Ipsy-June 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my bags today and I'm okay with what I got

Bag 1: It cosmetics brow pencil

smashbox primer

befine cucumber mask

formula x nail polish in power source

eyeshadow pencil in kona coffee

Bag 2: glamierre brush

smashbox primer

biorepublic masks

Jcat lipstain in blow your mind

eyeshadow pencil in venetian gold

I love how the brush is bigger than I expected, I was expecting something way smaller so I'm happy to have that. I think this month was pretty good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The eyeshadow pencils aren't something I use but I swatched them and they seem to be nice. When I pulled one out of the bag I seriously thought that the lid fell off, looked everywhere for it and was about to email ipsycare when I looked closer at the pencil... the lid wasn't missing, it just looks like a sharpened pencil tip  :blink:  you think the line separating the top from the bottom half would've tipped me off but the lid looks and feels like a real pencil LOL

When I pulled one out of the bag I seriously thought that the lid fell off, looked everywhere for it and was about to email ipsycare when I looked closer at the pencil... the lid wasn't missing, it just looks like a sharpened pencil tip  :blink:  you think the line separating the top from the bottom half would've tipped me off but the lid looks and feels like a real pencil LOL
Hahah I had the exact same though. I even tried to swatch the tip on the back of my hand, and was like "wtf it has no pigmentation!" and then I realised what was going on. So you're not alone.

Hahah I had the exact same though. I even tried to swatch the tip on the back of my hand, and was like "wtf it has no pigmentation!" and then I realised what was going on. So you're not alone.
Haha, me three! I thought I was missing the lid. Looked everywhere until I noticed that was the lid!

I got my bag today and I'm happy:)

The three sheet masks seem really nice and I love skin care treatments.

I got my first choice in the eye crayon in the shade Venetian Gold! It's going to work perfectly with my Bobbi Brown one in Bark for quick and easy eye makeup.

The Key West lotion is awesome! It smells so good and the formula is perfect. It moisturizes but doesn't leave a greasy or oily residue on my skin.

Smashbox primer is what I was looking forward to the most. Love the brand, and I use primer almost daily.

The only product I'm meh about is the Jcat lip stain. I got the color I liked better of the two. It has a nice minty smell and staying power. I'm just not into bright lip color.

The bag itself is really cute and I like the material! Keep it up Ipsy!

Had a chance to try some of my items out so here's what I liked (and didn't) this month:\

-Smashbox Primer - nice enough for a primer but I don't get a lot of use out of them on a regular basis

- eye crayon in pink pearl - seems more of a nude than a pearl and doesn't really stand out against my skin tone. . . boring

- j. cat lip stain. . .I think it's the Hikilicious but I can't actually see the name of the colour on the package.  I like lip stains but this one sucks - it doesn't dry and gets all over everything (fork, fingers, etc. - won't stay on my lips but won't wash off of those easily? not good)

- the sheet masks - I love sheet masks and these have a good amount of essence but I put a finger right through one while putting it on and didn't find they fit my face well. . . not great quality for the price and I have much better (and cheaper) ones in my stash

- lavanilla lotion - not too greasy, scent's a little muskier than expected but I'll use it

So a pretty meh month - nothing truly terrible (although if I don't like the lip stain better next time I use it, it's gone baby gone) but nothing that really excites me either  :wacko:

Back