Julep September 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kind of feeling Lupita but I have a feeling it's going to be in the same color family as Zoya Veronica, and I'm also pretty sure I have a similar color in Nails Inc Picadilly Circus. I also really love the idea of Quinn because purple but I don't really care for satin

---but the main thing is i really like the names of both polishes because I'm a loser, and that seems like the worst reason to buy polishes if they're not your name. XD

ghhhhhhu I wonder what will be in the modern maven box. If it's just the primer and one of the lippies that's going to be a huge ripoff. I'm really wanting a cobalt blue lately too.
It's just the primer and the aurora pink crayon :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm kind of feeling Lupita but I have a feeling it's going to be in the same color family as Zoya Veronica, and I'm also pretty sure I have a similar color in Nails Inc Picadilly Circus. I also really love the idea of Quinn because purple but I don't really care for satin

---but the main thing is i really like the names of both polishes because I'm a loser, and that seems like the worst reason to buy polishes if they're not your name. XD

ghhhhhhu I wonder what will be in the modern maven box. If it's just the primer and one of the lippies that's going to be a huge ripoff. I'm really wanting a cobalt blue lately too.
I think their names are getting to be so weird.  I can think of awesome names, that they haven't even used yet.  

After last month this month looks kinda disapointing. I have one month left on my 3 month sub. I think I'll try to customize for Mary Lee, Kirby and Mahima.

Because of the shipping errors this month, I now have 4750 Jules. Once my prepaid sub runs out, I'll have two months worth of free boxes.

After last month this month looks kinda disapointing. I have one month left on my 3 month sub. I think I'll try to customize for Mary Lee, Kirby and Mahima.

Because of the shipping errors this month, I now have 4750 Jules. Once my prepaid sub runs out, I'll have two months worth of free boxes.
at 4500 points to you should have enough Jules for a a complete polish upgrade. of course you might like the products or maybe you won't like an entire polish collection but just an FYI

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not sure it will work like that? Did you speak to anyone at Julep? I also did the special 3 month sub, and assuming September is in fact our 3rd month...come October I believe they would bill us regular price for a 3 month subscription because that's what we had? Maybe I'm super confused! Just thinking ahead for myself...I am currently short on Jules to buy a Maven Box. I will have the right amount after taking this next box. So...I wonder if I can change to a monthly subscription, pay for the next month's box (October) and use my jules for an additional box that month. You have to be an active Maven to use your jules...and I don't plan on keeping this sub.  

Anyone clarify for me? Sorry if I sound as confusing as I am...........

I remember reading somewhere that you can call Julep and have them put you on a month to month sub. It has to be done before you get billed for the next 3 months. Hopefully it's true.

hmm? like what? what do you think is weird and what named have they not used yet you think would be good?
I thought last month's (well August) names were different, (just names I've never heard of) and September has some different names.  Not to be a dork, but we haven't seen Aria or Spencer (Pretty Little Liars) haha Is there an Aubrey or Elizabeth yet?  I don't know, I would have to browse through names, and come up with a bunch more that we have not seen.  But off the top of my head, those are ones I have not seen.  

I'm not sure it will work like that? Did you speak to anyone at Julep? I also did the special 3 month sub, and assuming September is in fact our 3rd month...come October I believe they would bill us regular price for a 3 month subscription because that's what we had? Maybe I'm super confused! Just thinking ahead for myself...I am currently short on Jules to buy a Maven Box. I will have the right amount after taking this next box. So...I wonder if I can change to a monthly subscription, pay for the next month's box (October) and use my jules for an additional box that month. You have to be an active Maven to use your jules...and I don't plan on keeping this sub.  

Anyone clarify for me? Sorry if I sound as confusing as I am...........
I remember reading somewhere that you can call Julep and have them put you on a month to month sub. It has to be done before you get billed for the next 3 months. Hopefully it's true.
Yeah, from what I've heard you have to call and switch to a monthly sub, then you can use Jules.

I thought last month's (well August) names were different, (just names I've never heard of) and September has some different names.  Not to be a dork, but we haven't seen Aria or Spencer (Pretty Little Liars) haha Is there an Aubrey or Elizabeth yet?  I don't know, I would have to browse through names, and come up with a bunch more that we have not seen.  But off the top of my head, those are ones I have not seen.  
What you mean like Avni, which is a name of both Indian and Jewish origin? Waleska is a Polish name, Tazeen has Islamic origins, and Sushmita, Kirti, and Neha both are all common Hindi names. Actually, Neha is a more popular name than Aria, even in the US. I roomed with a girl named Tanziya, Nuala, and Zeinab in college (and one of them is even white!) Or are their names too weird to deserve polishes?

Believe it or not, 'Murica isn't the center of the world, and considering the collection is called "Wanderlust" I think it was rather nice of Julep to give some foreign names some love. I don't see why we have to go through every go through every flatbread name in the world before getting to the interesting, excuse me, non-western ones.

And yes, a quick google search reveals Julep had an Elizabeth in Feb 2012, which was retired. Julep still also has Liz; or do we need to repeat every version of Elizabeth before we can name a polish "Nuala"

Wow! Anyways.... Lol I got my extra Jules. I like the idea of the lip pencils. I just wish they were more colors to choose from. I am hoping for something interesting.

I'm still waiting for a julep polish with my name which is Shauna... I'm not holding my breathe though... When I was little, all my friends had barrettes, notepads, magnets, etc with their names.. I would always get excited & look but I never have any luck..

I'm pretty excited about seeing names from different parts of the world! I'm Hispanic, so the closest I ever get to finding my name (Lorena) is either Lauren or Laura... Lol now it looks like maybe I have a chance some day!

I haven't decided if I want Bombshell, It Girl, or if I'll skip. 

Hmm, I'm not too sure how I feel about this collection. The only colors I am interested in are Fifi and Erin. I'm pretty sure I already have Julep dupes of both so probably shouldn't pick up either. I'm kinda interested in the lip crayons, these are the first non-polish product I have liked the look of in months (probably close to a year).

I'm looking forward to seeing all the options for customization. Sometimes we can swap in older products and polishes which might work for me. Or maybe I'll get 2 lip crayons and a polish. I just received my August Maven box last week so I don't feel too much of a need to take a box this month. There just doesn't seem to be anything overly special about this collection to me. That been said, I'm looking forward to checking it out tomorrow and hope I change my mind and love it.

This collection is really not doing it for me. Nothing really that I want other than maybe the magenta or aurora pink lip crayon. I'd so much rather save my last jules for October since it's my birthday month. Also a little wary of ordering the same month that I'm moving when their shipping record has not been great as of late. Wonder if they'd let me skip for that reason... 

Also, the primer is currently available as an add-on on the website for $6.99, and some of the discount codes will work on it, such as julepperk, for another 30% off. So, for anyone who really wants the primer, you may be better off finding something else to buy in the store (sorry, enabler :) ) and then getting the primer for $5 (or, maybe better?), and getting another product or polish in its stead in your box that would have cost more.

I'm definitely skipping as soon as I get to work. (As a side note, I just upgraded to iOS 7 and got the app, and it still thinks I have a day to wait before the window opens.)

I'm definitely skipping as soon as I get to work. (As a side note, I just upgraded to iOS 7 and got the app, and it still thinks I have a day to wait before the window opens.)
I thought I was the only one who had that weird glitch...and to think the app had an update the other day. <_<

Back