Julep October 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So, I can't decide on a color... so which Julep color do you think is the most unique? I wanted to get Julia, but sadly it it out of stock :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am thinking maybe Blakley or Reiko, but not swooning over either. I would love to hear your stand out polish picks.

blakely is nice but I do like julia more. I'm not sure why it's still out of stock because I just bought a back up bottle during the secret store sale. Maybe if you could call them and order julia over the phone? 

Quote: Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So, I can't decide on a color... so which Julep color do you think is the most unique? I wanted to get Julia, but sadly it it out of stock :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am thinking maybe Blakley or Reiko, but not swooning over either. I would love to hear your stand out polish picks.
Reiko is sooo beautiful!  I think it's very different, but I guess that depends on what you already have
smile.gif

Beatrix is so gorgeous. I love the iridescent sparkles. I used her as a topcoat over metallic gold. Not cleaned up yet, but wanted to share:  
Ooh! That's a great idea. Now I want to try Beatrix over a gold! Or maybe over the yellow from the Oct box? Also, after seeing the curated sets I'm dying to do a candy corn mani. I don't have the yellow they have in the candy corn set, but I'm thinking Nicholette, Karen,
Gah -- didn't realize what an awful picture that was until I saw it on the computer this morning.  Here's a better one:
Yellow would probably look terrific under it.  You do kind of lose the gold hexes layering over gold, but it's very festive.

I am finally getting one of my packages.  The one that shipped 10/4.  I still have two out there and soon to be three when I order the boogey man.  Why do I keep doing this to my self.

My zigzag ultimate mystery box arrived yesterday.  Wonder when the actual zigzag stickers will arrive?  Great value, and several of the items will be Christmas gifts.

Always happy to get the Freedom top coat, and was wanting to try out the Sea Salt Spray.  I've already got the dry oil spray, which clogs on me and won't spray (anybody else have that problem?).  I'm gifting Lois to my aunt for Christmas, as it's her kind of color. 

Got my mystery box yesterday also! I'm so glad I got version 1 of the big box. I only got one polish dupe from that. I also did the mystery add on, and I'm so glad I did. I can take another polish off my wish list. There was a dupe in that set, but my sister was very happy with it. So another happy mystery box customer. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Beatrix is so gorgeous. I love the iridescent sparkles. I used her as a topcoat over metallic gold. Not cleaned up yet, but wanted to share:

I did the same thing, but over Casper. I got so many compliments. If you have these two colors YOU MUST try them together. Wish I had a picture it was BEAUTIFUL!!

I got my mini zig yesterday! Sea salt spray & double step (both dupes from the big box) and then two polishes: Alice & Sylvia! Both new for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They remembered the chevron stickers this time so I'm excited to try them out.

I got Blakely & Reiko in the cosmic mystery box, they are both gorgeous but I especially love Blakely! I'm boring and will probably get Nicolette or another white since I don't have any white polishes yet. But we will see when I get my voucher :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got both in my mystery box last month. I am in love with Reiko.

Yes, mystery box arrived before I went to work!! I got a quick look and had to leave. Excited though! I got the mystery add on. But the colors I received were Lois, Zora, Karen, Sienna, and Amy. Sooo happy no dupes. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Would you believe my orders showed up today after all? Not together though. We have a new mail lady and she had to double back around with my second box. Everything was perfect until I started pulling tops off to swatch the tops. Dear husband was helping and he wants you all to know that this is HIS fingers in the picture and not mine because he doesn't want anybody to think that his wife has fingers that look like that! His words, not mine ... Macho still lives). This is FINA. It broke off at the glass while removing the cap for swatching ... second time it has happened to me with Julep, so be careful ladies when you try to pull those caps off .... Shelby in Customer Service filed my report AND swapped FINA for CASPER since it was on sale today in sets. She did ask if I could send her a picture of the bottle. I totally understand why they have to ask for this and I got if off to her right away. But if you're wondering what FINA looks like:

And here is what else I ordered: Hope Trio (Edith, Avery, and Evie), Kylie, and Marion, and across the top - Nail 911.

Sorry to hear what happened with your polish & that's sweet of your hubby to take care of you and admit its his hands.

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So cute!

Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  birthday mani :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />:  julep missy (rebel set), Julep Paris (secret store sale october), Julep Reiko (champagne trio)

That's beautiful!
birthday.gif

Back