Glossybox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advice Jay! I tried calling gb several times. Every time I got voicemail. Beyond my problem, that's just scary from a customer prospective. It's like announcing to the world "Our company is doing so badly we can't even afford someone to answer the phone" I have NEVER encountered a large legit company before that had no one to answer the phone. Cray cray! I left voicemails, emails, hung up on the voicemail, have heard nada zip zero the big fat goose egg. Soooo I finally just called my bank. Add me to the list of charge backs. Does anyone know if they fight & draw it out or if they just refund? I have the emails to back up being charged after canceling & since I never got a box (being a subscriber for all of a minute) I don't see why they would fight it.

Originally Posted by BonnieBBon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the advice Jay! I tried calling gb several times. Every time I got voicemail. Beyond my problem, that's just scary from a customer prospective. It's like announcing to the world "Our company is doing so badly we can't even afford someone to answer the phone" I have NEVER encountered a large legit company before that had no one to answer the phone. Cray cray! I left voicemails, emails, hung up on the voicemail, have heard nada zip zero the big fat goose egg. Soooo I finally just called my bank. Add me to the list of charge backs. Does anyone know if they fight & draw it out or if they just refund? I have the emails to back up being charged after canceling & since I never got a box (being a subscriber for all of a minute) I don't see why they would fight it.
They employ a surprisingly low number of people. Someone found it before and I believe it was less than 20.

Quote: Originally Posted by BonnieBBon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i paid for my last glossybox via paypal and i got my refund by disputing not receiving my box.

Have you tried Facebook? Or Twitter? If you publicly try to contact them it helps sometimes. Usually i don't have any time to call so I email. Sometimes they reply in ten minutes, sometimes it takes a few days. Good luck.

Rachel, less than 20 people?!?! Wow! Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor! That certainly explains a lot. Quene, thanks for sharing that with me. I know that a charge back isn't something to be done lightly but I was so frustrated! Did you ever get a response from them? I feel better with my decision knowing you had to dispute as well. Thanks for the ideas Janie. I don't use Twitter & I'm reluctant to go on Facebook to complain because thats where I have fun & stay in touch with family & friends. I can just see it now, my phone exploding with "OMG what's going on" questions lol tis the nature of Facebook. I don't think you should have to publicly shame a big company into answering their phone or a customers e- mail. I did try both tho. Hopefully I can just get my refund & spend it on more stuff I don't need lol

Rachel, less than 20 people?!?! Wow! Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor! That certainly explains a lot.

Quene, thanks for sharing that with me. I know that a charge back isn't something to be done lightly but I was so frustrated! Did you ever get a response from them? I feel better with my decision knowing you had to dispute as well.

Thanks for the ideas Janie. I don't use Twitter & I'm reluctant to go on Facebook to complain because thats where I have fun & stay in touch with family & friends. I can just see it now, my phone exploding with "OMG what's going on" questions lol tis the nature of Facebook.

I don't think you should have to publicly shame a big company into answering their phone or a customers e- mail. I did try both tho. Hopefully I can just get my refund & spend it on more stuff I don't need lol
Their Linkin page says 11-50, but I remember the number being in the middle of that around 20. They could have hired more, but the lack of answering the phones makes me think they didn't.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Their Linkin page says 11-50, but I remember the number being in the middle of that around 20. They could have hired more, but the lack of answering the phones makes me think they didn't.
I think they also use a sizable ratio of interns, so they pay for the assumed 20 people but have a nice pool of free human resource... manning the FB and answer calls.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that big soiree they had in the summer time might have been an appreciation event for the interns.  Maybe they are all leaving now after they log in 2 months for the internship and doing some traveling?  

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

BTW, any codes floating around for GB yet?

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

lol not a single month code but -- 

$115 - $25 - $2.75 (from ebates) = $14.54 per box. But then you'd have them for 6 months... I think they realize they're going to have keep doing this or else people will only sign up for one month at a time.

Oh dear, that's really tempting. I would definitely not pay more than $15/box, but that seems like a good deal. Are there ever better ones, like around the holidays or black friday or anything? 

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think they realize they're going to have keep doing this or else people will only sign up for one month at a time.
...and likely cancel after their first or second box!!!! 

Does anyone know how to use your glossy dots to make sure you only receive one version of the next month's box? Or do they always just send a double? I was going to spend mine before the August charge, but then I just thought they would charge me anyway and I would get two boxes. Is there some way to avoid this?

Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ZoomButt.gif

According to the verbiage on their web site, GB won't let you cancel a 3 or 6 month subscription.

ZoomButt.gif

This is GB's job board right now and we could likely assume that  they will take multiple interns for each position.  GB has a lean hiring practice, good if you are a college grad looking for some exposure, but it also means that their business process is a bit of a muck, rife with delays and phantom CS stations when the interns leave in droves for the rest of the summer holidays.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ZoomButt.gif

According to the verbiage on their web site, GB won't let you cancel a 3 or 6 month subscription.

Yep, that's what I meant.  GB is trying to lock you in with 3 or 6 month prepaid subs with higher discount codes rather than offering its discount code for regularly monthly subs because you can't unsubscribe until the end of the 3 or 6 month subscription.  New customers who discover this may not be for them would likely cancel after 1 or 2 boxes or after seeing their flames on MUT and Facebook by other customers.  

Anyone else got the email about $25 OFF with a 6 month subscription?  I think 6 months is quite a dedication to a subscription box.  

I just ended my subscription after the last sub-par July box.  
Was slightly considering to re-sub only with the feeling/hopes that once you unsub, products suddenly get better... 
icon_rolleyes.gif

With the going rate at $115 for a 6 mo. sub with Glossybox, normally a box would be worth a little over $19.  With the coupon its $15 per box... ugh so tempted.. offer ends 8/9/13 11:59 PST.

COUPON CODE: DOLLAR25

Do you guys think it's worth it?  

I am so in love with Yuzen and am also up to my neck with samples.  

Decisions, decisions... 
bowl2.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by loveforeva21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone else got the email about $25 OFF with a 6 month subscription?  I think 6 months is quite a dedication to a subscription box.  

I just ended my subscription after the last sub-par July box.  

Was slightly considering to re-sub only with the feeling/hopes that once you unsub, products suddenly get better... 
icon_rolleyes.gif

With the going rate at $115 for a 6 mo. sub with Glossybox, normally a box would be worth a little over $19.  With the coupon its $15 per box... ugh so tempted.. offer ends 8/9/13 11:59 PST.

COUPON CODE: DOLLAR25

Do you guys think it's worth it?  

I am so in love with Yuzen and am also up to my neck with samples.  

Decisions, decisions... 
bowl2.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif

at this point they promotions every (other) month. If you really feel buried in samples or like another sub service more, go with that. GB is once a month. Yuzen is apparently 4 times a year.

Sorry they keep giving you the run around I have never tried to call them. I have usually gotten through to them by email. It seems like I get always get a response from Jesse so I wonder if she is the only one who answers emails.

Also I claimed my glossydots for this month I am going to cancel and jump in if I see something I like.

So got my first box last month and just ordered the one month.  Will they automatically renew it every month or do I have to go in and order again?

Originally Posted by thebeverley3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So got my first box last month and just ordered the one month.  Will they automatically renew it every month or do I have to go in and order again?
If you signed up for the month-to-month plan, they will automatically charge you the first week of every month.

Back