Julep September 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, with all respect to those of you who like the box, this is unbelievable to me (not that you like it,but that IMO Julep is doing the same things). Yet again, near dupes of most all the colors are already available THROUGH JULEP, and this is a plethora of cremes. The only two colors that are remotely unique are the gold one (sorry, I don't even care enough to go look up the name) and Ana, which of course is only available as an add-on. I will give them credit for incorporating some stains (at least that's branching out), but since I don't like stains, that's not going to do it for me. Thanks for nothing Julep.  See you next month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also did the skip button change AGAIN??? I feel like this is different than last month.  At this point I don't even care what obscure place they put it, I just want them to commit and leave it there instead ofmaking us go on a grand adventure every month to find it.

Also did the skip button change AGAIN??? I feel like this is different than last month. At this point I don't even care what obscure place they put it, I just want them to commit and leave it there instead ofmaking us go on a grand adventure every month to find it.
They moved it last month, and it's the same place it was then: Part of the drop-down under "What would you like to do with your box?" Then you have to click the tiny aqua Skip It text, not the big fuchsia box.

Aaand... Skipped.

I'm thinking of taking a box this month.  The Boho Glam box is looking pretty good to me.  I have a gray color similar to Erin, but it's old & I'm thinking I'll just toss it.   I really don't need any nail polish or lip products, but they are my favorite items to buy & I don't know if I can resist.

Thanks to the "growing pains" I have enough jules for a free box. I love satins, those and stardust are my fave, and would love to try the fall colored ones, but do I $7 add on price love them... I'm not so sure :-(

As for names of polishes, my name is Hawaiian and my mom's is korean, I would love to see more Hawaiian or korean names on polishes but doubt that would happen. Wouldn't appeal to the masses

The only two colors that are remotely unique are the gold one (sorry, I don't even care enough to go look up the name) and Ana, which of course is only available as an add-on.
I went ahead and took a box since it was free.  I am underwhelmed for the most part.  I got out my color-coded Julep white-lacquer boxes to match the dupes - some had two!  But Lupita will be a good Oklahoma Sooners football red this fall, and I think Quinn will be just different enough from Iona that it won't bug me.

I really wanted Ana though.  It is a first cousin to Butter London's Doily that I've wanted forever - I hope it's at least a respectable clone-attempt on:

xhKHfNF.jpg

And . . . well . . . bleh.  Still haven't got my August box.....have no idea what I'm in for there.  I swear, the one and only time in a full year of membership (I just got my anniversary Jules) that I actually took the polish upgrade, and who knows how many I'll actually end up with.  That'll teach me!

Does anyone know how many jules it is for the customizable "my maven" box?  I know the normal box is 2000 jules but I'm thinking about trying the customizable but I definitely want to use my jules... their totally burning a hole in my pocket..lol!   Thanks in advance ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I thought last month's (well August) names were different, (just names I've never heard of) and September has some different names.  Not to be a dork, but we haven't seen Aria or Spencer (Pretty Little Liars) haha Is there an Aubrey or Elizabeth yet?  I don't know, I would have to browse through names, and come up with a bunch more that we have not seen.  But off the top of my head, those are ones I have not seen.  
I do like how they are branching out with non-Western names, but I would also like to see a PLL collection of names as well. Love that show! 

I had a credit for the box so I went with Kirby, Mahima and the konjac sponge.  I am pretty sure I have a dupe (or several) for Mahima but I couldn't think of what it was.  I will probably use my free polish code on Ana if they open the secret store before the 31st. 

My box is probably one of the lowest value combinations possible but oh well.  The girl on the go box is a really good deal if you like those products.

Skipped again. Once again I'm looking at the colors for this month and I have them all between my existing Juleps and Zoyas.

Once again, if you're a new Maven this is a great collection, but if you've been around more than 6 months, this is a snoozefest of dupes with new names. I feel like that as a long-time Maven that I'm no longer their preferred demographic and that they're primarily going after the "quick buck" with new subscribers (and reading the comments on their blog "we screwed up" post about people being "accidentally" unsubscribed by Julep CS is not sitting well with me right now.)

A warning to the Ladies who got the $16 3 month deal

Noticed that my window said I still had another month after this prepaid month(Sep), which I thought was weird...because I had called last month to check and make sure how many boxes I had left...which I was told September would be my last prepaid box. So I was told...

June(welcome box)

(July prepaid)

(August prepaid)

(September prepaid)

SO naturally I called back in to double check.....

Was told nope the last person I talked to must have been confused...I had no more prepaid boxes left and would be charged for September...

