Julep September 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Info for those of y'all looking to use your Jules for your box. If you're at the end of your prepaid sub (those of us who started in June will be up for renewal this month) and want to use your Jules for your box, looks like you'll need to call in and have them switch your sub from a prepaid 3 month sub that auto renews to a month to month plan so that you can use your Jules. I waited over an hour on hold to get that answer from a CS rep who is working their first maven window... What a mess!

Seem so ridiculous that Julep can't give a clear answer about the situation-

Does the Welcome Box count as a month of our 3 month subscription? YES OR NO??

Why are people getting different answers? And you can't trust their system, telling us we still have another month left when we all know we surely don't.

Looks like I will just have to send an email to cancel and hope they confirm before the window ends? I do not want to be billed for a 3 month subscription. Wish I had used my jules earlier. Oh well.... (I do know that it was a ridiculous deal to begin with, and would have been okay if they cancelled it outright). I just am aggravated at the poor customer service and communication. They are falling apart and I don't know why anyone would want to deal with their drama. I feel bad people didn't even get what they ordered last month! Crazy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, the colors are okay this month. Nothing wows me, but it's definitely not worth using my single skip on, so I took the Bombshell box with the red lip crayon, Mary Lee, Ryan, Ana, and two color fans. Obvious I like satins, huh? (I kinda really like being able to have six add-ons now.)

Plus taking a box means I'll have enough Jules to get me a free polish upgrade next time there's a collection I looooooove. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What you mean like Avni, which is a name of both Indian and Jewish origin? Waleska is a Polish name, Tazeen has Islamic origins, and Sushmita, Kirti, and Neha both are all common Hindi names. Actually, Neha is a more popular name than Aria, even in the US. I roomed with a girl named Tanziya, Nuala, and Zeinab in college (and one of them is even white!) Or are their names too weird to deserve polishes?

Believe it or not, 'Murica isn't the center of the world, and considering the collection is called "Wanderlust" I think it was rather nice of Julep to give some foreign names some love. I don't see why we have to go through every go through every flatbread name in the world before getting to the interesting, excuse me, non-western ones.

And yes, a quick google search reveals Julep had an Elizabeth in Feb 2012, which was retired. Julep still also has Liz; or do we need to repeat every version of Elizabeth before we can name a polish "Nuala"
You know, you are right.  I hope I didn't offend anyone, as I wasn't trying to be inconsiderate of others.  I think that is a rather thoughtful idea of Julep.  I should start looking up these names instead of calling them weird.  

gahhhh! julep!  Drive me crazy.  For the last couple of months- I noticed that the current month's collection were add-on priced at $6.99 and then previous month would also be available as an add-ons, but at $4.99... so last month, I did the full polish lover upgrade (really loved all the shimmers/glitters in wanderlust) but i thought... eh, I'll wait to add on Sushmita till this month when I can snag her at 4.99, since I've already spent so much upgrading.... and of course! Julep doesn't offer any wanderlust polishes to add on this month..  :soap:     damnit!  should have just grabbed her last month. 

I'm really not crazy about this month- the some of the colors are nice but creams are so boring to me! I thought well maybe I'll get some of the silk polishes, I do like that finish- but I just looked closer, it's satins not silks.  Ugh!  I think Im going to end up skipping and hope that Oct is awesome- it was last year, the rebel set was the only other time I did a full upgrade (besides the wanderlust). 

After hemming and hawing, I decided against this month. I do want the lippies but I was organizing my lippies lately and holy crap I have so many. I keep picking them up without understanding how many I have.

I do like Lupita, but I've got a lot of reds. Since I only feel like I can hoard one color variation (lol dark purple u___u) I think I'm going to pass for now. The thing about Julep is that almost everything is on sale for a better price sooner or later.

I hate you Julep! You are so shady!

Did anyone else notice the change (that must have occurred within the past day or so) that you CANNOT cancel by email now. They changed it back to having to call CS. Are you kidding me?

gahhhh! julep!  Drive me crazy.  For the last couple of months- I noticed that the current month's collection were add-on priced at $6.99 and then previous month would also be available as an add-ons, but at $4.99... so last month, I did the full polish lover upgrade (really loved all the shimmers/glitters in wanderlust) but i thought... eh, I'll wait to add on Sushmita till this month when I can snag her at 4.99, since I've already spent so much upgrading.... and of course! Julep doesn't offer any wanderlust polishes to add on this month..  :soap:     damnit!  should have just grabbed her last month. 

I'm really not crazy about this month- the some of the colors are nice but creams are so boring to me! I thought well maybe I'll get some of the silk polishes, I do like that finish- but I just looked closer, it's satins not silks.  Ugh!  I think Im going to end up skipping and hope that Oct is awesome- it was last year, the rebel set was the only other time I did a full upgrade (besides the wanderlust). 
I think they were saying that they were totally sold out of the Wanderlust collection, that's why they didn't put them as add on options for this month. Sucks, 'cause those were some amazing polishes! 

Mine is saying it's more money than it should be.

