Julep October 2014 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is saying the same thing but I do have a real card on file so I don't know what the hold up is and I really want to see the secret store!
Same here.  I had the 3 month deal, my order total is showing as 0, but I have a real card on file and couldn't access the secret store as of last night.  When I tried to cancel Julep a month or two ago, they told me I had until October 24th or something to do so.

Ah, well, wasn't going to order anything, anyway, just wanted to see what was there.

I need to use my 50% off code today (non sale items).  Any MUST HAVE colors or items (lotions, scrubs, etc) you recommend?

I went to the secret store to try and cash out my jules and it's giving me the billing error issue as well and I *know* there's nothing wrong with m y account.

Really, I don't need anymore reasons to cancel my account but they keep on giving 'em to me!

I went to the secret store to try and cash out my jules and it's giving me the billing error issue as well and I *know* there's nothing wrong with m y account.

Really, I don't need anymore reasons to cancel my account but they keep on giving 'em to me!
You can't cash out your jules in the secret store though -- only on monthly boxes and http://www.julep.com/shop/jule-box.html

But I would honestly wait until the monthly box rolls around. I took a look and the rules they want are ridiculous compared to with your box :/

okay I am going to need all of those glitters. lol   will probably only be able to afford a few of them though, but better than none! 

I can get to the secret store now.  But I notice when I log in to my account and check my order history, the total went from $0 to "processing" and it says "subscription renewal" and $79.96 before Jules, prepaid credits, blah, blah, blah.  (I chose the Dark Arts box.)

I wonder if they renewed me?  I can't check my credit card account until I get home.  Argh.  They told me to cancel by October 24.  But this looks like they are charging me for a renewal.

I can get to the secret store now.  But I notice when I log in to my account and check my order history, the total went from $0 to "processing" and it says "subscription renewal" and $79.96 before Jules, prepaid credits, blah, blah, blah.  (I chose the Dark Arts box.)

I wonder if they renewed me?  I can't check my credit card account until I get home.  Argh.  They told me to cancel by October 24.  But this looks like they are charging me for a renewal.
Did you get an email confirmation acknowledging your cancellation? You can alert your CC company if that's the case. That is really obnoxious though.

THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO!!

somehow i thought that when i bought the 3 months up front that it would then go to month to month? but its for 3 months at a time? I can't afford $86 right now and I had no idea that would happen

THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO!! somehow i thought that when i bought the 3 months up front that it would then go to month to month? but its for 3 months at a time? I can't afford $86 right now and I had no idea that would happen
I knew it would be for three months when it renewed.  But I have an e-mail from them saying to cancel by October 24.

Good news, though.  I called just now, pressed 3 for billing, got through in like 5 minutes, pleaded financial problems (which I do have, my AC repairman is coming tomorrow and I have NO IDEA how much it will be) and they canceled me and I already got the confirmation e-mail.  I don't see the charge on my CC statement, either.

So, if this is a problem for you, call ASAP.

Edit to add: I just logged into Julep.com and all the "my maven" stuff is gone and I can't get to the secret store anymore.  So they really did cancel me before enrolling me in another three months.  I think.  I'll have to watch my CC statement for a few days.  (Too bad, I wanted the Dark Arts set but I will just go buy some Sinful Colors at Target for $2 each...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew it would be for three months when it renewed.  But I have an e-mail from them saying to cancel by October 24.

Good news, though.  I called just now, pressed 3 for billing, got through in like 5 minutes, pleaded financial problems (which I do have, my AC repairman is coming tomorrow and I have NO IDEA how much it will be) and they canceled me and I already got the confirmation e-mail.  I don't see the charge on my CC statement, either.

So, if this is a problem for you, call ASAP.

