Ipsy March 2015-spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reviews before you get your bags?
I was having a hard time with the new site and my windows phone so I tried reviewing the NYX lipstick which I know I will like well enough, to see if that functionality was compatible with my phone.

At least I can get into the site now. I wanted to check what colors they are sending the butter lipsticks in since I already own a few.

Pro: they are only sending 1 shade I already have.

Con: surely that is the shade I will get.

I'm most excited for the Dr.Brandt. I usually love their products and I haven't tried this one yet. I keep poorly reviewing eyeshadow but I get them almost every month. I dodged the nyx shadow but am still getting the loose mineral pot. This month is one of the bags that I won't know how much I like until I have the products in hand. I'm also getting lipstick, hair creme and concealer.

Me too, I emailed ipsycare last night about it, ill let you know if I ever hear back.
They got back to me with the following explanation:

Hello!

"The pink "Review" buttons aren't available during Early Access, but you'll see them appear soon. You'll be able to do your official, 12-step product reviews (and earn Points) for the items you're getting this month once Glam Bag goodies are revealed for everyone. Although you can still review any product by writing a comment and posting it to the product page, this won't count towards your Glam Bag product reviews for Points, and won't factor into your product feedback that we use to pick your future Glam Bags.

I hope that clears things up, but let me know if you have any other questions."

They got back to me with the following explanation:

Hello!

"The pink "Review" buttons aren't available during Early Access, but you'll see them appear soon. You'll be able to do your official, 12-step product reviews (and earn Points) for the items you're getting this month once Glam Bag goodies are revealed for everyone. Although you can still review any product by writing a comment and posting it to the product page, this won't count towards your Glam Bag product reviews for Points, and won't factor into your product feedback that we use to pick your future Glam Bags.

I hope that clears things up, but let me know if you have any other questions."
Thank you so much for posting this. I was wondering why my points were not updating.

and won't factor into your product feedback that we use to pick your future Glam Bags.
I used to "Like" all of the items that I didn't receive but wished I had. I also would leave good review/comments on them. I swear this helped make my bags better as time went on.

So far that seems like the best bag I've seen. I got acure in a birchbox and it smells awesome. Overall March seemed like a meh month. 
I think everything else seems pretty okay, and I actually like all of the colors of lipstick, so I won't be upset no matter which one I get.

And those eye patches. I'm really excited about those.

I'm getting:

NYX Lipstick

Acure Day Cream

Skyn Eye Gels

Crown Brush

Marsk Eyeshadow

This month is a hit for me as long as I get the red or pink lipstick. I'm excited to try everything, and I really think cutting a lot of items off of my quiz helped tremendously!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, so far I haven't seen a bag twin for me this month. I am so glad I am getting the marsk shadow, I'm hoping for the copper color but will definitely use the grey as well. Bummed for everyone who isn't as excited for their bag as me.

I'd thought I'd give y'all a heads up: I think people need to stay away from this beauty subscription. I joined last month in hopes that I would start getting my subscription in March and nope, I get put on this "waitlist". Well, I had never been put on one before when I had Ipsy in the past so I figured well I'll probably get put on there when the March bags go out, no biggie.

Well, the beginning of March came and apparently I am still on the waitlist. So I decided Ipsy wasn't worth my time because I got mad and suspicious that there was a waitlist to begin with. Remember, I had Ipsy in the past and never had to go through such a thing and also I have been subscribed to numerous beauty boxes in the past and never had to do this either. So I decided to get off the waitlist and take my business elsewhere because I had decided this was a waste of time.

Well, I find out that I have to e-mail in order to let them know I don't want to be on the waitlist anymore. I do that. The next day I get an e-mail from a customer service rep wanting to know FOR SURE IF I WANT TO CANCEL BECAUSE I AM TO START GETTING NEXT MONTH'S BAG. I AM TO E-MAIL THE REP BACK AND LET THEM KNOW. 

Huh? What? I said take me off, which means take me off. Not this other bulls*** which I quickly realize is a runaround. So I do e-mail them again and I state that I STILL DO NOT WANT IT AND TAKE ME OFF THE LIST.

Then I don't hear back from them for the next two days. I realize now what's going on. They thought they could lure me and when I didn't want it, they don't want to do what they're going to have to do. Which means why I haven't gotten another PROMPT RESPONSE LIKE I DID WITH THE FIRST E-MAIL. See the pattern?

Now, I'm mad. So yesterday I send A THIRD E-MAIL (Which I don't think I should have to be doing at this point) and now I let them know that I do not like what they're doing and that I most definitely do not want the bag and I also let them know that I did not appreciate their deceptive business practice. Still haven't heard from them yet.

Now I may hear back from them on Monday, I don't know but I'm not holding my breath. Even if I do and they fix this I still WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO THEM. 

Do y'all see what I mean? I do not like the fact that I go to the website and sign up, meaning I FILL OUT MY PROFILE AND ALSO GIVE MY CREDIT CARD INFO only to be told that I have to "wait" to start a subscription. There is nothing on their homepage that states you'll be put on this waitlist in the beginning, which of course if there had been, I wouldn't have bothered. THAT IS DECEPTIVE. AND I DO NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT THEY HAVE MY CC INFO. 

