Little Lace Box July Serendipity/August Box *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody know which of those choices might be cat friendly? I'd hate to get something that kills my cats (which is why I typically avoid flowers!). I might just get some roses to play it safe!
I'm getting roses just to be safe. My cat is old and can't get on the counter, but I figure better safe than sorry.

And DEFINATELY no lilies!!

Just tried the Shea butter in lolabambooza, and it's divine!! Love it, love the scent, love the whipped consistency!! To be fair, I received the box, I wasn't in love.. I have too much perfume, cream.. Flowers are a really nice touch, was real happy about it, but it always make me sad when they die, and the vase, although really cute, is too teeny and doesn't fit with my style.. Loved the Serenity items so much! So anyway, I put all items for swap, confident someone else would appreciate more than me and I did successful swaps right off the bat, which proves that the items are well covered, just not my style that month.. But, when I saw nobody requested the Shea butter, I tried it and I'm in love!! Will definitely buy more, and try to swap for extra ones!!

Got my bouquet today!

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My flowers were supposed to be delivered on Friday.  I received an email that there was a delay and I would get them Saturday.  (I ordered the flowers to give as a gift for a party).  They never showed up yesterday.  Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed.

I didn't receive any correspondence from them though I emailed about the missing flowers.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I guess you get what you pay for.  I'll stick to local florists.

My flowers were supposed to be delivered on Friday.  I received an email that there was a delay and I would get them Saturday.  (I ordered the flowers to give as a gift for a party).  They never showed up yesterday.  Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed.   I didn't receive any correspondence from them though I emailed about the missing flowers.     I guess you get what you pay for.  I'll stick to local florists.

They just emailed this...

"We wanted to check in and make sure no one is having any issues with The Bouqs.  As you know this is the first time we used a third party to fulfill items from one of our boxes, so we can’t control the entire process and that makes us uneasy. 

We haven’t heard of any issues (other than a Bouqs website issue that prevented some people from redeeming their coupons, but that has been fixed), but in the event you have any issues with the Bouqs, (i.e. placing your order, redeeming your coupon, late or missing shipments, etc., please feel free to contact us at [email protected].  We will be happy to get involved (in fact it’s our duty to get involved).  We want this to be a great customer experience for all of you.

Love LLB," 

It is very important that you choose 'signature required' for all Bouqs orders.  If you do not, they are less than helpful with issues.  I know this from experience.

I chose no signature required so I could just get the flowers, my doorbell doesn't work so I never know when I get anything delivered anymore. Fedex tried to deliver them twice yesterday and required a signature; they left notes that I could sign and get delivered today. So even though I chose no signature required I still had to sign, and got my flowers today. They're pretty, but not really $40 pretty for some daisies and mums I can get at the grocery store for $5/each. 

@@cpl100 It's funny that you mentioned that.  I've had prior experience with The Bouqs (I purchased a voucher for their flowers through Plum District or Living Social).  My experience wasn't great and it was because of the "Signature Required."  I'm at work during the day, so it's very inconvenient to have this requirement.  I understand it, if you are receiving wine shipments (I work for a winery and we require it when we ship wine, because of age restrictions), but why flowers?  When I gave my thoughts about the last Little Lace Box, I didn't say anything good or bad about The Bouqs, because I couldn't say anything really good about them, so I said nothing at all.  I was disappointed they were chosen to be in the box, but I did order my flowers and I got them without any issue.  Mine were beautiful and they did show up on time.  Like @@Saiza's they required a signature even though I chose NO SIGNATURE.  I was lucky my husband worked from home that day or I'd be in the same situation as some of you.  Costco has beautiful flowers and you can get them shipped to you without a signature.  That's where I'll get them if I don't buy them locally.

Thankfully my FedEx guy came back a second time last Friday when mine were delivered because I was gone the first time he attempted to deliver them. The flowers themselves are beautiful and are lasting a long time but I was very irritated by the signature required. Not even a huge order of Lululemon (talking hundred of dollars in value) requires a signature, why does $50 of flowers require one? Lame.

I picked no signature required as well and I still had to sign for them. Good thing I'm home during the day. I'm glad I chose not to send them directly to my mom's house because she is not there during the day and FedEx can't seem to find her house anyway.

That's interesting to know about the signature required for the flower delivery. I'm going to keep that in mind. I hate having to be home to sign for things. Maybe I'll send them to myself at work, lol. My coworkers will wonder what my husband did wrong.

Did anyone else get the email about serendipity being $10 this month? I guess they think they got the bugs worked out. I'm not sure I'm ready to spring for it yet, as I'm not sure the first two months of it gave me a good idea of what to expect, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it and sub if the values and content look good. And who knows, I might give in and sub if I have a weak moment this weekend. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just received my flowers today and they are so pretty ! I checked the no signature required box and they were left at my door with no issues. I read that other people had problems with this and was worried, so I left a note on my door instructing the delivery person to leave them on pourch. Sorry others had trouble. Idk, maybe he left them because my condo has a security gate, so he felt they were safe. The flowers are lovely and fresh, but I would never spend $40 on this bouquet when I could buy the same for $10. But I am still totally pleased with the whole box.

So, I had trouble with the code when I tried to order flowers for my sister, because of user error I'm sure. It was something like this.... 4115lIjli, L's, i's? Idk, and I can't figure out how to copy and paste on my desktop. Although, they said there were other issues with the codes, so maybe it was that. So, I emailed them and they responded right away saying the code worked okay for them, and they sent me flowers (huh?) and gave me a new code.

So, I ordered flowers for my sister who had surgery. She texted me today while i was at work with a picture of them, she was very happy. Then, I got home, and there was actually a bouquet of yellow roses for me. Seriously??  WOW!! I have never had service like that before! I've had issues with my cable company, my phone company, maybe got a $5 credit. LLB did nothing wrong here, and they sent me roses. wow.

Back