Edit to add: I just logged into Julep.com and all the "my maven" stuff is gone and I can't get to the secret store anymore.  So they really did cancel me before enrolling me in another three months.  I think.  I'll have to watch my CC statement for a few days.  (Too bad, I wanted the Dark Arts set but I will just go buy some Sinful Colors at Target for $2 each...)
I actually called immediately following my comment and got through to the sweetest girl ever haha. I didn't want to cancel my subscription, I Just didn't want to pay for three months. I wanted to pay monthly (like I had wrongly assumed I would automatically be doing) and she was totally great about it. She let me pay for October and refunded the other two months, and I"ll be able to just pay month to month. The charge will go thru on my bank account it seems, but immediately after there will be a refund. As long as everything happens that she SAID will happen, I'm a happy camper. With the problems at Julep though, I'll be a little wary if it goes as smoothly as the phone call did. But i'm hopeful!

Why is it $79? Shouldn't it be $59? (Mine jumped to $79 too and I didn't order any add-ons or anything)

Mine says the same.  WTF a credit is a credit and they can't make you renew just to use the credit. I wanted to wait until the next window to decide if I wanted to renew or not and I shouldn't have to decide (and pay) this month.  

I don't want to change my non-customization skip account over to customization, so I wouldn't mind keeping this account open for the time being but I guess they'd rather have me cancel all together! 

Why is it $79? Shouldn't it be $59? (Mine jumped to $79 too and I didn't order any add-ons or anything)
I don't know.  But that's what it said.  I didn't order any add-ons either and it didn't appear to me that the Dark Arts box was any extra money (or I wouldn't have chosen it).  I wonder if they were trying to back-charge us for one of the extra months they accidentally gave us?  (I was one of the $16.97 for three months people.)  If it shows up on my credit card, I'll dispute it.  We didn't discuss that part when I called, although I'll agree that the lady I talked to was also quite nice and efficient.

I don't know.  But that's what it said.  I didn't order any add-ons either and it didn't appear to me that the Dark Arts box was any extra money (or I wouldn't have chosen it).  I wonder if they were trying to back-charge us for one of the extra months they accidentally gave us?  (I was one of the $16.97 for three months people.)  If it shows up on my credit card, I'll dispute it.  We didn't discuss that part when I called, although I'll agree that the lady I talked to was also quite nice and efficient.
Okay so Mine showed 86.95 but she said what shows on her end that I was being charged for was 65.67. So that was 19.99 + tax per box. She said that the order history will show "pre discount" which would be this month's box. So it shows 86.95 but then this month's box is a discount of 21.31 so what I will actually see on my bank statement is 65.67.

All of that is irrelevant because they are refunding me the money so I can go monthly and not three months at a time. It makes very little sense what she described to me, but I thought I'd pass it along in case it makes sense to anyone else!

Okay so Mine showed 86.95 but she said what shows on her end that I was being charged for was 65.67. So that was 19.99 + tax per box. She said that the order history will show "pre discount" which would be this month's box. So it shows 86.95 but then this month's box is a discount of 21.31 so what I will actually see on my bank statement is 65.67.
Well, you know, they could save themselves a lot of trouble by being up front about stuff.  But the explanation you gave makes sense.  They like to emphasize the Maven "discount" and all.

Bonus to canceling: I will never be tempted by a mystery box again, what with having to pay shipping on top of everything else.

I had been debating whether or not to stick with Julep.  But this business has been the deciding factor, really.  It's too bad, because I did like their polishes, but I am not particularly patient when it comes to billing errors these days -- I really don't have the money to spare right now.

All of that is irrelevant because they are refunding me the money so I can go monthly and not three months at a time. It makes very little sense what she described to me, but I thought I'd pass it along in case it makes sense to anyone else!
So are you paying for October? Or are they applying your credit?

I was in TJMaxx today and they had several Julep polishes for 3.99. I only bought Mila. They also had Marion, Sylvia, Scarlett, Kai, Gemma, and I don't remember what else. They had a lot of Opi, Essie, China Glaze, and Ciate. I am excited about Mila!

I was in TJMaxx today and they had several Julep polishes for 3.99. I only bought Mila. They also had Marion, Sylvia, Scarlett, Kai, Gemma, and I don't remember what else. They had a lot of Opi, Essie, China Glaze, and Ciate. I am excited about Mila!
Ooh, I'll have to check there -- it never even occurred to me.  (Well, maybe I shoul wait to see the AC repair bill first...)

Back