Julep October 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE the green color.  The black is ok, it would look great with a glitter top coat though.

Sneak Peak revealed on Facebook:
LL
Omg the green is gorgeous! Reminds me of the character Evanora in the movie Oz the Great and Powerful.

Well, I have this feeling that this is going to be an upgrade month...  Its rare, but im loving those two colours already, and its rare for me to like two colours in one style profile. 
That was my exact response, down to liking both shades in the same profile.

I don't like the black (it reminds me of that "candle wax" looking polish that was trendy for a minute, except much more clean looking), but I do like the green.

maybes its sort of villan themed? i mean it is halloween, so some spin on that probably :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ladies of the night?

I will say I am excited to see new formula being introduced to us first, so props :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm not too crazy about either color, but I do love the finish of the black shade. I can't wait to see the others!

I really like both the colors. I don't know how often I would use the black though. I may actually not skip for once. The other thing is I really don't need more black or brown eyeliner. I prefer liquid because I am better at getting it on more evenly.

I do looove that teal color!

Still planning to skip unless the It Girl box is amazing, but even then I may wait and see what set(s) they offer up after like they did this past month with the trio (Tatiana, Karmen & Reece, was it?) since I have more than enough new polish at the moment. 

But we'll see how well that plan holds up once I see the full collection and the add-ons and such. I just know i have no interest in the eyeliner so I'm not jumping at the chance to get it. 

Quote: Originally Posted by superhans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ugh.. really wanted to skip this month but love both colors!

Me too!  Ugh, I'm seriously eating my words about losing interest in Julep!

Quote: Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  maybes its sort of villan themed? i mean it is halloween, so some spin on that probably :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ladies of the night?

I will say I am excited to see new formula being introduced to us first, so props :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Villain themed would be fun! I do hope they have some sort of Halloween or even fall theme, as long as it's not typical bright orange and black together.

If they do a Disney villain theme, I would just pass out from sheer excitement. Please, oh please!

Villain themed would be fun! I do hope they have some sort of Halloween or even fall theme, as long as it's not typical bright orange and black together.

the thing that's annoying, a bit, is that valerie (the teal with the glitter that's coming in the october collection and was shown in the sneak peek) has been available on sephora for a few weeks. my friend noticed it and ordered it. i think it's prettier in person but definitely hard to describe. i only saw it for a second in the bottle and it appeared less jelly-like, more cream like, perhaps a little more green than teal, but again i'm going off a split second of seeing it. i'm not wild about it. i'm definitely not wild about the latex finish black since they tend to chip anyways and i like all of my polishes to have a shine finish (unless they're sea salt) since you can always use a matte top coat or rub on a dry matte top coat to give it sheen like the latex finish.

i'm also totally not interested in liner. maybe i'll gift it to my mom if a really freaking awesome box comes.

they didn't reveal what profile the box is but i'm thinking it's boho glam and hoping it's not bombshell (my default and always the prettiest to me)

Quote: Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  the thing that's annoying, a bit, is that valerie (the teal with the glitter that's coming in the october collection and was shown in the sneak peek) has been available on sephora for a few weeks. my friend noticed it and ordered it. i think it's prettier in person but definitely hard to describe. i only saw it for a second in the bottle and it appeared less jelly-like, more cream like, perhaps a little more green than teal, but again i'm going off a split second of seeing it. i'm not wild about it. i'm definitely not wild about the latex finish black since they tend to chip anyways and i like all of my polishes to have a shine finish (unless they're sea salt) since you can always use a matte top coat or rub on a dry matte top coat to give it sheen like the latex finish.

i'm also totally not interested in liner. maybe i'll gift it to my mom if a really freaking awesome box comes.

they didn't reveal what profile the box is but i'm thinking it's boho glam and hoping it's not bombshell (my default and always the prettiest to me)

I remember a friend mentioning this to me last year about being a maven as well, that one of the benefits is supposed to be getting first access to all the products / colours. It seems now, with the uncertainty of how well the products actually perform, the uncertainly of the julep swatches, and being able to score better deals on better combos of colours you want that it's worth waiting... makes you forget why you WANT to order the box in the first place :

I think Valerie, the teal micro glitter looks just like Marion, which I just took off today.

Quote: Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I'd think it's Boho Glam too since they always seem to put teal-like colors in that box. Looking forward to the swatch of Valerie - it's always irked me a little they release new colors to Sephora first when they even say on their website that Mavens have exclusive access. Oh wells! lol

Quote: Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the black, hate the green.

lol...I'm the opposite! I love the green; wouldn't say "hate", but not a fan of the black.

I'm loving the color previews-- I wanted a green. And I like the idea of a "latex" black. I might upsize my box this month, or at least get an add-on or two.

I hope I get my Mystery Box soon though.

Back