Glossybox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exactly! I couldn't stop laughing at those emotions! I did not get evolgoie and I kept clicking away no I did not get it and it wouldn't go away. So I gave up. I wonder if I could go back and do it to earn extra points even tho I got BB cream?
Yes. I did the review on the BB cream but I didn't get it in the box. I happen to have a sample from Sephora. 20 points for me! I say it's a few bonus points for a late June box.

Yes. I did the review on the BB cream but I didn't get it in the box. I happen to have a sample from Sephora. 20 points for me! I say it's a few bonus points for a late June box.
NICCEE!! Then, I'll do it! LOL

Someone asked about Black Friday and GB a few pages back. They DID have a promo for that and Cyber Monday and both were decent if I recall. Pretty sure I took advantage of one.

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone asked about Black Friday and GB a few pages back. They DID have a promo for that and Cyber Monday and both were decent if I recall. Pretty sure I took advantage of one.
I believe it was 40%off the black Friday deal. I bought my first box with that code.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I believe it was 40%off the black Friday deal. I bought my first box with that code.
Yep, so that made a month $12.60. + $2.75 back ebates.

Someone also found a $5 off code for the second $15 box you can get for a gift + $2.75 from ebates 

I bought two boxes for less than the price of a regular box (one as a gift though)

It was me that asked, so thanks! Still, I caved and used the current $25 coupon + ebates. I am so oversubbed this month, but was planning on resubscribing in September, and I may as well get it out of the way. 

I have mixed feelings about Glossybox. I love the pink boxes, the variety of items and the different brands that don't show up in other subs. I don't mind the late shipping and haven't had any issues in the three months I've been subscribed. But it's like playing Russian roulette; every thread has CS problems and one of these days that's going to be me. I wish they'd take it seriously and realize what a huge turn off this is to customers.

Question: I have a current month-to-month sub. How do I take advantage of the $25 off 6-month offer?

Originally Posted by sldb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Question: I have a current month-to-month sub. How do I take advantage of the $25 off 6-month offer?
After logging in, click on "The Box", click on "subscribe" and it should take you to a page with all of the subscription options.  Choose "6 month" and then use the promo code during check out.

Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After logging in, click on "The Box", click on "subscribe" and it should take you to a page with all of the subscription options.  Choose "6 month" and then use the promo code during check out.
Thanks! Since I've already paid for my August box the 6-month sub will start with September, right? Or will I get two August boxes?

When it suddenly starts asking questions about the Brazilian Blowout product in the BB cream survey....that's when I lost it LOL

The surveys are so worthless. I don't even know why I do it. I already have enough to redeem for a free box, but I know I'm going to get to August boxes, and unless there's Tom Ford makeup in there, I don't want to deal with the hassle of contacting CS.

Log in then where it shows subscriptions and orders click "show all". Click "change my plan" and select the 6 month option and enter your code. A note at the bottom says "Note: You're trying to purchase the GLOSSYBOX August 2013, you're already getting this box! But don't worry, we will just reserve next month's box for you!" So you shouldn't get duplicate boxes but I would still pay attention and make sure you get 7 boxes before your subscription expires just in case. Hope that helped!

Quote: Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! Since I've already paid for my August box the 6-month sub will start with September, right? Or will I get two August boxes?

I have no idea.  That would be a good question for customer service!

Although I'm recalling my own 6 month subscription.  It seemed to roll-over into the next month that I didn't pay for yet.  I never got dupe boxes.  

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me either. I contacted GB CS and they just gave me 20 points and said they could not make changes to their surveys right now? weird. But hey i got my 20 points still! I wonder if I take the BB cream survey after that if i'll still get the points for that too. 
icon_twisted.gif
 hehehe

Ugh. I caved. I signed up for 6 months plus the one time discount box. So I'm set for the next 7 months. I stayed away for 6 months... They sucked me back in.

I just cancelled my three month subscription and got an extra August box?

I have two boxes, I was subbed for May, June, July and now I have two July boxes with no overcharge.

I guess it's my lucky day!  

I am still on the fence about the 6 month sub... $15/mo is not bad.  

Compared to Birchbox the quality is better.  

How great are the Black Friday deals?  40% off subs?  I may have to wait..

Only got a few hours to deliberate..

SORRY I meant July, -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I was getting ahead of myself.  
Wonder what August holds in store..

I just cancelled my three month subscription and got an extra August box? I have two boxes, I was subbed for June, July, and August and now I have two August boxes with no overcharge. I guess it's my lucky day!   I am still on the fence about the 6 month sub... $15/mo is not bad.   Compared to Birchbox the quality is better.   How great are the Black Friday deals?  40% off subs?  I may have to wait.. Only got a few hours to deliberate..
Do you have your August box yet? I'm curious what this month's boxes will contain.

Originally Posted by mooreeeg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have your August box yet? I'm curious what this month's boxes will contain.
We don't get our August boxes until late month.. Early September for others. GB ships very very late.

I want to say, if it was 40% off - it was only available for one box.  You could however buy lots of that box and gift to friends.  Pretty sure I got the Dec box for a steal.

Back