Glossybox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you signed up for the month-to-month plan, they will automatically charge you the first week of every month.
That is what I thought.  Thank you!!!  I just don't want to miss out.  Got my first box last month and I am loving the Cherry Blossom lip balm that was sent.

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think they also use a sizable ratio of interns, so they pay for the assumed 20 people but have a nice pool of free human resource... manning the FB and answer calls.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that big soiree they had in the summer time might have been an appreciation event for the interns.  Maybe they are all leaving now after they log in 2 months for the internship and doing some traveling?  

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

BTW, any codes floating around for GB yet?

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I just used the code MARYAM20 for 20% off. I found it on a blog and it supposedly is for the first 200 to use it 
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it worked for me and i used paypal in case they act up again...
Yes I have learned to use Paypal as well just in case, so much easier to get my money back when my box goes missing 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it worked for me and i used paypal in case they act up again...
do you buy yourself a gift box or subscribe to a monthly plan and then unsubscribe?  Just asking in case I decide to use the code :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by latinafeminista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

do you buy yourself a gift box or subscribe to a monthly plan and then unsubscribe?  Just asking in case I decide to use the code :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
i tried to resubscribe with a gift box but it wouldn't let me since my account was inactive. i used the code given in this thread earlier and got the box for $16.80.

Originally Posted by latinafeminista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can only buy a gift box if you are a subscriber, so you can buy a gift box after you've opted in as a monthly, 3 monther or 6.

ZoomButt.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by mstlcmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just used the code MARYAM20 for 20% off. I found it on a blog and it supposedly is for the first 200 to use it 
biggrin.gif

Thanks!!  It worked for me 
cloud9.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Reviews are up!

ZoomButt.gif

Ohh! Thanks for the reminder! I haven't gotten the email; like they don't really do it on time LOL. I will go up and do it. 

I cancelled a couple months ago, but they got me to re-subscribe with that $25 off a 6-month today. Then I got a little crazy and used the MARYAM20 code to gift myself a one-time box 15 minutes later. It was only $12! And I went through Ebates for $2.75 cash back on both transactions. So all in all, I got 7 Glossyboxes for $96.50. I'm pretty psyched!

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I cancelled a couple months ago, but they got me to re-subscribe with that $25 off a 6-month today. Then I got a little crazy and used the MARYAM20 code to gift myself a one-time box 15 minutes later. It was only $12! And I went through Ebates for $2.75 cash back on both transactions. So all in all, I got 7 Glossyboxes for $96.50. I'm pretty psyched!
Smart girl!  

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ohh! Thanks for the reminder! I haven't gotten the email; like they don't really do it on time LOL. I will go up and do it. 
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Their interns must have all left at once... there are a tone of mistakes with the questionaires and the nail question has repeat question from 12 to 15, the same exact question as 8 to 11, except the second set says Sparitual...  Brizlian Blow Out makes an appearance in Bvlgari questionair a few times as well.

There was a shinny few golden weeks or so where the CS was responsive and the questionaire were accurate...

Looks like the fall of Rome in there...
nzd.gif
  Put some professional staff in your office 
doze.gif
 GB... really?!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Thanks for the heads up. The surveys were so messed up. Incorrect brand names, awkward wording... so sloppy.
I can't believe no one checked these surveys! Halfway through they would switch to different products or products from last month. I have no idea how they could possibly collect results from this mess...

Does anyone know if you can use the current $25 off 6 months promotion to extend a current subscription?  I just renewed my 3 month sub earlier this month but I would love to use the new 6 month code, but I don't want to do it if I'm going to wind up getting 3 months of duplicate boxes....

Originally Posted by Delicia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the heads up. The surveys were so messed up. Incorrect brand names, awkward wording... so sloppy.
I can't believe no one checked these surveys! Halfway through they would switch to different products or products from last month. I have no idea how they could possibly collect results from this mess...

Did anyone get a survey for Nicka K makeup towelettes?  I received 6 products to review, but not the Nicka K. I went ahead and surveyed a product that I didn't receive because I wanted the 20 points and they didn't include the Nicka K item.  I felt bad doing this because I know that they need it for their company surveys, but as others have said, how messy their surveys are, it would have been impossible to get good information anyway. 

Originally Posted by BexDev /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know if you can use the current $25 off 6 months promotion to extend a current subscription?  I just renewed my 3 month sub earlier this month but I would love to use the new 6 month code, but I don't want to do it if I'm going to wind up getting 3 months of duplicate boxes....
I was thinking the same thing. I already resubbed with a code and would rather have used this deal.

Reviews are up!

ZoomButt.gif

I'm so glad someone says this every month or I would totally forget!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Their interns must have all left at once... there are a tone of mistakes with the questionaires and the nail question has repeat question from 12 to 15, the same exact question as 11 to 14, except the second set says Sparitual...  Brizlian Blow Out makes an appearance in Bvlgari questionair a few times as well. There was a shinny few golden weeks or so where the CS was responsive and the questionaire were accurate... Looks like the fall of Rome in there...:nzd:   Put some professional staff in your office :doze:  GB... really?!
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Exactly! I couldn't stop laughing at those emotions! I did not get evolgoie and I kept clicking away no I did not get it and it wouldn't go away. So I gave up. I wonder if I could go back and do it to earn extra points even tho I got BB cream?

I hate that they take so long to come out with the reviews and when they do they are full of mistakes.

Back