Julep October 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't get an email.

Me neither 
icon_cry.gif

I got the email but nothing really stood out. I also got an email with a coupon for $15 off $40. It said something about enjoying my cosmic box. Oh really! You mean the box I haven't gotten yet and the shipping that hasn't moved since the 13th. I'm not digging the DHL shipping.

Quote: Originally Posted by ta78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by AshY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone seen the retired julep colors for $7.99?

http://www.julep.com/shop/nail-color/bon-voyage.html?utm_source=exacttarget&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20130917_maven-retired-colors-sale

I got an email this morning. I bought a backup of Chelsea, 2 of Vivien and Marion. I have always wanted to get Vivien but it was always OOS. Chelsea is my fave glitter and Marion is a pretty blue?

Did everyone else resist?
wink.gif

I am just about to order something. I put in my 50% off next nail color code for signing up for text messages and it brought the one nail polish to $1.08. Not sure if I want more than the one though.

Has anybody used the Matte Top Coat? I am tempted to get that one too.

I have the matte top coat and it seems ok as far as that goes. It's my only experience with a matte top coat, though. I like it ok.

I didn't order anything...staying strong on the no-buy!

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the matte top coat and it seems ok as far as that goes. It's my only experience with a matte top coat, though. I like it ok.

I didn't order anything...staying strong on the no-buy!

I followed the link that someone posted on here ... saw several older colors that were really tempting since I don't have that many fall/winter colors, but decided I didn't want to fool with the DHL hassle and besides, I have 9 Bondis coming SOON, and a Deborah Lippmann. So those will have to tide me over until the selection window opens. I'm hoping for some great choices there. I still plan on getting my sub box, but will probably back off on some of the other ordering from Julep until they straighten out their mess.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I was going through my nail polish collection & I came across this awesome fall/Halloween julep sparkle polish. It was the mystery glitter polish from a mystery box last winter- it's a perfect combo of black & rust glitter- just a reminder for those ladies who may have forgotten about this polish. Screams Fall- perfect for the upcoming season!! Mine doesn't have a name or I would post it!!

Oh I think you are talking about the New Year's box mystery glitter some people got it with a label that said Erica others had no label. It is a beautiful color and very fall appropriate.

Quote: Originally Posted by AshY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone seen the retired julep colors for $7.99?

http://www.julep.com/shop/nail-color/bon-voyage.html?utm_source=exacttarget&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20130917_maven-retired-colors-sale

I got an email this morning. I bought a backup of Chelsea, 2 of Vivien and Marion. I have always wanted to get Vivien but it was always OOS. Chelsea is my fave glitter and Marion is a pretty blue?

Did everyone else resist?
wink.gif

Heads up! I was browsing through the list of polishes and Erica is on of the polishes in the Bon Voyage sale.

Most of the retiring colors from Julep are the ones in my collection I'm trying to do away with. I would snag Lucky but $7.99 is to much knowing I can get it elsewhere cheaper and faster shipping. The beauty bio code works if anyone still has it...

here's what I got, with beauty bio code it was like $25.

Shopping bag Unit Price Qty Subtotal
erica_1.jpg

Erica

Boho Glam
Unit price: $7.99

Subtotal: $7.99

Qty: 1
$7.99 1 $7.99
candace_rf_1.jpg

Candace

It Girl
Unit price: $11.20

Subtotal: $11.20

$11.20 1 $11.20
hayden_2.jpg

Hayden

It Girl

$7.99 1 $7.99
sasha_2.jpg

Sasha

Boho Glam

$7.99 1 $7.99
georgia_3.jpg

Georgia

Boho Glam

$7.99 1 $7.99
gloria_1_2.jpg

Gloria

Bombshell

$7.99 1 $7.99

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just popped up on my 

1235521_10152222410280884_1674480248_n.jpg

http://www.julep.com/kajal-eye-glider-sharpener.html
  Not... super excited about it. Hopefully this is the other product in the Moden Beauty box and not the main product. : The colours will have to be good for me to get behind this

I completely agree.  I am not very excited about this beauty product - the colors will need to draw me in!

Quote: Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just popped up on my 

1235521_10152222410280884_1674480248_n.jpg

http://www.julep.com/kajal-eye-glider-sharpener.html
  Not... super excited about it. Hopefully this is the other product in the Moden Beauty box and not the main product. : The colours will have to be good for me to get behind this

I completely agree.  I am not very excited about this beauty product - the colors will need to draw me in!