Yup told her to cancel and I was pretty upset I'd be losing 1650 jules because I wasn't aware I should have spent them LAST month......o well. I like zoya and rainbow honey better anyway

Definitely feel like all the colors are dupes of what I already have. And I need another lip product like I need a hole in my head. I was able to skip with my phone which wasn't doable in the past, so that's something.

For those of you with the special 3 month sub--

What did your page say when you logged in. I got another "you have 1 more prepaid month remaining after this one" msg (can't remember the exact wording), but that was the same thing it said LAST month! Ugh. what to do? I don't want to be charged, and my confidence in getting a clear response from Julep before the window closes is quite low. You can't even call and reach anyone now..they just divert to voicemail.

Also aggravated about my Jules situation. Did anyone get Jules yet for using the app? Did the jules prices change any? I hadn't been paying attention, but I was dismayed to see 950 Jules to add-on a current polish--for 2000 you can get a whole box! HUH? Of course I am short by an annoying amount. I have 1650, and really wanted a mini trio (which would be 1000), leaving me will 650 which isn't enough for anything. Right now I'm looking at 2 add-on polishs for 750/each.

Not really thrilled with this collection at all. Very bummed that I can't swap out anything in my box for "Ana", the featured Add-on. That's the polish I want.

Oh decisions and frustrations....

A warning to the Ladies who got the $16 3 month deal

Noticed that my window said I still had another month after this prepaid month(Sep), which I thought was weird...because I had called last month to check and make sure how many boxes I had left...which I was told September would be my last prepaid box. So I was told...

June(welcome box)

(July prepaid)

(August prepaid)

(September prepaid)

SO naturally I called back in to double check.....

Was told nope the last person I talked to must have been confused...I had no more prepaid boxes left and would be charged for September...

Yup told her to cancel and I was pretty upset I'd be losing 1650 jules because I wasn't aware I should have spent them LAST month......o well. I like zoya and rainbow honey better anyway
Weird, mine says this box is already paid for.  I changed my card last month to an empty Visa gift card just in case they try to charge me this month.

You could always use your Jules in the Jule box section, although it is really slim pickens there (and everything is based on retail prices).

Ok is it just me or is it at LEAST the third time Julep has had a greenish color and gold color in their It Girl box?   February, June and now September boxes all have green and gold colors for It Girl.   Sort of annoying.  I like that they did more fall colors and a couple of Satin finishes for Fall though.  I cannot WAIT another month, for the October reveal.  I am dying for a Halloween theme.  Dying.  
I guess they did research and found that most "IT Girls" are Green Bay Packers and Oakland A's fans?? LOL

I skipped for the first time since January. I only want 1 polish from the collection (Fifi). I have the customizable option and when I had swapped in the lip crayon of my choice and Fifi all of the swap in options went away except for other polishes in this collection. The only other polish I am slightly interested in is Erin but I think Winter is a dupe so I'm not going to do it. Sad when I can't even find 2 polishes from the collection that I want.

I have one more prepaid box and enough Jules for 2 free boxes but I still can't justify pulling the trigger on this.

Not really thrilled with this collection at all. Very bummed that I can't swap out anything in my box for "Ana", the featured Add-on. That's the polish I want.

Oh decisions and frustrations....
Just as a quick heads up on those who just wanted Ana, Sephora has an Xplosive Top Coat that looks like it might fit the bill - it's under the Xplosives Top Coats called Wham!

For those of you with the special 3 month sub--

What did your page say when you logged in. I got another "you have 1 more prepaid month remaining after this one" msg (can't remember the exact wording), but that was the same thing it said LAST month! Ugh. what to do? I don't want to be charged, and my confidence in getting a clear response from Julep before the window closes is quite low. You can't even call and reach anyone now..they just divert to voicemail.
Mine says the same, and same thing according to other people on FB. I don't think we will be charged this month, but I do think that 'extra' credit will be gone next month.  I'm can't tell from the FAQ what day of the month they will try to renew our subs so I plan to cancel once I receive my shipping email.  I'm going to try to cancel via email so I want to have as much time as possible since they take forever to respond.  I don't really care about losing the Jules I have because it's not worth the hassle to try to use them on a non-skip account.

Weird, mine says this box is already paid for.  I changed my card last month to an empty Visa gift card just in case they try to charge me this month.

You could always use your Jules in the Jule box section, although it is really slim pickens there (and everything is based on retail prices).
yup, my window said mine was prepaid for too.........so much for that  <_<

and yah....thought about the Jule box section after the fact, no more Jules.  :lol:

Back