Glossybox - June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

just got this email this morning 

looks like we are getting all 6 fragrances as a sampler in our box. 
Got the same email. Should be a good collection!

Question: Are we sure that the other 2(?) items that had been announced on different sites are in every box ? I feel like Glossybox tends to announce an item and then it is not in every box after all .
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ZoomButt.gif

'Current' Subscriber Alert!
w00t.gif
 ​
 ​
Just pulled the trigger on a 2nd box for self... ​
eusa_whistle.gif
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Me too! 
icon_redface.gif

I can't wait to resub - just have to find a good discount code! This looks to be a really great box!

I swore off Glossybox forever after my first, and only box in January (loved the box, hated the company) but they've reeled me back in! The June box looks great! Now the looooong wait.

ZoomButt.gif

'Current' Subscriber Alert!
w00t.gif
 ​
 ​
Just pulled the trigger on a 2nd box for self... ​
eusa_whistle.gif
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Is this for the June box? 

Originally Posted by latinafeminista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is this for the June box? 
It appears so.  When I ordered it a photo of the June box with the "American Beauty" girl was on the box top.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

So the line-up looks like this:

• Tart Lip Stick (nudes) with lipgloss core (I believe 2 shades fair and medium)
  • Bondi New York custom color collection
  • Oscar de la Renta “Essential Luxuries" fragrance collection
  • C. Booth apothecary-inspired body care product
  • Phlip B. Botanical luxury hair product
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

​
Looks like they are following in the conceptual foot steps of Atelier.  While the presentation is old school good and the new scents are intriguing...  I am still not warming up to the idea of the tiny vials, even if there are 6 of them.  

I usually like to sample a fragrance for 6 to 7 days before the full purchase, trying it on a cold, warm and hot day.   The vial size testers do not provide sufficient product for a thorough 'how do you do' with this fragrance of the $140 calibre.  

I'd prefer to get acquainted with one or two scents intimately, via a deluxe size vs. six superficially, via the teeny tiny spanky vial size...  It's like going to a whisky tasting for $100 bottle top shelves and have the hosts pass out honey-straws filled with said whisky, rather then being poured one finger in a shot glass.   

That's just my .02 oz. (disclaimer: Not my expression, saw an MUT use it and I thought it was brilliant!)

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

It appears so.  When I ordered it a photo of the June box with the "American Beauty" girl was on the box top.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

So the line-up looks like this:

• Tart Lip Stick (nudes) with lipgloss core (I believe 2 shades fair and medium)
  • Bondi New York custom color collection
  • Oscar de la Renta “Essential Luxuries" fragrance collection
  • C. Booth apothecary-inspired body care product
  • Phlip B. Botanical luxury hair product
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Sorry to be so dense but did you buy a gift box for yourself then? Did it let you do that? I'm interested in the June box but I want to make sure I'm getting that box for the $15 price and not some random welcome gift box or something like that 

If you get yourself a gift box, don't forget to ebates it! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> $12.25 for a box is pretty great! (And MrRebates has $3 so $12 even...)

I don't NEED a box, but I really want one... lol especially since I still have my heart set out on a upcycled GB wardrobe. But I'd need two more boxes after this even.

Originally Posted by latinafeminista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry to be so dense but did you buy a gift box for yourself then? Did it let you do that? I'm interested in the June box but I want to make sure I'm getting that box for the $15 price and not some random welcome gift box or something like that 
For your questions ~ Yes, uh-huh and I'm hopping that they will deliver the box featured at the check out, otherwise they will receive an 'inquiry' from me 
icon_twisted.gif

Actually thanks for the question, I'm going to take a snap-shot of the ordering page incase there's a dispute.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

For your questions ~ Yes, uh-huh and I'm hopping that they will deliver the box featured at the check out, otherwise they will receive an 'inquiry' from me 
icon_twisted.gif

Actually thanks for the question, I'm going to take a snap-shot of the ordering page incase there's a dispute.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Awesome, thanks for answering all of my questions! And good idea on the snapshot, will be doing the same!

I'm super excited for the perfume set! I like (and am hopping) that we really do get all 6! I love that we are pretty much getting the whole set to try. This whole box just looks amazing!

Anyone accidentally bought two boxes?

I created a new subscription then cancelled and reactivating my old one never realizing I inadvertently bought two boxes. 
icon_rolleyes.gif
 Anyone ever do this before? I contacted them but I'm afraid I wont get my money back because I cancelled the first subscription. 

I feel like an idiot now. 
icon_redface.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Looks like they are following in the conceptual foot steps of Atelier.  While the presentation is old school good and the new scents are intriguing...  I am still not warming up to the idea of the tiny vials, even if there are 6 of them.   I usually like to sample a fragrance for 6 to 7 days before the full purchase, trying it on a cold, warm and hot day.   The vial size testers do not provide sufficient product for a thorough 'how do you do' with this fragrance of the $140 calibre.   I'd prefer to get acquainted with one or two scents intimately, via a deluxe size vs. six superficially, via the teeny tiny spanky vial size...  It's like going to a whisky tasting for $100 bottle top shelves and have the hosts pass out honey-straws filled with said whisky, rather then being poured one finger in a shot glass.    That's just my .02 oz. (disclaimer: Not my expression, saw an MUT use it and I thought it was brilliant!)

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Bahahahahaha awesome metaphor!

I had no idea who Dallas shaw was before this.... I'm a bit behind the times in the blog universe. This box seems super cute so I'm, for the first time in a long while, actually looking forward to this box

I'm amused that they're back with the gifting one of the curated boxes idea again. I caved and got a second box. I'm going to take a break on GB after June anyway, so this is good. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by peggytalkpretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bahahahahaha awesome metaphor!
Thank you, right brain was on 5th gear last night... one too many coffee...
yess.gif

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm amused that they're back with the gifting one of the curated boxes idea again. I caved and got a second box. I'm going to take a break on GB after June anyway, so this is good. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Me too!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Back