Glossybox - June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was only going to sub for the Tarte lipstick, but after reading the reviews on QVC, I think I'm going to just be done with Glossybox and stick with ipsy and maybe do the blush mystery box.

Eh. Reviews don't really mean much to me. I don't mind the cardboard case, which a lot of the reviewers had an issue with, and as with everything, ymmv. I like Tarte and I want to try it to make my own determinations, you know?

I'm excited about the Tarte lippy.  I read the QVC reviews 10 days back but I still went ahead and got a 'gift' box for $15.

I have 'stay-home' lipppies that I keep on my dresser and 'travel' ones that I carry around, I don't move them back and forth.  These are just perfect for the dresser, it's fine that the packaging is cardboard, they won't be knocking about in a make-up bag.  

I mean seriously how cute are they?  When at home I don't usually wear really pigmented stuff because I'm just on the 'puter, doing housework or snacking... drinking coffee.  So it will be delightful to have the pretty little tubes about and I think of them more as extra-special tinted lip-balm.  Just a thought...

I got a good deal for the boxes, just over $14 with a combination of offers, so I'm quite happy with the two boxes I'm getting but I wouldn't pay $21 a box and I wouldn't carry the Tarte in my make-up bag.

I also like to make up my own mind and I've always wanted to try Tarte!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm excited about the Tarte lippy.  I read the QVC reviews 10 days back but I still went ahead and got a 'gift' box for $15.

I have 'stay-home' lipppies that I keep on my dresser and 'travel' ones that I carry around, I don't move them back and forth.  These are just perfect for the dresser, it's fine that the packaging is cardboard, they won't be knocking about in a make-up bag.  

I mean seriously how cute are they?  When at home I don't usually wear really pigmented stuff because I'm just on the 'puter, doing housework or snacking... drinking coffee.  So it will be delightful to have the pretty little tubes about and I think of them more as extra-special tinted lip-balm.  Just a thought...

I got a good deal for the boxes, just over $14 with a combination of offers, so I'm quite happy with the two boxes I'm getting but I wouldn't pay $21 a box and I wouldn't carry the Tarte in my make-up bag.

I also like to make up my own mind and I've always wanted to try Tarte!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Yeah, I love the packaging. Personally I don't think I'm going to mind the pigmentation much because I prefer more neutral lips and a more dramatic eye look so this seems to be right up my alley!

I'm not put off by the reviews either. I'm still intrigued enough to want to try it for myself. I'm also excited to try the other products that are supposed to be in the box. Most of all, I just want the box itself! I love Dallas Shaw's illustrations! 

after I do the surveys for June's box I will have enough points to get a free box and it's probably going to be my last box so do any of you have tips on when I should redeem my points so I won't get charged and get duplicate boxes in July?

I got charged today though I was thinking about cancelling.  I guess I'll see how this box turns out and then consider whether or not I want to continue.  May's box was a big disappointment for sure.

Originally Posted by wels5711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

after I do the surveys for June's box I will have enough points to get a free box and it's probably going to be my last box so do any of you have tips on when I should redeem my points so I won't get charged and get duplicate boxes in July?
same here but seeing how late the surveys come up, I would be charged for July's box before I could even redeem the points
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

same here but seeing how late the surveys come up, I would be charged for July's box before I could even redeem the points
frown.gif
I'd cancel my sub, do the questions when the come out and apply the points when enough time has passed to assure that there will be no mistake on which box is coming out.  That's what I'm planning to do.

So June will probably be my last 'paid' box, questions will probably come out sometime in July and I'll order the August box with points as my closing act.

Originally Posted by wels5711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've done it twice so far and each time I just wait until either GB starts touting that month on FB or email or something, or when the ordering page has an estimated date of sometime in the month you want. (Because it'll usually be late in the month). One thing about GB is I don't think you usually have to worry about missing a box by signing up too late, haven't seen anyone do that yet.

So when I first heard about this box I resubbed but then realized it was for May so I promptly cancelled and emailed them to make sure I wouldn't get May and would be refunded. They refunded me the money and then I came home to two Glossyboxes and they were both May ones so it looks I got two boxes for free. I'm looking forward to June though.

Is it wrong that the reason I subscribed is because I think the actual pink box with the new Glossygirl mascot is super cute?

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it wrong that the reason I subscribed is because I think the actual pink box with the new Glossygirl mascot is super cute?
Not at all! Part of the reason I get so excited for glossybox every month is because of how nice and sturdy the boxes are! And the mascot is adorable :)

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Never
smileno.gif
......that is serious stuff right there!
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back