Glossybox - June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems odd how they didn't refund the gift purchase. They refunded me. 
icon_confused.gif

I think with these companies it all depends on who answers. I do a lot of business with Amazon and I could chat or call three different representatives and get three different solutions to the problem.

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You could probably trade the extra box or just resell it on ebay. Still no codes for the month? I want this box!
LOVE15 works on 3,6, and 12 month subs... still none for monthly... I really only want this box and have no interest in a longer sub.... might just bite the bullet and get a 3-month though lol

Uhg me too! I got the code for 15% off a 3 month sub and used Ebates so I just couldn't stop myself. I am justifying it by cashing out my money from Field Agent, which actually covered the cost. (It was $51, cashed out for $56.25) So 3 more months for me! I hope they aren't as unexciting as the last 3 months. This box looks good, though!

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think with these companies it all depends on who answers. I do a lot of business with Amazon and I could chat or call three different representatives and get three different solutions to the problem.
I called again today and happen to speek to the same person that wrote the email and she canceled it after a teeny tiny round of back and forth.  Thanks for the advise ladies!  

GB: Why do you want to cancel?

FH: Because it was an error.

GB: Well, we ship out at the 3rd week of each month and...

FH: Yes, I know and that's why I don't see why it should be a problem to cancel it...

GB: Let me check for you.

GB: Okay we can do it.

I think their script is just 'no' for the first request and if the request persists or if the requests is also coming from enough of their other clients, then they'll make amends.  Sorta like it has to go past at least the lowest level of escalation, before it will be considered resolution.  

Not a bad strategy, it helps them to retain their revenue, but could be not prudent if competition is strong.  

Well now there's one box that's opened up for for someone who might want one and not risk getting a hodge-podge one.

ZoomButt.gif

Thanks ladies for your support!

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I called again today and happen to speek to the same person that wrote the email and she canceled it after a teeny tiny round of back and forth.  Thanks for the advise ladies!  

GB: Why do you want to cancel?

FH: Because it was an error.

GB: Well, we ship out at the 3rd week of each month and...

FH: Yes, I know and that's why I don't see why it should be a problem to cancel it...

GB: Let me check for you.

GB: Okay we can do it.

I think their script is just 'no' for the first request and if the request persists or if the requests is also coming from enough of their other clients, then they'll make amends.  Sorta like it has to go past at least the lowest level of escalation, before it will be considered resolution.  

Not a bad strategy, it helps them to retain their revenue, but could be not prudent if competition is strong.  

Well now there's one box that's opened up for for someone who might want one and not risk getting a hodge-podge one.

ZoomButt.gif

Thanks ladies for your support!

Glad you were able to get that worked out!

I just read that Glossybox has suspended operations in Canada. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I remember they had some issues with expired/discontinued products, and sent out drugstore samples at times. It's pretty unfortunate that they couldn't pull it together though! 

Yeah, I heard they went kaput. They sent out an email to their subscribers fairly recently after being silent for a couple of weeks. I hope the U.S. one is run well enough that we don't have to worry about them seemingly spontaneously folding.

I wonder how Glossybox conglomerate is ran. Apparently they're all independent sectors/businesses, unlike Birchbox, which all seem to be owned by Birchbox...

It sounds like they're franchised. Every country operates completely separate from one another. It was a replicated business meant to be sold to the highest bidder, but no interested buyers as of yet. It also accounts for why they're not run as efficiently as Birchbox is.

If anyone is still looking for a coupon code I just found one below:

Code:  LOVE  

GLOSSYBOX: Free Eyeshadow from ModelCo with Any Beauty Box Subscription. Ends 6/16/2013

Originally Posted by mom2aqt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If anyone is still looking for a coupon code I just found one below:

Code:  LOVE  

GLOSSYBOX: Free Eyeshadow from ModelCo with Any Beauty Box Subscription. Ends 6/16/2013
Ooh, thanks!

Ok, I caved.  I resubbed to get this months box.  I had canceled after April but this one looks like it will be great!  I loved the last collab box so I have high hopes. 

I just subbed for this box. I haven't been all that impressed with Glossybox in the past, but this does look like a good box. I hope they actually give me the Model Co., since I did use the promo code. 

Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

3 weeks if we're lucky! It seems like there are always "delays."
BUT never delays when it comes to being charged!  That happens on time! 

Back