Mine did not.
My box came today as well. The powder comes with a sponge.

Quote: Originally Posted by trillian /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, mine came with the THINNEST sponge ever lol! Although it was stuck to the mirror, so I couldn't tell it was there at first!

Well, I figured mine would come today since they both arrived in Nevada yesterday morning but no such luck. Looks like Monday at the earliest now.

Mine arrived! I got the Airelle stuff but promptly spilled nearly all of it. (It's ok, I don't trust any company that uses Papyrus in its logo.) I'm not going to even try the pink lip blush or the mist. However, the powder suits my skintone, I want to try the hair cream and the denim pouch is really cute. Not my favourite box, but I'm still pleased with it. I'd missed getting little pouches after quitting Ipsy. 

I emailed them a couple days ago asking why they sent a shipping notice nearly a week before actually shipping mine out. They got back to me today saying that they had a shipping problem and my BOX was returned to them late last week. I guess they forgot to actually check my account since they charged me for two boxes this month and they both had the same shipping issue. Which according to the shipping link was that they had not received the package. Like I told them in my email to them, shipping delays I can understand but actually being lied to? That is not okay with me.

Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainSassy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My
My box came today as well. The powder comes with a sponge.
Oy.  So between the missing sponge, the broken Jelly Pong, and the leaking Airelle, half my box is broken.  Not to mention weeks late.

I don't know why I'm keeping a subscription other than I'm curious about the full sized products for September.  Does anyone know of discount codes I can use so I can cancel/resub for cheaper?

Latest posts

Back