Glossybox - June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ZoomButt.gif

​
Looks like they are following in the conceptual foot steps of Atelier.  While the presentation is old school good and the new scents are intriguing...  I am still not warming up to the idea of the tiny vials, even if there are 6 of them.  

I usually like to sample a fragrance for 6 to 7 days before the full purchase, trying it on a cold, warm and hot day.   The vial size testers do not provide sufficient product for a thorough 'how do you do' with this fragrance of the $140 calibre.  

I'd prefer to get acquainted with one or two scents intimately, via a deluxe size vs. six superficially, via the teeny tiny spanky vial size...  It's like going to a whisky tasting for $100 bottle top shelves and have the hosts pass out honey-straws filled with said whisky, rather then being poured one finger in a shot glass.   

That's just my .02 oz. (disclaimer: Not my expression, saw an MUT use it and I thought it was brilliant!)

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Six vials are more than enough for me. I only need a spritz - most of the time not even that - to determine whether or not the perfume and I are going to work out. I'm excited for the rest of the contents though. If I had to be nitpicky, I'd wish for another Tarte lipstick. The one they're sending out got crushed in the QVC.com reviews. It makes me feel like Tarte's looking to unload.

Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ZoomButt.gif

​
Looks like they are following in the conceptual foot steps of Atelier.  While the presentation is old school good and the new scents are intriguing...  I am still not warming up to the idea of the tiny vials, even if there are 6 of them.  

I usually like to sample a fragrance for 6 to 7 days before the full purchase, trying it on a cold, warm and hot day.   The vial size testers do not provide sufficient product for a thorough 'how do you do' with this fragrance of the $140 calibre.  

I'd prefer to get acquainted with one or two scents intimately, via a deluxe size vs. six superficially, via the teeny tiny spanky vial size...  It's like going to a whisky tasting for $100 bottle top shelves and have the hosts pass out honey-straws filled with said whisky, rather then being poured one finger in a shot glass.   

That's just my .02 oz. (disclaimer: Not my expression, saw an MUT use it and I thought it was brilliant!)

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Six vials are more than enough for me. I only need a spritz - most of the time not even that - to determine whether or not the perfume and I are going to work out. I'm excited for the rest of the contents though. If I had to be nitpicky, I'd wish for another Tarte lipstick. The one they're sending out got crushed in the QVC.com reviews. It makes me feel like Tarte's looking to unload.

I agree...I actually usually get quite a few wears out of a tiny vial, as I only use a spritz or two at a time. I'm happy to get all 6!

Went to go check my glossybox subscriptions because I decided to resubscribe for June, and.. what? These just appeared, they weren't there last time I checked it. I can't remove them either, I only have the option to cancel them. Has anyone else had this before? I don't even know which one is the subscription that I used last, and I don't want to create ANOTHER one. 

It appears so.  When I ordered it a photo of the June box with the "American Beauty" girl was on the box top.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

So the line-up looks like this:

• Tart Lip Stick (nudes) with lipgloss core (I believe 2 shades fair and medium)
  • Bondi New York custom color collection
  • Oscar de la Renta “Essential Luxuries" fragrance collection
  • C. Booth apothecary-inspired body care product
  • Phlip B. Botanical luxury hair product
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I didn't realize all the spoilers were up! Excited!!

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would totally sub for this box if I had a good promo code. Has anyone found any % off codes or anything? 
I second this, I want the June box but I am waiting for a promo! The eyeliner one expired a couple of days ago :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My sub ends in June.  Does anyone know how long I should wait to order July?  I don't really trust their common sense and don't want another June.

Originally Posted by easteregg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My sub ends in June.  Does anyone know how long I should wait to order July?  I don't really trust their common sense and don't want another June.
You can re-sub on July 1 to be safe.  By then, the June boxes should have shipped.  Also, GB has been posting on FB and sending emails for "last chance" to get the May box so they'll likely send one for June so you'll know when it's safe to do so. 

ZoomButt.gif

I placed an extra gift order by mistake and now I have two extra boxes coming to me.  Trying to cancel, I sent half a dozen emails and finally got a response from GB - a negative one.  They would not allow it, citing that the boxes are 'immediately' prepared for shipment and cannot be cancelled or refunded.  

I find this ludicrous because 'immediate' is nothing I've experienced from them, in either CS or box shipment, they ride on our good will month after month with the delayed boxes...  The only 'immediate' in this whole transaction is how quickly GB collects money.  

Well if they have been immediately prepared and in such a rapid pace that it is too late to reverse charges, I assume that I shall receive the boxes by mid next week, end of week latest? 

I'm pretty much miffed by GB's business process, my door is slowly closing on you GB, the consistent late box delivery and the 1 out of 4 good box routine...  Eh... who am I kidding, I'll be back in a few months, maybe...

