Julep October 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  birthday mani :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />:  julep missy (rebel set), Julep Paris (secret store sale october), Julep Reiko (champagne trio)

This is great -- your nails look so HAPPY!

Enjoy your birthday!

Help us celebrate this weekend with a new forum under Nail Talk: Nail Art & Stamping:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/138524/nail-art-stamping

Thank you so much, MuT and Zadidoll for setting up this forum for us to share our artistic manicures, product reviews, how-to ideas, etc. No matter what brand you love the most, this forum is for ALL nail polish brands. The focus is strictly on the art - whether it is a new version of a French manicure, learning to stamp, or just showing off your creativity with geometry, beginning to use rhinestones and striping tape, you name it - if it is beyond a simple and elegant single polish manicure, please share it with us here also, even though you may have also shared it with a subscription group or What Polish Are You Wearing? I hope this forum reflects all the beauty that is NAIL ART!

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my mini zig yesterday! Sea salt spray & double step (both dupes from the big box) and then two polishes: Alice & Sylvia! Both new for me
smile.gif
They remembered the chevron stickers this time so I'm excited to try them out.
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but are the stickers regular stencil-type stickers, or are they polish strips? If they're polish strips that's pretty darn cool and I hope they have them as an add on sometime!  

I got my mini zig yesterday! Sea salt spray
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but are the stickers regular stencil-type stickers, or are they polish strips? If they're polish strips that's pretty darn cool and I hope they have them as an add on sometime!  
I don't know the difference. Lol. You put these on the nail, trim to size and put a top coat over. These are the first nail sticker type thing I've used so I'm not familiar with other types.

Today I received my Creepy order that I placed on Tuesday evening. For dhl standards I would consider that fast shipping! I'm happy. What I am not happy about is that I was charged $3.99 for shipping. I was definitely signed in to my maven account when I made this purchase and I definitely selected free shipping. I have shot Julep an email so hopefully they can remove that charge. The creepy set was a great deal for $9.99 and showed up with a little bonus item, I'm on my phone so can't do a spoiler right now but it was not very exciting.

Today I received my Creepy order that I placed on Tuesday evening. For dhl standards I would consider that fast shipping! I'm happy. What I am not happy about is that I was charged $3.99 for shipping. I was definitely signed in to my maven account when I made this purchase and I definitely selected free shipping. I have shot Julep an email so hopefully they can remove that charge. The creepy set was a great deal for $9.99 and showed up with a little bonus item, I'm on my phone so can't do a spoiler right now but it was not very exciting.
You're lucky! I ordered my candy corn set Tuesday morning and its still in WA :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm actually excited for the window to open tomorrow! It's been awhile since I could say that. I also have enough Jules for a free box - score!

I don't have enough Jules for a box, but I just sold some perfume oil, so I have a little more wiggle room in the budget! I'm saving my Jules up for a free box for January anyway (January baby over here! I need to do a little more digging into what non-food-related companies do birthday things since my birthdays are more than slightly lackluster, and I want *something* fun to mark the occasion). ETA: Actually, I think I *do* have enough for a free box! I'm still going to save them for January, though.

I don't know the difference. Lol. You put these on the nail, trim to size and put a top coat over. These are the first nail sticker type thing I've used so I'm not familiar with other types.
I decided to try them more as a stencil just to get the outline.  It worked okay, considering it was my first attempt.  I just don't have the patience it takes to do good nail art, but at least I attempted something different
smile.gif

I used Char, Nicolette, and Payton. For a white polish, I was impressed with Nicolette.  I just ordered Butter London's Cotton Bud, so I'll have to compare the two.

I have stickers that I can stick on the nail and paint over or use as guides to make a clean edge (chevron & french tip shapes) but are meant to be peeled off but it sounds like these are meant to be left on, so that answers my question. Thanks!  
smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I decided to try them more as a stencil just to get the outline.  It worked okay, considering it was my first attempt.  I just don't have the patience it takes to do good nail art, but at least I attempted something different
smile.gif

I used Char, Nicolette, and Payton. For a white polish, I was impressed with Nicolette.  I just ordered Butter London's Cotton Bud, so I'll have to compare the two.

Cute!

I'm supposed to be getting my Bogeyman set today! That's crazy fast shipping for Julep, IMO. I'll post a pic when it arrives

hi everyone! i've been absent forever (since august). i don't have a lot of time to come on here with my school and work schedule... i also avoid looking at too much shopping-related stuff because then i want to buy it all!

im not that impressed with the november collection but i found it nice for people who are new to polish... there are of course a few shades i like (the cocoa color in particular). i also really like the idea of a lip primer but it's not even the main beauty item and i definitely don't want gloss. i also find that julep products always feel incredibly nice but might not be the best in functioning. the makeup face primer is nicely textured but not my favorite for making my foundation last all day. anyways, i'm taking my time enjoying the september and october collections; i upgraded in september for free with joules and then picked it girl with the yellow, valerie and beatrix add-ons.

i don't know if you all saw the fire and ice butter london duos that are ulta exclusive. omg, they are gorgeous: one is metallic night blue with a blue and silvery opal flaky top coat. the other is a dark metallic red with a similar golden flaky top coat.

speaking of top coats, i am totally drooling over some of the new sephora x polishes (i.e the sparklers and explosives) as well as glittery top coats from deborah lippmann. i'm OBSESSED with glitter and be gay. across the universe rocks, too.

speaking of sephora, all that hard core no-buy saving for months has gone out the window for holiday sets. i picked up the hourglass trio of ambient powders, the tarte blush palette, the tarte liner set, and the occ lip tar set of four minis (these are so insanely nice and it's an amazing set). clearly WAY TOO MUCH MONEY went to sephora and i still want the set of 12 mini occ lip tars. 

