Glossybox January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I put mine on over the weekend and topped it off with a coat of Seche and the tips are now starting to wear. It comes off relatively easy for a glitter polish. (I use Zoya's Remove and the let the pad sit on the nail for a minute trick) If the other colors in the collection appealed to me, I would definitely buy those, but the purple one was the only one I really liked.
I'm in love with both the OPI and Zoya textured polishes!!  They apply so easy, they wear extremely well, and so pretty.  And WAY easier to remove than glitter: hold over the nail for 5-10 seconds and it slides off.  I want to get the mini set of OPIs and the rest of the Pixie Dusts now.

-L

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box yesterday. I got the Tarte in Natural Beauty, and I tried it out this morning and it makes my lips look nice. I didn't get anything extra despite using the promo code LIPS. The boxes GB uses are really nice.
Wow that's so late! I wonder if there's still people missing their boxes

Yeah, I wrote them an e-mail the day before it came and all they said was "oh, here's your tracking #" that I already found in my account. Oh well. I doubt they'll send me the LIPS item (forget what it was since that was SO long ago!) I cancelled almost immediately after ordering to avoid being charged for March since I don't know how they charge and I have no regrets. I'm in AZ, so I'm thinking maybe true west coasters might still be missing their boxes.

The sand nail polish looks similar (in the bottle anyway) to the tokidoki stellina polish I'm currently wearing. I hope it looks better and works better than that though because I put the tkdk stuff on Monday and it's already chipped a lot.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It lasted two days for me without any noticeable tip wear (and I'm hard on my nails, so this is unheard of), and I probably could have gone for a few more if I hadn't decided it was time for a lavender holo. I might change back to it Friday night and see how truly long it lasts. The wear was truly shocking, but in a good way.

ETA: *And* it came off relatively problem-free and quickly, which really surprised me since it is essentially a glitter.
I wish they would make other colors with the same texture. I like the red, but I don't like the star glitter. I am in love with this polish!!

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in love with both the OPI and Zoya textured polishes!!  They apply so easy, they wear extremely well, and so pretty.  And WAY easier to remove than glitter: hold over the nail for 5-10 seconds and it slides off.  I want to get the mini set of OPIs and the rest of the Pixie Dusts now.

-L
Is the texture of the Pixie Dust similar?? I LOVE the look so much! I am so NOT a nail polish person, but I'm freaking out over this polish! I can't believe I was going to trade it away! Thank you to those who posted how awesome it was, so I didn't trade it!

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is the texture of the Pixie Dust similar?? I LOVE the look so much! I am so NOT a nail polish person, but I'm freaking out over this polish! I can't believe I was going to trade it away! Thank you to those who posted how awesome it was, so I didn't trade it!
It's similar, but the look is a little more simple/classy (IMO).  Mariah's shades are a little younger to me.  Zoya's are also slightly less chunky (but very slightly so - not enough to write about) as they only one size glitter but lots of it.

I think you could get away with the Zoya in more places.  But the OPI is pretty fun too!  I just wished they had passed on the shaped glitter.  I'm not into that much...

The person below said they wished there was a gray and needs to google "London Pixie Dust swatch".  It's the shade I own and it's to die for!

Quote: Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's similar, but the look is a little more simple/classy (IMO).  Mariah's shades are a little younger to me.  Zoya's are also slightly less chunky (but very slightly so - not enough to write about) as they only one size glitter but lots of it.

I think you could get away with the Zoya in more places.  But the OPI is pretty fun too!  I just wished they had passed on the shaped glitter.  I'm not into that much...

The person below said they wished there was a gray and needs to google "London Pixie Dust swatch".  It's the shade I own and it's to die for!

I want that gray one and the periwinkle one so badly!

It's similar, but the look is a little more simple/classy (IMO).  Mariah's shades are a little younger to me.  Zoya's are also slightly less chunky (but very slightly so - not enough to write about) as they only one size glitter but lots of it. I think you could get away with the Zoya in more places.  But the OPI is pretty fun too!  I just wished they had passed on the shaped glitter.  I'm not into that much... The person below said they wished there was a gray and needs to google "London Pixie Dust swatch".  It's the shade I own and it's to die for!
Be still, my heart! I need that! Does Ulta sell Zoya or do I just need to order it from Zoya?

Be still, my heart! I need that! Does Ulta sell Zoya or do I just need to order it from Zoya?
Ulta sells it, but the ones in my area don't sell the whole line. They tend to carry just the most recently-released collections, so you probably won't find, say, Adina, but since Pixie Dust is one of their sprung collections, I wouldn't be surprised if they did have it.

Originally Posted by SubJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just bought the sampler pack from zoya...I had no self restraint. 
I actually really like the different size glitter in the purple OPI shade, but I definitely am not a fan of the stars in the red. It's cute, but it doesn't suit my more conservative style.

i just bought two pixie dust shades -- I got London and Godiva for my at-home manicures and two non-pixie dust shades to take to the salon for pedis. <3 Zoya! Thank you for leading me to them!

Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally tried the Potion 9. OMG, I love this stuff. I have natural hair and makes my hair curl ever so softly.
I love it, too! Great box this month despite being late!

I couldn't help myself, and I tried the polish... and I LOVE it! Definitely taking it off my trade list, AND I'm even buying the exact shade for a friend. Favorite nail polish!! It does dry quickly (love OPI)... wonder how long the finish lasts?
It has pretty great wear, even without a top coat. And the cool thing is you can swipe some more polish on little chips and you can't even tell! Definitely makes it last longer.

So, I contacted Glossybox last week letting know I didn't receive the blush from the promo code. They responded within a day and said sorry, they would send me a blush. Well, I wasn't sure they would actually do it. However, I just received the Kryolan blush in the color rosewood today. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by jolyb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, I contacted Glossybox last week letting know I didn't receive the blush from the promo code. They responded within a day and said sorry, they would send me a blush. Well, I wasn't sure they would actually do it. However, I just received the Kryolan blush in the color rosewood today. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
:eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> that's awesome, how long ago did you contact them?

Just got the modelco lipgoss+lipstick in the mail :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> yay!
Me too! I didn't think it would actually happen. Although, this thing has a major design flaw, the mirror is on the part that holds both the lipstick and the applicator, so you can't actually use it with the product!

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too! I didn't think it would actually happen.

Although, this thing has a major design flaw, the mirror is on the part that holds both the lipstick and the applicator, so you can't actually use it with the product!
ya I didn't think so either and lol I noticed that XD I got the lipstick in Dusk and the gloss in Striptease, what did you get? 

Color me surprised! I received my GB gift box today & I am soooo happy with it! I got the Potion 9 & the Tarte lippie in Fierce. Perfect color for today! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Doesn't really change my mind about canceling though. But I am surprised GB even cared to send it out.

Grrr... I think I got my Cosmo free box today and guess what.... it's another January box! I was told it would be October which I was happy about since I never got October. But, I ordered a few gift boxes for Jan and they were all dupes and now this one is a dupe! At least they could have sent me the Tarte. Ugh... 

Not sure if I want to complain or just suck it up. So much trouble to deal with them. 
mad.gif

Latest posts

Back