Glossybox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by loveforeva21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone just received an email of a shipping update?  

This is pretty early for a shipping notification for August.

I've already received a July Box and decided to purchase the Wedding box around mid-month of July.

I received both and now I just received an email notification. 

I was due for renewal starting from August but they didn't charge my card and yet sent me a shipping update email that a July box was on the way.. 

• APPROXIMATE DELIVERY DATE: Between 8/4/13 and 8/5/13
  • ORDER #: 100294***
  • SKU: g.2013.07.s

Does that indicate a July Box? The "7"?  Or does that indicate the different version of the July box ?  

Was it June or July we were notified that they were delaying on sending boxes out?  

icon_rolleyes.gif

unsure.gif

gruebel.gif
Weird. Sounds like they messed up and is sending you an extra box. I wouldn't be surprised. It's waaaay too early for them to be shipping out the August box. Did you get the Martha Stewart box? That's my only guess for what it could be.

Didn't arrive yet but will definitely post when I do.  

Martha Stewart box looked disappointing.  

I've been disappointed lately in the Glossybox's, the Dallas Shaw one was a nice surprise.  
ot.gif

Feels like once there is ONE good box, then there has be to be 2-3 sub-par boxes so they can compensate for that one nice box.

Wedding box wasn't worth $40.  WTH was I thinking?? 
icon_eek.gif

One subscription that does NOT disappoint is Yuzen box.  
It's seasonal (4 times a year, one box for each season) But they just raised their prices from $29 to $33.  
banghead.gif

The quality is always there and you can definitely tell that they curate their boxes very carefully and mindfully.
wub.gif

Hi all! new to the forums here, I received this in my email this morning,  but it looks like a first sneak peak into August's box. 
smile.gif

Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush

Edit:  I just saw that someone already posted this spoiler lol. My apologies 
icon_redface.gif

I emailed them about the Martha box and I got a refund, woot!

Olay is not what I think when I think of GB.

I'm trying to think if I want to cancel GB or not. I've been with them since last July and they were my first sub. 

I want to try popsugar but I gotta drop a few subs, maybe SS and Lip Factory?

Me too!  I emailed last night requesting a refund and explained that I can't use Olay products.  Also, said that I was disappointed because the three products were not what I would expect from GB or Martha Stewart.  The refund went through today.

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm trying to think if I want to cancel GB or not. I've been with them since last July and they were my first sub. 

I personally love SS and Lip Factory, and would be GUTTED if I had to cancel either of them, but I'm also very tempted to throw Pop Sugar in the mix somehow...

*Runs to the back yard to check money tree*

icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I personally love SS and Lip Factory, and would be GUTTED if I had to cancel either of them, but I'm also very tempted to throw Pop Sugar in the mix somehow...

*Runs to the back yard to check money tree*

icon_cry.gif
my money tree is broken.

my money tree is broken.
Hahaha! I'm broke as a joke right now...thanks to summer and SUBSCRIPTION BOXES!! Soooo sad. Can I have a money tree!?!?

Originally Posted by LolaJay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hahaha! I'm broke as a joke right now...thanks to summer and SUBSCRIPTION BOXES!! Soooo sad. Can I have a money tree!?!?
NOW HIRING:

Money Tree Technician

Wow am I glad to see so many familiar peeps here in glossybox land because I am having a big 'ol glossybox freak out!! I got the promo code but the blog I got it from didn't say anything about it being for multiple months only. That might explain why what just happened to me happened. I wanted to try gb because the box looks fab but I hadnt joined because I hate dealing with CS/billing stuff. Anyway, I had the 15% off promo code so I was FORCED *cough cough* to try it out. I filled out the membership but when I've ordered anything online theres always a confirmation page where you make sure everything is correct, see your total, add any codes etc. On glossybox I didn't get a confirmation page. They thanked me for becoming a member, no confirmation page, no subtotal or total like every other site has & nowhere to put a promo code. I panicked because I was counting on the 15% off. I may have jumped into this sub thing with both feet ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I immediatly cancelled but did fill out the why are you leaving box. I got a sorry you cancelled email right after the Welcome email. I thought no harm no foul. But nooooo. I just got an invoice and they charged me after I cancelled. Checked my bank thought it could be a mistake. It wasnt. They charged me. Does this mean I'm SOL? Anyone have advice?

