Ipsy March 2015-spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That double ended crease brush is actually pretty nice and works well with creamy eyeshadows and highlighters.  Ya know, the stuff that you usually apply with your finger but is too creamy for your brushes or gunks them up too much. The pointed side is really useful for under your brow and getting highlight right into your inner corners of your eyes. I think it would also work really well for creamy concealers.  

So early access is up on the site already.

My bag:
NYX Lipstick (yay!)
Pur-Lisse soy milk cleanser and makeup remover (meh)

Boo-Boo cover up (in medium - NOT going to match my skin tone at all.. guess pale means nothing)

Dr Brandt Pores No More Mattifying Lotion (my quiz specifies DRY skin - why would I want a matte lotion?)

Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind Highlighter

*Edit - after looking at ALL of the options, I guess my bag isn't THAT bad. They're sending out a lot of repeat products from previous bags.

Last edited by a moderator:
So early access is up on the site already.

My bag:

NYX Lipstick (yay!)

Pur-Lisse soy milk cleanser and makeup remover (meh)

Boo-Boo cover up (in medium - NOT going to match my skin tone at all.. guess pale means nothing)

Dr Brandt Pores No More Mattifying Lotion (my quiz specifies DRY skin - why would I want a matte lotion?)

Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind Highlighter

*Edit - after looking at ALL of the options, I guess my bag isn't THAT bad. They're sending out a lot of repeat products from previous bags.
Same bag. Also pale with dry skin. Ipsy apparently doesn't care.

Pixi Mesmerising Mineral Duo

Nyx Lipstick
ACURE Day Cream
Boo-Boo cover up
Skyn Iceland gels

Overall I'm pretty happy. I love Pixi's mineral shadows and those colours look pretty versatile. I love the Nyx lipsticks, I think I'll be happy with whichever one I get. Excited about the day cream, I'm about to run out of my usual moisturiser and I'm always on the lookout for new products, this one has no parabens or sulfates so it should make my skin happy. I've heard fantastic things about those Skyn eye gels so I'm chuffed to try them out.

The only thing I am not happy about is the Boo-Boo cover up. It's way too dark for my skin, and it has tea tree oil which I am massively allergic to :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm sure someone I know will get some use out of it though.

Interesting, I'm getting the same bag: meh

Screen shot 2015-03-04 at 3.18.05 PM.png

Nyx - eh will depend on which shade I get, probably will get traded. But I'd rather lipstick over glitter eyeshadow

Pur-lisse - ugh I really dislike products with soy for my face, it's only cleanser I *might* try it, or trade it. 

Boo boo cover up - I'm interested enough to try this out and see if it'll work over bruises

Pores no more lotion - doesn't look like it gets great reviews, might try it, might trade it

Vintage - eh I'm almost at pan on my little balm highlighter so if it's similar it might work.

Looks like I might trade my entire bag. sigh.

I don't hate my bag at all. I got:

NYX lipstick (yay!)

Pixi shadow

Chella (yay!!!)

Skyn gel pads (I liked the skyn wipes so I hope I like these)

Acura lotion (always down for lotions)

Plus, I redeemed my points for the It concealer and Smashbox primer. really good final box from ipsy.

UGH

I got: 

Evelyn Iona Concelear... it's in medium. seriously? I AM SO WHITE I AM ACTUALLY ALLERGIC TO THE SUN. WHYYY?

purlisse gentle soymilk cleanser... i'll try it... but i have so many face cleaners to still get through from past bags.

Milani polish... okay, these spring colors look perfect. will gladly take either.

NYX Lipstick... if i cant get the little susie, the color wont work... fingers crossed!

Acure Cream... booooo. thanks for the lame cream.

this bag is a bust.

At least no hair products!!

But I am getting the same bag of:

Nyx lipstick

Purlisse cleanser (I don't think I'll have to buy cleanser ever again.  I did like the one they sent a few months ago. )

Boo-boo coverup

Dr Brandt (meh I was not impressed with the pore vacuum or whatever it was called from birchbox)

Vintage (If it's like Cindy Lou Manizer, I'll be happy)

It was an ok bag.   But they need to send MORE polish to me.  lol 

I love St. Ives scrubs, but I wouldn't be happy to see this in a bag... they're also sending this out.

I just sent them an email saying to send me this March bag and then cancel my subscription. I'm not happy at all, this was the tipping point for me.

Also, birchbox is sending out a beauty blender for their March box if you sign up before the 15th. (https://www.birchbox.ca/ if anyone is interested) It's also $14.95 a month, but they charge in Canadian dollars.

Why is this bad? I'm not familiar with them.
Gilchrest and Soames is a brand mostly known for being the soaps and lotions you get free at a hotel. This alone wouldn't be terrible. The problem is the stuff tends to smell super nasty and doesn't work terribly well. I have only received the lotion in a birchbox but it was so watery and foul smelling I tossed the whole sample. 

Gilchrest and Soames is a brand mostly known for being the soaps and lotions you get free at a hotel. This alone wouldn't be terrible. The problem is the stuff tends to smell super nasty and doesn't work terribly well. I have only received the lotion in a birchbox but it was so watery and foul smelling I tossed the whole sample. 
Ohhh, bleah. Thanks for filling me in!

Every time I try to log in for early access the page just swirls and swirls and won't load. There wasn't anything I actually wanted in the spoilers but this is still pretty annoying. 

Back