Glossybox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by sldb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! Since I've already paid for my August box the 6-month sub will start with September, right? Or will I get two August boxes?
Honestly, anything can happen in Glossybox Land :) 

I re-subbed with the coupon code for 3 months. The spoiler suckered me in. I've liked/loved 4 of the 5 glossyboxes I have received so I believe I will cancel one of my other subs so that I don't get inundated with samples. My max is two beauty subs so one has to go! I like the sturdy pink boxes too 
wub.gif
 they are great drawer organizers. I have three stacked on a bookcase for storage for small items and they look so attractive. Haven't framed my Dallas Shaw box top yet, though, haha

Originally Posted by ewiggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote: Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't framed my Dallas Shaw box top yet, though, haha
  LOL. I'm dying.
Framed mine, threw it up on eBay... the bidding war's aaahmazing!!  
smileno.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I do love the boxes for organization and making your own 'treat' box for other peeps.

Framed mine, threw it up on eBay... the bidding war's aaahmazing!!   :smileno:
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I do love the boxes for organization and making your own 'treat' box for other peeps.
Wow that's insane! Mmm maybe I should do that?

Have we had a sneek peek? I can't remember!

Yeah, my Dallas Shaw original print on a box is proudly displayed in the back of my bathroom cabinets under 10 other Glossyboxes filled with samples.

I'm just trying to find that perfect frame...

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Framed mine, threw it up on eBay... the bidding war's aaahmazing!!  
smileno.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Because not everyone can afford her art, remember?  so did you end up making the money for shipping ?
wink.gif
 I honestly don't even know where I have that picture of hers.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah that jelly lip pencil thingy worth $18 I think
Thanks I had forgotten. As long as it's a decent color that's cool. I love jumbo lip pencils! My current favorite is the $2 ELF one. Let's see if the $18 one is as good!

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gifFramed mine, threw it up on eBay... the bidding war's aaahmazing!!  
smileno.gif
I cannot believe you people are so selfish. Selling it for money? Keeping it hidden in your home? I did the right thing and donated mine to a museum. Of course they are keeping the original in a temperature-controled lightproof vault, but I was there last weekend when they put an enlargement on display.

I cannot believe you people are so selfish. Selling it for money? Keeping it hidden in your home? I did the right thing and donated mine to a museum. Of course they are keeping the original in a temperature-controled lightproof vault, but I was there last weekend when they put an enlargement on display.
Wow, are you a fashion insider or something? I've been out of fashion scene for so long (I graduated from FIDM and was involved with fashion shows and culture for many years but now I'm more interested in beauty bec it's more fun) maybe I should try donate to FIDM San Francisco campus? Since I'm an alumni.

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, are you a fashion insider or something? I've been out of fashion scene for so long (I graduated from FIDM and was involved with fashion shows and culture for many years but now I'm more interested in beauty bec it's more fun) maybe I should try donate to FIDM San Francisco campus? Since I'm an alumni.
It's not that I'm a fashion insider, simply that I was inspired by the example Dallas set of doing something for the little people. I bet if you donated yours, they'd name a building after you on campus. 

Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gifFramed mine, threw it up on eBay... the bidding war's aaahmazing!!  
smileno.gif

rofl2.gif

I went to FIDM in LA! A loooong time ago though. Nice to meet a fellow alum!

Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's not that I'm a fashion insider, simply that I was inspired by the example Dallas set of doing something for the little people. I bet if you donated yours, they'd name a building after you on campus. 
I can't stop laughing- this is great.
claps.gif
Dallas Shaw's glossybox 'art' at MOMA. Hey I am just glad she helped me realize that GB has to get their crap together. I am curious to see what they are bringing this month.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I believe it was 40%off the black Friday deal. I bought my first box with that code.
Me too! Lured me in. Maybe it will lure me back in this year.

Bwahahahaha! Bravo!

LOLOLOL! I doubt that. I will contact them FIDM LA campus and ask.

Guys, remember when Dallas had her two friends sign up to MUT to berate us for being "haters" and being negative about other women, while being extremely negative haters themselves?

Just reminiscin'. 

yess.gif

Latest posts

Back