Let's Get Fit Together!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really hoping I am in better health come April 1 so I can start my running program. If not, I may go out anyways and just do a fast walk. Something to get moving.

I've also looked into a Zumba class near my house and seriously thinking of joining for the summer. I'm terrified I am going to make an ass out of myself but you only live once right? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm really hoping I am in better health come April 1 so I can start my running program. If not, I may go out anyways and just do a fast walk. Something to get moving.

I've also looked into a Zumba class near my house and seriously thinking of joining for the summer. I'm terrified I am going to make an ass out of myself but you only live once right? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

you only live once and everyone else looks just as dumb! Its so fun! 

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm also sick, fibromyalgia, so that makes it really hard for me.  Exercising = helps with fibromyalgia - fibromyalgia = makes exercising hard, it's a desperate cycle.  But one that I'm determined to break!  With your help.  We can do it.  Thanks for thinking up the idea, I'm definitely on board.  Let's go!

My mom has fibromyalgia and she lifts small amounts of weights, walks, and does acupuncture - all of this or the combination of a few things has really helped her manage her pain.

Good luck and keep us posted on your daily progress.

Im looking to start the Insanty program since I cant get to the gym at any time.  I figure it might give me the extra boost I need to shed the weight.

How's everyone doing today?

It's my off day, but I think I'll try and do abs tonight.

Thursdays my meal plan is great: 1 cup of fruit, 20 fl oz of water and then for lunch is another 20 oz of water with a bowl of egg drop soup.

It's every other day of the week that it gets hard cause I am at home and its so much easier to just not eat (a really bad habit I have) or run to Sonic/Whataburger. :/

You should eat more protein for breakfast. I usually have a couple eggs or peanut butter. Lol, my doctor recommended that I put peanut butter on my waffles. Sounds weird, but it's really good.

I was eating greek yogurt for a while but eating the same thing over and over again leads to food burn out.

I walked around the mall for an hour today.. The mall opens at 9, so I figured Sephora would be open at 9 as well, but they didn't open until 10. I didn't feel like driving the 5 minutes home so I just walked alongside other mall walkers. That counts, right?

Mall walking totally counts. I was at the Mall at 10:30 did My Sephora shopping and then waited around til 11:30 for a giveaway drawing at Sephora. I walked with the Mall Walkers while I was waiting for the drawing. I didn't win the giveaway prize but at least I got in some exercise.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You should eat more protein for breakfast. I usually have a couple eggs or peanut butter. Lol, my doctor recommended that I put peanut butter on my waffles. Sounds weird, but it's really good.

I was eating greek yogurt for a while but eating the same thing over and over again leads to food burn out.

I walked around the mall for an hour today.. The mall opens at 9, so I figured Sephora would be open at 9 as well, but they didn't open until 10. I didn't feel like driving the 5 minutes home so I just walked alongside other mall walkers. That counts, right?

I have an appointment with a personal trainer tomorrow to go over stretching. I can't touch my toes. Heck, I can't even sit at a 90 degree angle with my legs straight on the floor! I'm ridiculously inflexible.

Aw, thanks for the encouragement.  It's great to know that someone understands what I'm going through.  I'd love to try acupuncture, I really think it could help, but our acupuncturist moved off the island.  Hoping for a new one to move in, that would be great.  The small weights thing is a great idea too, I'm a tiny bit afraid of bulking up, because I tend to bulk up and build big muscles in my arms, which along with being busty makes me look/feel even bulkier than I am.  But if I combine it with cardio, I think I should be okay.  I'm doing walking on my treadmill and going to incorporate Wii Fit and other Wii games, love the dancing ones!  I laugh my butt off at myself and do it with the curtains drawn.  I'd love to try a Zumba dvd, so that I can see just how hard or crazy it's going to be!  I also have the bad habit of just skipping eating because I'm not hungry, but I really think that throws my metabolism off and isn't good for me.  I'm trying to at least eat a banana, a protein shake or eggs in the morning.  Or even just a natural protein bar with oats.  Just something to start up the metabolism.  I think if I keep it up it can only do good things for me in the long run.  I'd love for it to help manage my pain.  You give me hope. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My mom has fibromyalgia and she lifts small amounts of weights, walks, and does acupuncture - all of this or the combination of a few things has really helped her manage her pain.

Good luck and keep us posted on your daily progress.

We're getting a gym membership. I don't run outdoors since I can't stand the sun (my kids joke that I'm a vampire).

BTW - this topic title always makes me think of this song...

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We're getting a gym membership. I don't run outdoors since I can't stand the sun (my kids joke that I'm a vampire).

BTW - this topic title always makes me think of this song...
I spent over $300 in the past 2 years on a gym membership that I used once, maybe twice. As much as I hate being outside, I can't be in a gym. I don't know what it is but it saps any motivation I have out. I just go early in the am or late in the evening (I do live in Texas after all, being outside mid day during the summer is suicide or crazy).

I find that I actually really like working out in gyms- I just never have the time to get to one!

It's so much easier for me to work out at home.

Lately, I've been exercising right when I wake up in the morning.

It's difficult sometimes, but it's a good start to the day, and I can't make excuses later!

Yay, other vampires!  I feel so bad, because people are usually saying, "Oh, just go for a walk on the beach, I'd love to do that" and I'm thinking, "Yeah, but do you know how HOT it is on the beach?"  I know the point is to work up a sweat, but sunspots and feeling weak from the intensity of the sun isn't a motivator for me to get outside more and exercise, it'll just cause more excuses on my part.  I can't stand the sun, either, I'm always covered up.  I have an actual sun sensitivity but I always thought it was just me generally hating the intense sun and that is what made me avoid it.  As long as I can be in the shade, I love being outside on a sunny day.  But to exercise in it?  I suppose I could carry a parasol . . . . um, no.

Thanks a lot for sharing about the song stuck in your head.  It is now firmly lodged in mine.  It's so dang catchy!  Almost as bad as "It's A Small World".

There are always the malls, those are great for working out especially if they have stairs.

I went to my trainer appointment today. She showed me all these cool stretches, and then did some "partner stretches" with me. I died. Then I did some cardio and baby weights.

I left my paper she wrote the stretches on in my folder though. I might go get it tonight or tomorrow. If I go tomorrow, I'll do more cardio at least.

I went to my trainer appointment today. She showed me all these cool stretches, and then did some "partner stretches" with me. I died. Then I did some cardio and baby weights.

I left my paper she wrote the stretches on in my folder though. I might go get it tonight or tomorrow. When I go tomorrow, I'll do more cardio at least.

Fixed that for you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ME TOO. I have a yoga video that's called 'yoga for inflexible people' that I bought after I went to a real yoga class and could barely do any of the stuff because I need to work on my stretching. After I bought it, it's been sitting on my shelf ever since. Guess it's time to dust it off lol!

I have an appointment with a personal trainer tomorrow to go over stretching. I can't touch my toes. Heck, I can't even sit at a 90 degree angle with my legs straight on the floor! I'm ridiculously inflexible.

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i vow to start Couch to 5k on Monday, who's with me????!!!!

I say this every monday. I think I need to do it after work instead of trying to do it at 6 AM.

Back