Glossybox January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wore the Primer last week( I wash my hair once a week) on Tuesday night I applied oil to my hair like I usually do and I washed it today. When I let my hair down, even after applying oil, it still looked clean :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I like this stuff :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wore the Primer last week( I wash my hair once a week) on Tuesday night I applied oil to my hair like I usually do and I washed it today. When I let my hair down, even after applying oil, it still looked clean :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I like this stuff :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I like it too! I'm so sad I didn't get a double box lol I wash mine every other day but the last two times I have used the primer and was able to go three days (I could have done four if I pulled it back but I wanted my hair down for today). Today after I washed it I just applied to just my bang/crown.. That's the reason I do every 2 days.. We'll see how it goes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> pretty sure I will be buying it again!

I have never actually tried just washing my bangs.. Maybe I'll try that on day three and see if I can go to four days for the rest..

@beautymadn3ss I emailed them on Febuary 5th and they responded back 2 or 3 days later.

I tried the Potion 9 stuff yesterday and got so many compliments on my hair! (I also dyed it, but nobody complimented that, though I suppose my hair could look so nice due to the dye/conditioner). So far 2/2 (the other like being the tarte lip stuff in natural beauty). Up next to try will be the nail polish, though it looks like the tokidoki nail polish in the bottle.. I won't be using the mascara for a while because I have at least a dozen mini mascaras that are unused (and 3 minis, a full, and 2 colored mascaras that have been used that I should use up). I don't know about the Fresh serum either.

I won't be using the mascara for a while because I have at least a dozen mini mascaras that are unused (and 3 minis, a full, and 2 colored mascaras that have been used that I should use up). I don't know about the Fresh serum either.
So much mascara from subs! I swapped what I thought was everything I had received so far before this box, and I dug around last night for any stragglers to rehome with a coworker since I did receive two more with this box but don't wear mascara at all. Result: Eight tubes. And that's just what I have on hand right now and not including what I have on the way in other subs (ipsy is still making its way to me, and I have a Birchbox that hasn't even shipped yet, so I don't know what's in that).

I'm finishing up my sample of the Metier de Beaute cream, and was wondering whether any of you beauty gurus knew of something with a similar texture, but at a more realistic price point? I love that it's heavy enough to be soothing for my dehydrated combo skin (perfect for winter!), but at the same time not heavy enough to break me out or feel like too much, even under makeup. I'm kind of dreading going back to my old moisturizer after the sample is finished...

I recently bought a $12 trial size Benefit skincare set from Birchbox that included an exfoliating polish, day cream, and a thick moisturizer for night. The night cream seems similar in consistency and really rich and moisturizing but I've only used it once so not sure if it will cause a breakout. I LOVE the Le Metier but definitely will not pay that much for the full size. Hopefully this Benefit stuff will work. I also got a Shea Terra regenerating face cream it smells like roses and same consistency as Le Metier and works great without breaking me out. I have combination skin with a super dry T zone so I'm always looking for a good lotion for my face.

I'm finishing up my sample of the Metier de Beaute cream, and was wondering whether any of you beauty gurus knew of something with a similar texture, but at a more realistic price point? I love that it's heavy enough to be soothing for my dehydrated combo skin (perfect for winter!), but at the same time not heavy enough to break me out or feel like too much, even under makeup. I'm kind of dreading going back to my old moisturizer after the sample is finished...

Originally Posted by cranraspberry  /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have two more Metier samples I need to put up for trade eventually - but that's not why I'm replying!   

I got the Skin and Co Roma truffle serum a few Glossyboxes ago and then got their Face Velvet Tuber Lotion in the sample pack they sent out.  I LOVE the stuff.  I ordered the full size version, it should be arriving to me today.  

There's no SPF in it and it's $49 for 1.69 oz.       I've been using it for over a week and I really like it (okay, so far I love it!)    I have super dry skin in the winter and, for me, this was comparable to the Metier.

ETA the link - http://skinandcoroma.com/index.php/face/face/moisturizers/face-tuber-lotion.html

Originally Posted by cranraspberry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know why anyone would want to spend $200+ on this.  It's no better than any drug store brand.  I have extremely dry skin and it did absolutely nothing for me beyond the immediate 10 minutes.  

For the kind of money they want for it, I expect a whole lot of moisturising going on.

Lol, so I was answering the Glossybox surveys, I answered 5 so I should have 100 glossydots, I have 90 -.-'

NVM I made a mistake XD still half asleep XD

Back