Not feeling the beauty product.  It is beginning to look like a skip month for me.

I totally agree about the lack of "wow" from the beauty product.  I love my Urban Decay products too much, and I just bought some of their holiday sets, so no thank you, Julep!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but unless they offer some seriously amazing colors this month, I may be skipping.  I'm seriously losing interest fast.  The "extra" nail polish remover pad last month was so disappointing compared to the lip balm, hair pins, etc. that we've received in previous months, and I'm seriously frustrated with this DHL crap....my mystery box hasn't moved out of WA  and it's been almost a week! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Andi B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I totally agree about the lack of "wow" from the beauty product.  I love my Urban Decay products too much, and I just bought some of their holiday sets, so no thank you, Julep!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but unless they offer some seriously amazing colors this month, I may be skipping.  I'm seriously losing interest fast.  The "extra" nail polish remover pad last month was so disappointing compared to the lip balm, hair pins, etc. that we've received in previous months, and I'm seriously frustrated with this DHL crap....my mystery box hasn't moved out of WA  and it's been almost a week!

You know what I find funny?  Before September boxes went out they were all, "We're staying positive about the switch to DHL" with their fingers stuck in their ears to everybody's concerns.

Now all this crap is going on with shipping... where are they now?  I don't see any comments on the fiascos from them... I love how they aren't addressing any of this bull crap.  Just shoving it under the rug more, like they always do.  I guess they are still busy being positive about the changes! :p

Well, maybe I'm the lone wolf here, but I'm excited about the eyeliner. What I'm not excited about is the $19.99 price tag for it and the sharpener. I know I buy UD for the same price, but it is a new product. I'm totally willing to give it a try & I'm hoping that there will be a nail polish combo I'm into that includes the eye pencil. I love eye makeup! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, maybe I'm the lone wolf here, but I'm excited about the eyeliner. What I'm not excited about is the $19.99 price tag for it and the sharpener. I know I buy UD for the same price, but it is a new product. I'm totally willing to give it a try & I'm hoping that there will be a nail polish combo I'm into that includes the eye pencil. I love eye makeup!
smile.gif

I would be more excited if it were different colours and/or if it were a different type of eyeliner. Black/brown pencil seems about as safe as you can get. I would love to try gel. All I know is about 90% of pencil I've tried (including "high end" brands sent to us by ipsy, etc) bleed. Not looking forward to that after the fiasco that was definitely the DD creme. It's definitely given most of us a reality check on Julep's products.

I am this close to dropping Julep, but I still really like most of their polishes. I just realized a few months ago that cheap eyeliner is so not worth it. I'm not saying $20 is cheap, but Julep does tend to mark up the value of their beauty stuff, so the real value and quality might not be $20's worth.

I'm just sick of the "good" items being makeup and skincare, and the "good" polish colors being add-ons. I get that it's a way to make more money, but I'm not shelling out $20 for a box of colors I don't like just to pay $5 extra to buy one I do like. (Or $20 for a box with some eyeliner similar to so many others, plus a few ok-ish polishes.) I signed up for a nail polish subscription, so I want nail polish! I did love that last golden mystery box I got, so I wish they'd do more polish-only boxes. Every month for the past few months, the polish-only box has not been something I want.

I really, really hope the actual polish colors are good. October is an excellent month to try something different and fun. We'll see, I guess!

Not excited for eyeliner.  I have way too many black eyeliners and I just never use them.  

I am excited to see the nail colors though.  

Hmmm I finally have enough points for a free box, so I'm hoping this month will be good.  I dont need another eyeliner though and I wouldn't use a pencil style one if I did.  I really hope the other product is good but then again I still haven't even used any of the polishes or the Bare Face from last month so maybe I should take that as a sign....and I think I've only used 1 or 2 of the polishes that I got in the warehouse sale....yikes, maybe Julep just isnt exciting for me anymore
eek.gif

Help, drowning in black eyeliners as it is... Seems like every other free gift or Beauty Bar box I get has a black eyeliner. My eyelashes are pale blonde so black eyeliner often looks awkward on me (have to take forever working it into my heavily mascara'd lash line). I hope this is the Modern Beauty product. But even if not, I'll probably get it anyway. They seem to be in love with this on Facebook.

Quote: Originally Posted by autopilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  *Yawn" on the eyeliner. If the It Girl box contains yet another yellow, I am skipping again.

No more yellows!!!!!!!!!! 
iagree.gif

Back