Julep October 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, since were on the topic of yellows earlier, I did a sampling of all the yellows on Bon Voyage (http://www.julep.com/shop/nail-color/bon-voyage.html) because there seemed to be a LOT:

excluding golds (aka felicity and kathleen):

Abbie (IG), Alma (BS), Blake (BG), Charlie (BS), Daisy (BG), Leila (BG), Nessa (IG), Nikki (IG), and Sally (CWaT).... and debateably (that is, orangey) Nina (IG). So the tallies:

It Girl: 4

Boho Glam: 3

Bombshell: 2

CWaT: 1

Also, according to the bon voyage page, Julep is trying to retire 22 of the 28 oranges/yellows they're currently carrying. The next highest is pink/white which is 20.... but their collection currently has 33. So I'm hoping Julep has learned its lesson of over sampling oranges and yellows in their collectionss... >.>

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If they do a Disney villain theme, I would just pass out from sheer excitement.

Please, oh please!

They may go the villain route... but it wont be a Disney Villains anything for Julep.  There is a Disney Villains makeup collection by e.l.f., exclusive to Walgreens though, including a 12 piece nail polish set, 3 colors for 4 different villains (12$).  It is just starting to make its way into the stores now.

I'm so excited to see the collection after seeing Valerie! 
wub.gif

My mind is pointing in the Heroes and Villains direction -- as in superheroes and supervillains!  Nerd homecoming** starts tomorrow!  I would love it if they went all whacked-out comic book for this.  Purples, greens, latex-finishes in several colors -- they could do some fascinating things if they did this.  Glitter, saturated color, top coats, you name it.  Let your freak flag fly, Julep!  

**  Nerd homecoming is any comic book convention that is neither San Diego Comic Con nor Dragon*Con.  SDCC and D*C are nerd prom.  In my case, this weekend, it's Rose City Comic Con.  I plan on spending my vacation money on graphic novels.  And _Welcome to Night Vale_ merch of all sorts.  And maybe a tattoo, depending on what designs are available.  I am a tattoo person, but I have never gotten an "eh, what the hell, let's get some ink now!" piece.  Mine tend to be highly planned and obsessed-over.  The closest thing to spontaneous ink I've gotten is a bombshell (think Jughead from _Lost_, not Betty Page).  It was originally going to be two inches long and on my hip.  The day I went in to get it, I changed my mind as far as location went, and it ended up being more like six inches long, three inches wide, and on the back of my calf.  

They may go the villain route... but it wont be a Disney Villains anything for Julep.  There is a Disney Villains makeup collection by e.l.f., exclusive to Walgreens though, including a 12 piece nail polish set, 3 colors for 4 different villains (12$).  It is just starting to make its way into the stores now.
I've been wanting to get my hands on these! I'm not crazy ab elf, but I loving those swatches.

Their blog updated. Looks like one of their products will be a 

peeling face mask.
Unless that's been up there forever and I'm just late to notice. =oP

I agree that Valerie looks amazing! I keep telling myself I should skip October..I've been buying so many that I haven't even tried all my new polishes yet!

Is there usually a mystery box each month? Or is it just random throughout the year? I've only been with Julep since August, so the latest mystery box was my first, and I loved it. Thanks to anyone who will answer my question.

Quote: Originally Posted by sweetharlot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I agree that Valerie looks amazing! I keep telling myself I should skip October..I've been buying so many that I haven't even tried all my new polishes yet!

Is there usually a mystery box each month? Or is it just random throughout the year? I've only been with Julep since August, so the latest mystery box was my first, and I loved it. Thanks to anyone who will answer my question.

Ever since I've been a maven (about a month before Easter) there's been a mystery box every month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have been since August too, but they sent me an email about the mystery box that month as well as this month. My understanding from reading around is that if you don't skip, you are able to purchase the mystery box that month, and it is a monthly offering that always has an exclusive preview before it goes on sale. Evie in August, Estelle in September.

I am not as excited about the eye liner, but the other product this month seems interesting.

I have been since August too, but they sent me an email about the mystery box that month as well as this month. My understanding from reading around is that if you don't skip, you are able to purchase the mystery box that month, and it is a monthly offering that always has an exclusive preview before it goes on sale. Evie in August, Estelle in September.
You can purchase the mystery box even if you don't purchase your maven selection.

Quote: Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love them both! Squee!!! Can't wait to see the rest.

This is exactly how I feel!

Hmm... Unless there's a great extra-special add-on not on that list, I think I'll stick with It Girl and add Valerie, Cleopatra (although I might end up skipping this one because black is boring to me), and Stevie. I had been planning on upgrading, but the beauty products aren't compelling, and Classic with a Twist colors are *not* me. ETA: They nailed It Girl for me this month. I don't normally wear magenta on my fingers, but that teal shimmer makes it funky enough for me.

Latest posts

Back