Originally Posted by BonnieBBon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow am I glad to see so many familiar peeps here in glossybox land because I am having a big 'ol glossybox freak out!! I got the promo code but the blog I got it from didn't say anything about it being for multiple months only. That might explain why what just happened to me happened. I wanted to try gb because the box looks fab but I hadnt joined because I hate dealing with CS/billing stuff. Anyway, I had the 15% off promo code so I was FORCED *cough cough* to try it out. I filled out the membership but when I've ordered anything online theres always a confirmation page where you make sure everything is correct, see your total, add any codes etc. On glossybox I didn't get a confirmation page. They thanked me for becoming a member, no confirmation page, no subtotal or total like every other site has & nowhere to put a promo code. I panicked because I was counting on the 15% off. I may have jumped into this sub thing with both feet
wink.gif
I immediatly cancelled but did fill out the why are you leaving box. I got a sorry you cancelled email right after the Welcome email. I thought no harm no foul. But nooooo. I just got an invoice and they charged me after I cancelled. Checked my bank thought it could be a mistake. It wasnt. They charged me. Does this mean I'm SOL? Anyone have advice?
I would say try to call them or email them maybe you will get lucky and they can fix that for you.

Revisiting past months...

Have been saving the two Le Metier De Beaute for months from March and May, given that the little foil has a retail value of $20+ backing out from the price of the jar.   Hummmm... my perimenopausal skin is just not impressed by it at all, felt dry witin two hours and smeared some Lancome Beinfait Multi-Vital  SPF 30 from the Sephora sun-saftey kit on and that did that feels really nice!
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Its nice to hear that GB will actually do this.  Usually they don't allow refunds for transactions already made.  I guess many folks were really disappointed in this box.  I'm torn between whether to keep this box or get a refund.  I don't really *need* any of the products, but they'll get used.  I definitely want the magazine subscription, but I realized it's only for six months.  I know I'll definitely get a lot of use out of the magazines for recipes, craft ideas, etc.  

Very very torn!

Originally Posted by iluvdandelions /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too!  I emailed last night requesting a refund and explained that I can't use Olay products.  Also, said that I was disappointed because the three products were not what I would expect from GB or Martha Stewart.  The refund went through today.

Quote: Originally Posted by LolaJay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

NOW HIRING:

Money Tree Technician

Oh, I tried the money tree thing. My first attempt around the holidays failed, and everyone said that was the worst time for planting anyway. So I waited until spring, but the summer birthday season caused a drought. Add in recurring subscription infestations, and I'm afraid this year's crop just isn't doing so well. 

i'm keeping it. i'll use the wipes and probably put the other two products on my trade list. i'm not much of a martha stewart fan, but the magazine is beautifully photographed. i wouldn't mind getting it for a bit.

Just got charged for August this morning.  *chants* I will get my box, and it will have everything in it, and no leaks!  

I'm trying hard to stay upbeat and positive about the August box.. I've had so many issues with the last two months and customer service...

And not that anybody specifically cares about my problems with Glossybox I've mentioned more than once by now, lol... but I finally got some resolution it seems.

I wrote a long, detailed email to customer service early Saturday morning, because I felt they were yanking me around and I STILL don't have replacements from June or my July box.  I gave them two options that I'd be happy with to keep me as a customer and not get crap reviews everywhere online and in person, or an option to refund me for the replacements/July box/let me cancel for August and no charges for it.

Saturday afternoon I had an email with no information other than I'll be receiving a refund of 21$... So I figured they were tired of me hassling them and are canceling me. Then yesterday late morning I get a response back from customer service. 

They kind of mixed all options together.. but I'm supposed to receive my two items from June, a July box, and some extra surprises, sent by FedEx.  And then the refund I received (which I got yesterday night) for the July box troubles. 

And as of this morning FedEx finally went from "not found" to trackable, and it says I should receive it by this Friday.  Hallelujah!  I finally have hope I'll actually receive what I've paid for!

I've read all over online about how they hate refunding people, and have just cancelled accounts when charge disputes are threatened.  Either they are "trying" to get on a better track of customer service, or they are starting to really feel the hurt from cancellations/charge backs.  They've been refunding the Martha Stewart box for several with no hassles, and I got an extra refund without needing it really (since they did what I asked for my replacements).  And in the email they sent me with my FedEx tracking, they practically begged me to stay a customer with them. 

Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've read all over online about how they hate refunding people, and have just cancelled accounts when charge disputes are threatened.  Either they are "trying" to get on a better track of customer service, or they are starting to really feel the hurt from cancellations/charge backs.  They've been refunding the Martha Stewart box for several with no hassles, and I got an extra refund without needing it really (since they did what I asked for my replacements).  And in the email they sent me with my FedEx tracking, they practically begged me to stay a customer with them. 
This is good news.  I have to say, Glossybox is getting a bad reputation for its CS.  And with an ever evolving market for beauty subscriptions, GB needs to pay attention to its customers.  

Quote: Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is good news.  I have to say, Glossybox is getting a bad reputation for its CS.  And with an ever evolving market for beauty subscriptions, GB needs to pay attention to its customers.  
truth. without customers, glossybox would be out of business. i don't know why they can't get it through their puny heads, smh

Welp. I had a 20% off code so I slipped and ordered August. Accidentally on purpose.

Back