Glossybox January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually really like the different size glitter in the purple OPI shade, but I definitely am not a fan of the stars in the red. It's cute, but it doesn't suit my more conservative style.

i just bought two pixie dust shades -- I got London and Godiva for my at-home manicures and two non-pixie dust shades to take to the salon for pedis. <3 Zoya! Thank you for leading me to them!
I got the liquid sand minis and no stars in the red. I thought I wouldnt like the red color but it looks great especially in pictures.

Just thought I'd let you all know.. I contacted Glossybox about not receiving the extra lipstick/gloss from the "LIPS" promo & they mailed it to me right away. I got it Thursday & really love it. I had already canceled my monthly membership & don't think I'll be re-subbing for now. I liked the products, but they have a few things they need to work on. Their customer service is pretty bad.. I had to "fake" the subject of my email about the lipstick. I had emailed them already & didn't get a response, but I used the subject line "signing up" the second time & got a response within hours..

Originally Posted by lolitam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have two more Metier samples I need to put up for trade eventually - but that's not why I'm replying!   

I got the Skin and Co Roma truffle serum a few Glossyboxes ago and then got their Face Velvet Tuber Lotion in the sample pack they sent out.  I LOVE the stuff.  I ordered the full size version, it should be arriving to me today.  
Ooh, I got that sampler too, but haven't tried anything yet! I actually kind of forgot all about it. I will certainly give it a try - too bad about the lack of spf, but then again considering I spend most of the daylight hours sitting in an office, it really shouldn't make too much of a difference. 

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently bought a $12 trial size Benefit skincare set from Birchbox that included an exfoliating polish, day cream, and a thick moisturizer for night. The night cream seems similar in consistency and really rich and moisturizing but I've only used it once so not sure if it will cause a breakout. I LOVE the Le Metier but definitely will not pay that much for the full size. Hopefully this Benefit stuff will work. I also got a Shea Terra regenerating face cream it smells like roses and same consistency as Le Metier and works great without breaking me out. I have combination skin with a super dry T zone so I'm always looking for a good lotion for my face.
Thanks for sharing! Do you use it strictly as a night cream? I'm actually pretty happy with my current night cream (YonKa Creme 28), so I've been using the Metier only as a day cream. I'll have to take a look at Benefit and the Shea Terra - haven't tried anything of theirs!

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know why anyone would want to spend $200+ on this.  It's no better than any drug store brand.  I have extremely dry skin and it did absolutely nothing for me beyond the immediate 10 minutes.  
It's all pretty individual - what does wonders for one will do nothing for another. I personally really like what it's doing for my skin, and I'm pretty picky + my skin is sensitive and complicated. Too much nutrition and it breaks out and becomes super oily, too little and it flakes like crazy. The Metier does a really good job of balancing between the two extremes. 

Originally Posted by cranraspberry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh, I got that sampler too, but haven't tried anything yet! I actually kind of forgot all about it. I will certainly give it a try - too bad about the lack of spf, but then again considering I spend most of the daylight hours sitting in an office, it really shouldn't make too much of a difference. 

Thanks for sharing! Do you use it strictly as a night cream? I'm actually pretty happy with my current night cream (YonKa Creme 28), so I've been using the Metier only as a day cream. I'll have to take a look at Benefit and the Shea Terra - haven't tried anything of theirs!

It's all pretty individual - what does wonders for one will do nothing for another. I personally really like what it's doing for my skin, and I'm pretty picky + my skin is sensitive and complicated. Too much nutrition and it breaks out and becomes super oily, too little and it flakes like crazy. The Metier does a really good job of balancing between the two extremes. 
I haven't used my Metier packet yet, but as far as hydration goes - I think AmorePacific is amazing!  It's pricey stuff, too - but not as pricey as the Metier.  I tend to buy the starter kits of the Amore. A little goes a long way with that stuff so they can last awhile.

Sephora has a $65 starter kit that is worth every penny, although not all Sephoras will carry the AmorePacific line.

EDITTED: I don't use it every day since it's also a more pricey line.  But when I need a little boost, this is my go-to.  Daily I use Murad or Vichy (my ol' reliables) or whatever samples I want/need to use up.

I just got my mail that was delivered yesterday and I had a bubble mailer from Glossybox. In it was a very pretty pinky nude ModelCo lipstick/gloss combo. I don't know why I received it, but then again I also don't know why I received two Glossyboxes when I only ordered one. I LOVE THIS new lippie as I'm a nude lipstick gal and I've collected about a dozen red lippies over the past several months with all my subs. It seems either Glossybox CS either totally sucks the big one or is so unorganized they're sending multiple boxes at random. A nice middle ground of just doing a competent job would be refreshing!

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in love with both the OPI and Zoya textured polishes!!  They apply so easy, they wear extremely well, and so pretty.  And WAY easier to remove than glitter: hold over the nail for 5-10 seconds and it slides off.  I want to get the mini set of OPIs and the rest of the Pixie Dusts now.

-L
I love Zoya's colours but I hate hate hate their brushes so much I never buy them.  For a higher end nail polish company, you'd think they would work on a better brush.