I took the $20 Classic With A Twist box. Then used Jules for Ryan (What caused me to buy this month! It's my online alias!!!), added on Mahima or whatever it's called for $6.99 and added on Queen Anne for $4.99.

Yet, it's still telling me that my order is almost $39. It does say before jules though. But, I've got to make sure it corrects itself. It will won't it? I'm on a budget.

*I didn't take It Girl with Ryan and Mahima in it because I freaking hate that pink. Then again. More polish. Same price. Hmm. But, I wanted the lipstick.

Mine is saying it's more money than it should be.

I took the $20 Classic With A Twist box. Then used Jules for Ryan (What caused me to buy this month! It's my online alias!!!), added on Mahima or whatever it's called for $6.99 and added on Queen Anne for $4.99.

Yet, it's still telling me that my order is almost $39. It does say before jules though. But, I've got to make sure it corrects itself. It will won't it? I'm on a budget.

*I didn't take It Girl with Ryan and Mahima in it because I freaking hate that pink. Then again. More polish. Same price. Hmm. But, I wanted the lipstick.
The problem is that they give you a total that is BEFORE they apply pre-paid boxes, Jules, etc.  I hate that they handle it this way.

But -- if it's any reassurance -- I have always ended up being charged the correct amount.  I just wish they'd go back to showing us the amount they are actually going to bill us!

ETA:  And somehow, I've ended up with 7 polishes.  But 3 were (supposedly) part of the 3 month deal that I can't skip on, and I've got enough Jules to pay for 3 add-ons, so I'm only actually paying for 1 polish add-on.  I got:  Erin, Mary Lee and swapped in Kirby for the lippie.  Then I added on Quinn, Mahima, Ryan and Ana.  We'll see what happens, but I printed out the page that say that the monthly box has been paid for.  Given all the trouble they've had recently, I think they'd have a lot more on their hands if they tried to charge people for it when it clearly says it's already paid for!

I'm probably gonna have to call them to make sure they don't mess it up. Either that or just skip. I can't afford to take the chance.

ETA: What actually happened last month to cause all the refunds? I haven't been around.

I'm glad I'm not the only one totally confused about the $18 3 month deal.

When I emailed to cancel the rep said she couldn't do it because I had two months left and the program wouldn't even let her do it.  She told me to cancel in October before the 24th or call to switch it to a month to month to get a free box with Jules.

When I logged in today, my account said September was paid for and I had one month remaining which goes along with what the CS rep said.  

But I think I will follow @@Lolo22's advice and put an empty card in as a replacement to make sure they don't charge me when I don't want them to.

I went with Modern Beauty this month and swapped out that stupid primer for the nude crayon instead. I already have too many lippies and I'm on a no-buy, but I love lip crayons especially and it's free with Jules. And anyway, those crayons are TINY--.07 oz!--so it should be easy to use em up quick, right? Kinda glad I hated or had dupes for the polish colors, as I need nail polish even less than lip crayons.

Edit because I was wrong, I thought you could see how much your box was after Jules by going to order history but tis not so. Boo.

Nope. It just tells you before Jules. It used to work the other way though. And, I'm pissed that they are doing it this way now.

I'm glad I'm not the only one totally confused about the $18 3 month deal.

When I emailed to cancel the rep said she couldn't do it because I had two months left and the program wouldn't even let her do it.  She told me to cancel in October before the 24th or call to switch it to a month to month to get a free box with Jules.

When I logged in today, my account said September was paid for and I had one month remaining which goes along with what the CS rep said.  

But I think I will follow @@Lolo22's advice and put an empty card in as a replacement to make sure they don't charge me when I don't want them to.
I hate how they are so inconsistent :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> A few others have been posting about this in Julep Swap and those that have called to ask were told that they're covered for this month... so I feel safe enough about the credit for this month.  I also took a screenshot just in case.

Really annoying that they stopped their email cancellation test now though.  Hopefully it was successful for them and will be implemented permanently or added to our account pages.  There is a lot of SIMPLE things they could automate for us that would alleviate calls to the CS line (cancellations, billing updates, subtotals, etc.).

So I have that 3 month deal too. I paid using a gift card so they don't have any cc info! My account says I have one more month after this box so we shall see what happens. I'm just trying to figure out how I can spend my Jules as I can't use them for a box that has already been paid for and I can't add on any add-ons without inputting a credit card.

I've got this itch in my head that -- at some point -- we got a notice from Julep that they were extending the subs by a month for some reason or other (likely a shipping delay!)  Anyone remember anything about that?

what's the difference between silk and satin finish?  i like the silk finishes too.  maybe this is a skip month for me...

I went to try the upgrade box and applied jules.  i remember being able to use jules for the base box amount, and then payment for the additionals if you don't have enough jules to cover.  since i didn't have enough jules to cover the base box (2000 jules for a $19.99 box) + the polish upgrade (+$25, no jules info provided), the jules then applied to my add-ons (950 jules for a $6.99 polish).  which is short changing a bit, like $2.50/250 jules each add-on.

weren't we able to choose what we applied jules on?  or am i remembering funky...

anyways, i hope it's just a bug and gets fixed, because i liked being able to use jules just for the box and not add-ons.

Back