I also do not like the fact that when they tried to lure me and I still said no, that's when I don't hear back and then had to send a THIRD E-MAIL. THAT'S NOT RIGHT AND IS BLANTANTLY SUSPICIOUS. WHICH MEANS I DON'T TRUST THEM WITH MY CC INFO.

Basically I feel as if they thought I'd would just forget about it and not bother and then that way my card could be charged next month and that way they at least got some money out of me before I finally get to cancel. I don't know. But that's the way I feel since they all of a sudden are not sending prompt responses to get the matter resolved.

This is why I am mad and letting all of you Ipsy fans know what they are like. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE WANTING TO JOIN. DON'T!!!! I CAN'T STRESS ENOUGH NOT TO JOIN. There are other more reputable beauty subscriptions out there that do not do waitlists and want your business. And you get your monthly subscriptions started right away. AND WHEN YOU WANT TO CANCEL THE LOT OF 'EM HAVE A LINK WHERE YOU CLICK ON IT AND YOU'RE CANCELED. YOU'RE IN CHARGE AND IT'S TAKEN CARE OF. 

What I do know is this: I am letting y'all know so that way if you are new and were thinking about giving this subscription a chance, DON'T!!! 

Reason why is that it's simple: THEY DO NOT HAVE IT STATED ANYWHERE ON THEIR WEBSITE THAT WHEN YOU FIRST JOIN YOU MIGHT BE PUT ON A WAITLIST. SO YOU FILL OUT THE FORM. THEN YOU GIVE YOU CREDIT CARD INFO OUT THINKING YOU'RE GOING TO START WHEN YOU'RE ACTUALLY PUT ON A LIST FOR LATER. YOU SHOULD NOT BE GIVING YOUR INFO OUT UNTIL YOU ARE OFF THE LIST AND YOU ARE GOING TO BE STARTING THE SUBSCRIPTION. THAT IS A BLATANT DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICE THAT SHOULD NOT BE GOING ON. THEN WHEN YOU WANT TO TAKE YOUR NAME OFF, THEY DON'T WANT TO MAKE THAT EASY. SEE THE PATTERN? AND I THINK I KNOW WHY. SO THAT WAY THEY CAN STILL TRY TO CHARGE YOU IF THEY CAN. THAT'S WHY I DON'T WANT THEM HAVING MY INFO.

I see Michelle Phan is up to her ways. I hear Ipsy was sued last year for something and then remember the fiasco back then with the skincare sample that caused her to have to change the name of the original bag (which I can't remember the name) but it had to be changed to Ipsy? She had lost business obviously and had to think of a way to keep the company going. 

I have been thinking about contacting the BBB about this practice they have going if I don't hear back from them soon and I also would like to know if there are other people they have done this too. There is another blog that gives reviews on most all subscription boxes out today and I am going to go on there and let that blogger know about this as well so they can put it on their Ipsy review page. I am just warning people about Ipsy. They are not what they used to be and they also messed with the wrong person. If I do end up getting charged in the next month or whatever, ooh there will be h*** to pay. I am just warning all potential new customers and customers of now. WATCH OUT FOR THEM!

Ipsy has had a waitlist for a long time. When I joined in March 2013, I had been on a waitlist for about a month. I canceled in August 2013 and decided in September that I wanted to resubscribe. I was put on the waitlist and didn't get a bag till November. I haven't been subscribed since July 2014 by my choice, not anything Ipsy did.

This has always been their practice. I have never been charged for a bag I didn't get and easily canceled both times.

It does say in ipsys terms you may be put on a waiting list. Also I did get that 2nd chance email when I tried to cancel,it still let me cancel it was a bit tricky to find.I dont like the idea you have to jump thru hoops on social media but it is what it is.I admit in the past I got a stinky bag,they forgot once to send me a product and my eyeash curler about mainmed me and they dont follow my color choice quiz but I always get a bag, with 4 or 5 products, sometimes late but I still get them.

Off topic, but did anyone get the Emite lash curler last month? I did, and thought it was okay, but last week one side broke off while I was using it, and I was lucky not to lose any lashes. I emailed ipsycare, and they're sending me a new product in my March bag. Wondering what it will be? Just curious if anyone else had this experience. Ipsycare is great, but I still think I'll be cancelling after the March bag.

I got one as well but had put it up on my trade list because I didn't want it. Complaints and discussion about it have been all over the Facebook swapping groups. I've seen 2 photos so far that show broken curlers with pulled out eyelashes attached. A few people posted an e-mail which Ipsy purportedly sent to everyone who received the eyelash curler except I never got that e-mail. I finally e-mailed Ipsy after a week went by to inquire about the curler and why I never received the e-mail. They never addressed the question of why I was never notified (which still bothers me) just told me I'd be receiving an additional item in my March glam bag.

Pretty sure it clearly states you may be put on a waitlist, and when you get put on the waitlist they send you an email telling you if you change your mind and would like to be removed to email them. I was on the list for 5 months because I didn't want to post and like a billion different things just to get off. Also right before you get off the list, they send you an email letting you know so you can cancel in case you forget.

While Ipsy has shoddy customer service (at best most of the time), I don't think there's anything shady about the company at all. They aren't trying to swindle you or steal your cc info and I've never once heard of anyone getting random charges.

edited for spelling because apparently I don't know how to type.

Back