MAY 31, 2013  |  02:28PM EDT 
Alex replied:
Hi Grace,

Thanks for writing in! Unfortunately, once placed, GLOSSYBOX orders are immediately prepared for shipment and cannot be cancelled or refunded. My apologies for the inconvenience.
Best, 
Alex From The GLOSSYBOX Team 
[email protected] 
1.855.6 GLOSSY 

MAY 31, 2013  |  01:02PM EDT 
Original message
Grace wrote:

Please reverse charges on this order.  It was an error.  Please confirm receipt of this email and completion of action.  Thank you.

best,
Grace

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I placed an extra gift order by mistake and now I have two extra boxes coming to me.  Trying to cancel, I sent half a dozen emails and finally got a response from GB - a negative one.  They would not allow it, citing that the boxes are 'immediately' prepared for shipment and cannot be cancelled or refunded.  

I find this ludicrous because 'immediate' is nothing I've experienced from them, in either CS or box shipment, they ride on our good will month after month with the delayed boxes...  The only 'immediate' in this whole transaction is how quickly GB collects money.  

Well if they have been immediately prepared and in such a rapid pace that it is too late to reverse charges, I assume that I shall receive the boxes by mid next week, end of week latest? 

I'm pretty much miffed by GB's business process, my door is slowly closing on you GB, the consistent late box delivery and the 1 out of 4 good box routine...  Eh... who am I kidding, I'll be back in a few months, maybe...

MAY 31, 2013  |  02:28PM EDT Alex replied:

Hi Grace,
Thanks for writing in! Unfortunately, once placed, GLOSSYBOX orders are immediately prepared for shipment and cannot be cancelled or refunded. My apologies for the inconvenience.
Best, Alex From The GLOSSYBOX Team 

[email protected] 

1.855.6 GLOSSY 

Original message

Grace wrote:

Please reverse charges on this order.  It was an error.  Please confirm receipt of this email and completion of action.  Thank you.

best,

Grace

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Wow that is ridiculous! you're right, I've never known Glossybox to be immediate. This just further backs up my decision to cancel after June. Sorry honey :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ZoomButt.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by peggytalkpretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed with the box, I will only stick around for the tarte next month and than call it quits with gb no matter how tempting they make the July spoilers.

So the only question is should I replace GB with lip factory inc. or starlooks???

I'd go with Starlooks, it seems that Lip Factory Inc and Ipsy share some brands and feature similar products from said brand... that is if you are subbed to Ipsy!  

Quote: Originally Posted by peggytalkpretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow that is ridiculous! you're right, I've never known Glossybox to be immediate. This just further backs up my decision to cancel after June. Sorry honey :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks!  I'll be putting the breaks on GB to after June.  

It's just a bit of a double standard from GB, to be so flippant with their action items but be iron-clad with our action items.  If that was a boyfriend who was always 45 min late to everything... turns around and tells me 'sorry sweetie, we have to keep the playoff tix, I feel badly that you have to be out of town, but I've already gotten the day off' well, let's just say the other grass just got greener...

The extra box in the scheme of things isn't a big deal, it's the price of a cab ride, but it's the customer experience they've created.  I mean not refunding is a policy thing, not a procedural thing and it certainly has very little to do with the urgency of their process.

ZoomButt.gif

Hi Grace,

[email protected] 

1.855.6 GLOSSY 

Original message

Grace wrote:

best,

Grace

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

That is total BS. I remember they were able to reverse charges on the Mother's Day boxes people were canceling. It's doubtful every time someone places an order someone runs to the warehouse and packs it immediately.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is total BS. I remember they were able to reverse charges on the Mother's Day boxes people were canceling. It's doubtful every time someone places an order someone runs to the warehouse and packs it immediately.
Agreed.....then they magically sit in the warehouse for WEEKS till they finally ship out the last few days of the month...for no good reason whatsoever LOL
smileno.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I'd go with Starlooks, it seems that Lip Factory Inc and Ipsy share some brands and feature similar products from said brand... that is if you are subbed to Ipsy!  

It's just a bit of a double standard from GB, to be so flippant with their action items but be iron-clad with our action items.  If that was a boyfriend who was always 45 min late to everything... turns around and tells me 'sorry sweetie, we have to keep the playoff tix, I feel badly that you have to be out of town, but I've already gotten the day off' well, let's just say the other grass just got greener...

The extra box in the scheme of things isn't a big deal, it's the price of a cab ride, but it's the customer experience they've created.  I mean not refunding is a policy thing, not a procedural thing and it certainly has very little to do with the urgency of their process.

I had this problem with GB before. Since I paid through PayPal I contacted them and the charges were eventually refunded to me.