I just got my mail that was delivered yesterday and I had a bubble mailer from Glossybox. In it was a very pretty pinky nude ModelCo lipstick/gloss combo. I don't know why I received it, but then again I also don't know why I received two Glossyboxes when I only ordered one. I LOVE THIS new lippie as I'm a nude lipstick gal and I've collected about a dozen red lippies over the past several months with all my subs. It seems either Glossybox CS either totally sucks the big one or is so unorganized they're sending multiple boxes at random. A nice middle ground of just doing a competent job would be refreshing!
I got it too from using the code LIPS, at first I thought it was way too dark for me cuz it looked brown and I don't wear brown, but it's a gorgeous nude. I have too many pinks and reds, so a nice nude is a good change ^^

I got the same ModelCo combo, and I am seriously in love with the gloss. At first I was a bit apprehensive (artificial strawberry scent doesn't really scream "high-end cosmetics" to me), but it turned out to be delightful - not sticky, moisturizing, long lasting... I wear it over almost all of my lipsticks and want to get a full-size gloss! The lipstick was a tad brown for me though, so it's not getting much use. 

Originally Posted by cranraspberry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the same ModelCo combo, and I am seriously in love with the gloss. At first I was a bit apprehensive (artificial strawberry scent doesn't really scream "high-end cosmetics" to me), but it turned out to be delightful - not sticky, moisturizing, long lasting... I wear it over almost all of my lipsticks and want to get a full-size gloss! The lipstick was a tad brown for me though, so it's not getting much use. 
Mhm the gloss is super cool! Well, if you apply a tiny bit of the lipstick, it doesn't show super brown, just nude :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love Zoya's colours but I hate hate hate their brushes so much I never buy them.  For a higher end nail polish company, you'd think they would work on a better brush.
Different strokes for different folks.  I prefer Zoyas brush over OPI.   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I like dainty brushes.  I can work with opi but like Zoyas the best.

Hate Essie's brush.

i am however disappointed in the Lovely collections purple shade, Julie.  Not a good formula but pretty when it finally dries.  Now I'm dreading using Neely (the green).

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I wrote them an e-mail the day before it came and all they said was "oh, here's your tracking #" that I already found in my account. Oh well. I doubt they'll send me the LIPS item (forget what it was since that was SO long ago!) I cancelled almost immediately after ordering to avoid being charged for March since I don't know how they charge and I have no regrets. I'm in AZ, so I'm thinking maybe true west coasters might still be missing their boxes.

The sand nail polish looks similar (in the bottle anyway) to the tokidoki stellina polish I'm currently wearing. I hope it looks better and works better than that though because I put the tkdk stuff on Monday and it's already chipped a lot.
I called them and they sent my LIPS item right away, I got it last week.

I got my LIPS item last week, even though I canceled immediately after ordering my box. My nail polish chipped as crazy, too - but I love that it dries so fast, so I  will try with a top coat. 

I got my LIPS item last week, even though I canceled immediately after ordering my box. My nail polish chipped as crazy, too - but I love that it dries so fast, so I  will try with a top coat. 
Because it was a glitter, I just did touch ups instead of doing a top coat, and it was pretty seamless

I just received an  e-mail with a 20% off coupon from Glossybox if I renew my sub with them.  I cancelled several months ago because I wasn't happy with the boxes.  Just wanted to know, is it going to be worth me taking a three month sub with them, it will cost me $48.00 instead of the usual $60.00.  I looked on their site and it looks like they have really upped their game since I cancelled, sooo torn,  have Birchbox and Ipsy now.  Not sure if I'm keeping Birchbox. Also I have false eyelashes I got in Birchbox and if anyone wants, let me know and they can have them, I will never wear them.. . Thanks Ladies

I love love love the Sebastian Potion 9.

Trouble is i want more and I'm having trouble finding it - anyone have luck finding it in store or online?

Also, any chance someone has an extra they want to trade (see signature for trade list)?  

Thanks!

I thought you girls might get a giggle out of this. I sent GB an email saying,

"Hello,
I was supposed to get a lip product in my January box? I had the code LIPS entered? Does it come separately?

Thanks,

XXX"

They wrote me back with this the next day! But it was pretty funny. Here it is:

"Thank you for your message, I would be glad to help you.

There are always five products within the GLOSSYBOX. Thus there must have been a mistake on our account, which should not have occurred.

We will send you the missing product within a 5-7 workday period.

I hope I was able to help you with this message.

Kind regards,

The GLOSSYBOX Team"

-------------------

So I have this feeling they are sending me another Tarte lipstick. LOL, which is not the lip product for the LIPS code but....ya know what? I just don't care, I consider that they wrote back a victory all by itself. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do have to wonder if they actually read my message. It's not like it was a long one...

Originally Posted by rockhoundluna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"Hello,

I was supposed to get a lip product in my January box? I had the code LIPS entered? Does it come separately?

Thanks,

XXX"

There are always five products within the GLOSSYBOX. Thus there must have been a mistake on our account, which should not have occurred.

Kind regards,

The GLOSSYBOX Team"

-------------------

So I have this feeling they are sending me another Tarte lipstick. LOL, which is not the lip product for the LIPS code but....ya know what? I just don't care, I consider that they wrote back a victory all by itself. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do have to wonder if they actually read my message. It's not like it was a long one...
It doesn't seem like they actually read your email lmao. They took it as if you're saying an item from the regular 5 items is missing, they don't know that you used a separate code and it's a separate item lol

Originally Posted by rockhoundluna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"Hello,

Thanks,

XXX"

Kind regards,

The GLOSSYBOX Team"

-------------------

They may just have someone copy and pasting the same response to every email. At least you got a reply many others emailed and got no response. 

Back