Julep October 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updates =)

I haven't gotten a monthly Julep box in a long time but I find myself in the mood for new nail polishes recently. Gonna hold off on making purchases until I see what Julep has to offer this month!

One of the last things I need is another eyeliner. I literally just got a black pencil liner from Ipsy a few days ago that I will probably never use since I have a stash of about 20 at home. Almost every Urban Decay pallet I have ever purchased came with a 24/7 liner in Zero, and somehow I just have a large stash of eyeliners in general. I also have recently started to use liquid liner that I am liking more. If the polish colors are good I'll still get the box, but the eyeliner certainly isn't enticing to me.

KAJAL is the operative word in the eyeliner selection. I just bought Loreal's Smouldering Voluminous Eyeliner a couple of weeks ago from Beauty.com. Check out what they say about Kajal. So I won't be looking to purchase Julep's version so soon.

Hoping the other product is more to my interest ....but still looking forward to seeing the selection window. 

Looking forward to the It Girl colors being more "It Girl" than last two months! Although, since someone pointed out last month that the It Girl box is cheaper in retail value than the other boxes. In the beginning, I wanted It Girl girls, not only for the fashion-forwardness, but also because it was all nail polish.

Mainly, I hope they don't add an absolutely gorgeous color as an add-on in a blatant attempt to make more money.

And I never did get an email regarding the retiring colors ....

I may be getting a little "out of hand" with my nail polish addiction. That nice new shelf my husband bought me was filling up fast, so he decided to COUNT them ... oh, no ... he now thinks I have EXACTLY 100 bottles of polish... But my basecoats and top coats and cuticle remover and cuticle oil bottles are not on the shelf... This means I have averaged 25 bottles per month...it's all Julep's fault for all the special sales like the Warehouse Sales and the curated sets in the Secret Store ... and I did have three colors BEFORE my addiciton started ... and .... and... and.... uh-oh, I don't know if a rack was a good idea!

Well since it looks like my Bondi won't be here till October I've got a new wishlist for Julep. An emerald green jewel tone. Something just a shade or two darker than Angelina. And a dark red with silver undertones. Or a true black.

Add me to the meh-on-black-liner crowd.  I think I have a black liner in every formulation -- pencil, gel, liner -- and I just don't use them except as a base for a duochrome eyeshadow, and even that is a rarity.  If it was blackened color, I would be all over it.  Royal purple and forest green?  Pretty much my dream combination.  Black and brown?  Zzzzz.

Guise

Julep Susie is a huge lemming for me. I have absolutely no reason to want this polish because I literally have like 5 other mint colours and like it'll probably be a disappointment, but if I get the text discount it'll be $1 which is even cheaper than trading for it.

BUT. BUT I LITERALLY HAVE Zoya Neely, Essie Mint Candy Apple, OPI GGG and in a similar family BL Bossy Boots and Julep Denver which I don't even like.

Basically I just hoard mint/pale green polishes. do I need it? I feel like I don't but I want it, but I also feel like I could use that $1 to buy another colour...which I don't already have like 4 of. talk me in/out of it? ._. I'm supposed to be on a low-buy and I have enough polishes so I wouldn't get to it for a while but... $1 susie T_T

Also adding myself to the "meh" reaction to the eyeliner. I have too many black eyeliners as it is - no brown, I think, so maybe if the colors are great I'll end up using at least one end. Still I've definitely been craving some fall-like bold eyeliner colors like meaganola suggested - royal purple and forest green would've been awesome! Still it makes sense, they had to appeal to the masses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Guise

Julep Susie is a huge lemming for me. I have absolutely no reason to want this polish because I literally have like 5 other mint colours and like it'll probably be a disappointment, but if I get the text discount it'll be $1 which is even cheaper than trading for it.

BUT. BUT I LITERALLY HAVE Zoya Neely, Essie Mint Candy Apple, OPI GGG and in a similar family BL Bossy Boots and Julep Denver which I don't even like.

Basically I just hoard mint/pale green polishes. do I need it? I feel like I don't but I want it, but I also feel like I could use that $1 to buy another colour...which I don't already have like 4 of. talk me in/out of it? ._. I'm supposed to be on a low-buy and I have enough polishes so I wouldn't get to it for a while but... $1 susie T_T

Lol Kyuu! I feel like this shoulda been posted in the no/low buy thread, they'd whip you into shape. Oh wait, I'm here right now so... BACK AWAY FROM THE "ADD TO BAG" BUTTON! If you feel you really need to break your low-buy, maybe experiment and try a new color for the $1! You already know you love mint colors, so one idea might be to take a risk on a color you're not too sure about and that you don't have a similar for in your collection? 

Also I'm not sure how often you do your nails, but I probably have like 5 or 6 teal colors that I've only used once in the course of 5 months since I only do mine twice a week at most. So think about how often you'd really truly use Susie (or any new polish for that matter, but since we're not in the low buy thread, I'll go easy on you, haha!)

Tomorrow! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I honestly don't have high hopes considering I've skipped probably the last 6 months but I'm still a little excited at the small possibility of pretty colors. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> yeah, the eyeliner doesn't excite me since ive become lazy and haven't been wearing makeup. Now, if it was a lip gloss, it might be a diff story ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

While im not incredibly thrilled this months product is eyeliner, I'm happy its something ill actually use since the only thing i actually ever do is my eye makeup, my stock of black liner isn't at its all time high.

Hoping the colours are super awesome though, with some form of green :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm actually crazy about eyeliners.

Particularly black/brown.

I did just buy a MUFE eyeliner, but I'm crazy enough that I'll get the Julep one too-- if the polish colours are good.

I'm actually crazy about eyeliners. Particularly black/brown. I did just buy a MUFE eyeliner, but I'm crazy enough that I'll get the Julep one too-- if the polish colours are good.
Yay! Another eyeliner hoarder! I actually only have a couple if blacks & browns, hence my excitement for the eyeliner. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Tomorrow, tomorrow, the sun (uh, I mean the selection window) will come out tomorrow ... I know "Annie" is not "The Wizard of Oz," but wouldn't it be AMAZING if Julep offered us Mavens a chance to get the Oz Collection at Maven prices??? That would be my ultimate surprise and completely make me wait FOREVER for DHL shipping to receive THAT!!!

Sneak Peak revealed on Facebook:

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Sneak Peak revealed on Facebook:

Oooh, I like these a lot surprisingly and don't have dupes for either! But...

only thing I guess is I can't see myself wearing the black latex finish very often. And hopefully the little glitters show up in Valerie unlike the gold glitters in Bunny :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love them both! I have a feeling october will be a very expensive month... and with the whole Bondi thing, lots of nail polish to look forward to!!!

I like both of the finishes, just not necessarily these colors (not quite my style).  The background makes me think it will be some kind of glitzy/hollywood theme. If the other colors are good I think I might like this month.  The consensus on FB seems to be that this will be the boho glam profile.

I love them.  I can never have enough of those two colors.   Can't wait to see what else they have this month.

Well, I have this feeling that this is going to be an upgrade month... 

Its rare, but im loving those two colours already, and its rare for me to like two colours in one style profile. 

Back