Quote: Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  hi everyone! i've been absent forever (since august). i don't have a lot of time to come on here with my school and work schedule... i also avoid looking at too much shopping-related stuff because then i want to buy it all!

im not that impressed with the november collection but i found it nice for people who are new to polish... there are of course a few shades i like (the cocoa color in particular). i also really like the idea of a lip primer but it's not even the main beauty item and i definitely don't want gloss. i also find that julep products always feel incredibly nice but might not be the best in functioning. the makeup face primer is nicely textured but not my favorite for making my foundation last all day. anyways, i'm taking my time enjoying the september and october collections; i upgraded in september for free with joules and then picked it girl with the yellow, valerie and beatrix add-ons.

i don't know if you all saw the fire and ice butter london duos that are ulta exclusive. omg, they are gorgeous: one is metallic night blue with a blue and silvery opal flaky top coat. the other is a dark metallic red with a similar golden flaky top coat.

speaking of top coats, i am totally drooling over some of the new sephora x polishes (i.e the sparklers and explosives) as well as glittery top coats from deborah lippmann. i'm OBSESSED with glitter and be gay. across the universe rocks, too.

speaking of sephora, all that hard core no-buy saving for months has gone out the window for holiday sets. i picked up the hourglass trio of ambient powders, the tarte blush palette, the tarte liner set, and the occ lip tar set of four minis (these are so insanely nice and it's an amazing set). clearly WAY TOO MUCH MONEY went to sephora and i still want the set of 12 mini occ lip tars.
Have you tried  the hourglass trio? I have been wanting to try them but they are a bit spendy. I had no idea they put a trio out till  I read your post. I want it badly.
7b.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was wondering where you were 
icon_smile.gif
I have the Lippmann jewel heist glitters and they are gorgeous! I'm pretty sold on the new sephora polishes too but they aren't in my budget right now. I'm avoiding sephora at the moment. The holidays are always the most tempting time of year for me there. I am planning on picking up the mini lip tars in November though! I've never heard of those hourglass powders before. How do you like them?

the hourglass trio is phenomenal and i have never ever used a finishing or setting powder. i never use any type of all-over powder. the dim light and radiant light are available full size. the dim light is a good powder for all over and the radiant light is great to where you put your bronzer. the incandescent light is a really natural looking highlight. i read that these powders were designed by the hourglass person because her mom or someone was involved in light design and was influenced by the fact that people look better in certain types of light. the incandescent light is not a super strong highlight so most people will be delighted; i'm all about a strong highlight on the cheeks so this one is perfect for above the inner part of the brow and the cupid's bow of the lips. 

the dim light shade does exactly what it says- it makes your skin look ambient and glowy... it's healthy but not shiny. i was really skeptical in store but my friend also bought; swatching it previously on her hand showed that super natural glow. being limited edition and flying off the shelves, i decided to take it home and try it out. in store, the blurring efffects were immediate. there was absolutely no caking of the powder (i'm young but very conscious of the lines under my eyes and the super super fine ones on my forehead that can look worse with powder). you couldn't tell i was wearing powder with the dim light shade all over. the other two, incandescent and radiant, have shimmer in them. if you HATE any glitter whatsoever, you might want to pick up dim light.

summary: dim light is the light of my makeup routine, yours too! the trio is delicious for all over lighting types.

occ has a huge set of lip tars (12 minis) that i'm going nuts for... i hope they put out good coupons this year so i can pick it up.

also, black metal dahlia is insanely stunning... i have the regular one from the set of four minis.

i don't know where the hourglass dim light and these lip tars have been all my life. they stain without drying (unless you are really sensitive to mint oils) and feel bare.... they start with more of a lipstick sheen and feel but within an hour, your lips feel nearly bare and yet look like you're sporting a lipstick. i found that all of the shades are so suprisingly flattering on me (the four minis are memento-a definitively pink nude i can't say is warm or cool for some reason, anime-a neon pink also struggling to classify as warm or cool, nsfw- a perfectly neutral toned blood red that's not too bright, black dahlia- a 'blackened red' as they say that can appear a bit purple in some lighting and a gorgeous berry when sheered out)

My candy corn set finally arrived, so all in all it took 9 business days. That's not horrible I guess.

Whoa.  I ordered from the Julep store Nov. 1st (Fri) during their 50% sale.  It shipped Monday via DHL (I didn't pay extra for shipping) and it arrived today.  I can't believe how fast that was.  I did noticed it shipped out from Seattle though. And I'm in Seattle.

Back