Ipsy March 2015-spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The site seems to be experiencing technical difficulties. It posted to my FB, but on the ipsy site the heart swirls and then it goes back to the 'step 1 post on facebook' page. I can see the thumbnail on my fb, but I want to see all the products, ipsy!

I also got the lipstick, purlisse, boo boo coverup, dr brandt, vintage.

The site seems to be experiencing technical difficulties. It posted to my FB, but on the ipsy site the heart swirls and then it goes back to the 'step 1 post on facebook' page. I can see the thumbnail on my fb, but I want to see all the products, ipsy!

I also got the lipstick, purlisse, boo boo coverup, dr brandt, vintage.
The site seems to be having issues. It did let me in eventually. Purlisse, boo hoo, pixie, NYX lipstick and that glow oil stuff. All the featured products seem meh.  

Finally a bag that I love! I'm just hoping I don't receive that hot pink lipstick!

image.jpg

I'm getting:

• Coolway Glow Oil Treatment
  • Crown Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush
  • Pixi Mesmerizing Mineral Duo eyeshadows
  • Nyx Butter Lipstick
  • skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels
Most excited about getting the Crown duet brush (LOL)! Overall , fairly happy with my bag. I think I'll stick with Ipsy a little longer...

Pretty meh on my box:

NYX Butter Lip:  None of the colors will work for me.

Purlisse Cleanser:  Good size for travel.

Boo Boo Coverup:  Medium isn't going to work for me.  I hate skin specific colors like this since they are usually never light enough for me.

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Mattifying Lotion:  Will have to see, but not a fan at this point.

Vintage Face Highlighter:  So, after I make sure I make my face matte with my Dr. Brandt I will go ahead and put highlighter on it so it isn't quite so matte.  I realize it is just for highlights, but it isn't something I will really use.

Guess I can't complain too much though.  I'm not feeling like I missed out on any of the other products.  Everything kind of meh to me this month.

Yet another month that Ipsy did not even come close to using my profile to match my bag to me.  I have two accounts.  There is not a single thing marked off that is the same between the two accounts.  The only thing similar between them is that I have light skin.  Even my hair/eye color and age is different.  Yet again, I am getting two identical bags.  They aren't horrible bags:

NYX Lipstick

Purlisse

Booboo Cover up (in MEDIUM)

Dr. Brandt

Vintage highlighter

I have two accounts though because I want to try more things, not because I want two identical bags of stuff that isn't customized to me at all.  I think Ipsy and I are headed for Splitsville.

It seems like all of us that are pale, or lighter skin toned, are getting boo boo in medium.

@@jayne, I felt the same way about the matte lotion, then highlighter. What's the point?! I also have my skin type as dry.. Who would ever think I want a mattifying lotion?!

I sent them an email this afternoon to cancel.

+1 more pale woman with dry skin.

When I saw that I am to receive concealer in shade medium I was like, "why Ipsy?! Why??" At least pretend that our profiles are taken into account.

I'm not big into skin care so I'm bummed to be getting two skin care products in my bag. But I guess at least it isn't St. Ives or the hotel soap company.

I really wanted one of the lipsticks and the vintage highlighter so that redeems the bag for me.

image.jpg

I'm getting:

• Nyx Butter Lipstick
  • skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels
Most excited about getting the Crown duet brush (LOL)! Overall , fairly happy with my bag. I think I'll stick with Ipsy a little longer...
I'm getting the same bag, and this is my first month with Ipsy. Overall I'm happy, but none of the colors of the NYX lipstick will work for me. Plus lipsticks are not something I have checked that I'm interested in. But I am happy to try the hair oil. And can always use another crease brush. 

I actually think I might keep everything from both of my bags this month (unless I end up with identical lipstick shades - I would be willing to wear any of the shades).

Bag #1:

NYX Lipstick

Purlisse cleanser 

Crown Concealer brush

Acure day cream

Marsk mineral shadow (I'd be happy with the grey or the copper shade)

Bag#2:

Coolway Oil Treatment

Crown Eyeshadow Brush

Pixi eyeshadow

Nyx Lipstick

skyn ICELAND eye gels

This is my first time back with Ipsy after a few months off and I'm pleasantly surprised with my bag:

• Nyx Butter Lipstick
  • Chella Ivory Highlighting Pencil
I'm most excited for the Nyx and Crown Brush, the others aren't too exciting but I'll try them out.

On the bright side I'm receving one of the Nyx lipsticks and I really love the bag.

I am receiving the boo boo concealer which like many of you here, will be too dark for my skin. I am also getting the Coolway oil. I tend to stay away from oils because even if I apply just a little it still makes my hair feel greasy. I am also getting the Purlisse (not too excited for this) and the Pixi eyeshadow which I am just meh about.

Luckily, my sister is getting a much better bag and she said she would trade me her Chella pencil for my boo boo concealer.

Who knows, maybe I will end up loving some of the products that I'm not very excited about.

I originally felt disappointed by my bag. I broke down the value of the products and feel like I am getting a good value with most of the products being used. I would like to understand why I am marked under LIGHT skin because it's winter and they are sending me a concealer in MEDIUM. This will not be used for several months or not at all, what a waste. But I do love the print on the bag it is gorgeous!

wck4rp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting:

NYX Lipstick (I don't really like the color selection .. but I'm happier with this than the single eye shadow)

Pur-Lisse      (Ok .. it's cleanser. I'll use it.)
Evelyn Iona Concealer   (Yeah!)

Vintage Face Highlighter           (Looks more like blush .. I think I'll like it.)

Gilchrist Body lotion                   (Meh .. Don't like getting body lotion at all.)

Overall for me it's 4/5. It's not a bad bag.

I notice some of you said the Boo Boo Cover up would be too dark. I received it in previous Ipsy, and I'll say their Medium is really pale! Please wait and see it in person first! (By the way this month's sample looks smaller than the one I received before, so, meh.)

I'm getting:

Nyx lipstick

pixie duo

acure day cream

skyn iceland eyepatchs

chella highlighter- do.not.want

I can't complain too  much, except I already have the chella highlighter and I think it sucks, but also I don't use highligher. I'm getting the jcat wonder lip paint that I redeemed my points for. So at least I have that to look forward too.

I'm getting:

Nyx lipstick

pixie duo

acure day cream

skyn iceland eyepatchs

chella highlighter- do.not.want

I can't complain too  much, except I already have the chella highlighter and I think it sucks, but also I don't use highligher. I'm getting the jcat wonder lip paint that I redeemed my points for. So at least I have that to look forward too.
So far that seems like the best bag I've seen. I got acure in a birchbox and it smells awesome. Overall March seemed like a meh month. 

So far that seems like the best bag I've seen. I got acure in a birchbox and it smells awesome. Overall March seemed like a meh month.
I agree. This is the perfect bag for me. My sister is receiving this one, I'm so jealous haha!

wp_ss_20150305_0001.pngwp_ss_20150305_0002.png

My bag, the stupid "mobile friendly" site should really be called iPhone friendly because it doesn't work with my windows phone at all. So sorry for having to post two pictures for one bag.

I am most excited for the Chella and the Marsk shadow. The lipstick is exciting, but I have no hope of getting the shade I like best, which is totally fine.

The mattifying lotion is the big mystery for me this bag. On the one hand, I love matte skin and do everything in my power to keep my skin looking smooth and matte, on the other hand I don't trust anything with "plant stem cells" that sounds like some dr. Oz nonsense to me.

Big sexy hair is meh, sure it will work nice on my hair but I would have loved to trade it for something else, like the milani or the concealer

Last edited by a moderator:
Back