ZoomButt.gif

Thanks! I think I'm gonna sub to Lip factory for now just to expand my lip collection because i seem to keep wearing the same two shades of lipstick and i want to get out of my rut, lol, also i sent customer service at lip fact. inc. an email asking when the next all lip box was and they responded in literally like 2 minutes saying that july SHOULD be the next all lip but then hinted that because it is their anniversary they MAY do something special, so im hooked for july, but there is only so many lippies a girl can really use so after a month or two ill switch to star looks. Thanks for the Ipsy heads up, im proud too say i have been keeping myself only subbed to one box a month but idk how long that will last among all this temptation!!

Also i think that is your right, refunds are a policy thing, and someone at GB headquarters needs to go back to business ethics 101 asap lol, but i think birch hughes has a good idea about paypal if you ordered through them, a lot of times they will fight on your behalf, or maybe your credit card company will do the same?? Regardless though its all BS because i've seen girls return and cancel boxes all time on these threads. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes a generous serving of BS... what am I a mushroom?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed.....then they magically sit in the warehouse for WEEKS till they finally ship out the last few days of the month...for no good reason whatsoever LOL
smileno.gif

That's exactly what I was thinking 
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by birchhughes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had this problem with GB before. Since I paid through PayPal I contacted them and the charges were eventually refunded to me.
I'll keep at GB until they uncle, or until I get an interpretation gig and am forced away from my computer... ya know, if I'm not bringing in bank, I need to be recouping any lost.

Originally Posted by peggytalkpretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! I think I'm gonna sub to Lip factory for now just to expand my lip collection because i seem to keep wearing the same two shades of lipstick and i want to get out of my rut, lol, also i sent customer service at lip fact. inc. an email asking when the next all lip box was and they responded in literally like 2 minutes saying that july SHOULD be the next all lip but then hinted that because it is their anniversary they MAY do something special, so im hooked for july, but there is only so many lippies a girl can really use so after a month or two ill switch to star looks. Thanks for the Ipsy heads up, im proud too say i have been keeping myself only subbed to one box a month but idk how long that will last among all this temptation!!

Also i think that is your right, refunds are a policy thing, and someone at GB headquarters needs to go back to business ethics 101 asap lol, but i think birch hughes has a good idea about paypal if you ordered through them, a lot of times they will fight on your behalf, or maybe your credit card company will do the same?? Regardless though its all BS because i've seen girls return and cancel boxes all time on these threads. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

That's exciting about Lip Factory Inc, I have a bunch of lippies but they are all just about... of the reds, nudes and wine shades that I've received through the subs.  I was in Sephora and tried on the Dior Bellissima and kept puckering at every mirror that I passed, more a la Zoolander then couture...  It wasn't a red, nude or a wine but a red with a touch of fuschia toned down by a splash of wine, then I realized there was a whole spectrum to be discovered and explored within that range.

Funny thing I first typed in Factory Inc (w/o the 'Lip') and i was looking at an by appointment only jewelry site, with Cartier prices.  I remember thinking "Wow!  These have subs?!  How much are they, $2,500?  

peggytalkpretty sure has some spare change in her pockets!"   I wanna party with her! 
icon_cool.gif

On GB, I'm sure they'll change their mind after another half a dozen emails or I'll have the credit card reverse the charges.  On second thought it's way too much trouble, I'll just throw the extras up for trade, most likely.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Hi Grace,

[email protected] 

1.855.6 GLOSSY 

Original message

Grace wrote:

best,

Grace

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Seems like they were just too lazy to issue a refund. One thing for sure is that Glossybox does not ship quickly. Maybe you can try calling or emailing again hopefully you will get someone more helpful.

Yes a generous serving of BS... what am I a mushroom?

That's exactly what I was thinking 
icon_lol.gif

I'll keep at GB until they uncle, or until I get an interpretation gig and am forced away from my computer... ya know, if I'm not bringing in bank, I need to be recouping any lost.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

That's exciting about Lip Factory Inc, I have a bunch of lippies but they are all just about... of the reds, nudes and wine shades that I've received through the subs.  I was in Sephora and tried on the Dior Bellissima and kept puckering at every mirror that I passed, more a la Zoolander then couture...  It wasn't a red, nude or a wine but a red with a touch of fuschia toned down by a splash of wine, then I realized there was a whole spectrum to be discovered and explored within that range.

Funny thing I first typed in Factory Inc (w/o the 'Lip') and i was looking at an by appointment only jewelry site, with Cartier prices.  I remember thinking "Wow!  These have subs?!  How much are they, $2,500?  

peggytalkpretty sure has some spare change in her pockets!"   I wanna party with her! 
icon_cool.gif

On GB, I'm sure they'll change their mind after another half a dozen emails or I'll have the credit card reverse the charges.  On second thought it's way too much trouble, I'll just throw the extras up for trade, most likely.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Lol That is exactly the "whole new world" feeling I'm looking to get out of Lip factory, hopefully it goes well!! and omg I just googled Factory's inc lolol a million-dollar sub, only in my dreams!! Yeah you just have to wear them down, or maybe if you get a different customer service rep you'll get a completely different response.

Back