Little Lace Box July Serendipity/August Box *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering, did anyone receive a ofra lip gloss in their serendipity ? I had seen it in a spoiler, but I did not get one.

I had received the Lolabambooza scrub and my box this month had the peach body butter.  They are two very strong scents so no way to use them together which is a little disappointing.

The more I think about it the more disappointed I am in the box, I was excited since there are never spoilers so I'm always anxious to see what's in it. But after January of this year each box is more underwhelming to me. I was ok when I opened the box with the added Serendipity stuff in there it seemed much fuller. The vase isn't my style at all and the more I look at it the more I dislike it. On a side note, my 63 yr old mom and 62 yr old aunt loved the box. My mom loved the perfume and the lotion (coconut mango), my aunt loved the vase, she loves blue. I do like that I get to pick out my own bouquet though, that's pretty awesome. I just don't see how girls younger than me, in their early-mid 20s are curating this box. I'm going to be 30 this year and this box felt geared towards people my aunt and mom's age. Much like the last box, I hated that hat so much; it still gives me nightmares lol. But I won't drop the box since I'm still locked in at the $40/rate and still hoping for a box like the November '14 one. 

I just looked at the website for the vase and omg, that is some insanely expensive stuff. $ 500 some dollars for a tea pot ? I can respect her talent, its just not my style. I am afraid my cats are gonna knock it over. I absolutely love flowers and I happy to get them in this box, but I would never buy from that flower site on my own. You can get the same flowers local for a quarter if the price. I usually buy flowers every week at my farmers market. $10 gets one a huge mixed arrangement. I wonder how long the flower codes will be good for ? I would like to save mine for this winter, when its more difficult to get flowers locally.

For me this box is just OK. I received the perfume in Harper and the uou leave me peachless body butter, which is the same as my scrub from last box ( I wonder if they did that on purpose). I actually really like both those items, but I was hoping for a different perfume scent and the Lollapalooza butter. I have to admit, I am pretty underwhelmed with the vase. It's just so small, perhaps if it was bigger. I just can't believe how pricey it is. I just wish it wasn't the big ticket item. I was really hoping for a jewelry item too. I don't know exactly what to do with the vase. A few months ago I received a similar sized red vase in my POPSUGAR box and because its so small, it looks strange everywhere. Other than the vase I do like the box though
I found a place for popsugar vase in the bathroom.

LLB vase got a place too.

14407662041021884339871.jpg

For me this box is just OK. I received the perfume in Harper and the uou leave me peachless body butter, which is the same as my scrub from last box ( I wonder if they did that on purpose). I actually really like both those items, but I was hoping for a different perfume scent and the Lollapalooza butter. I have to admit, I am pretty underwhelmed with the vase. It's just so small, perhaps if it was bigger. I just can't believe how pricey it is. I just wish it wasn't the big ticket item. I was really hoping for a jewelry item too. I don't know exactly what to do with the vase. A few months ago I received a similar sized red vase in my POPSUGAR box and because its so small, it looks strange everywhere. Other than the vase I do like the box though
Which perfume did you want? I got Audry and wanted Harper...

I'm still on vacation, won't open my box until Monday. Hoping for the mango coconut body cream, I got the lollapolluza scrub and hated it, sounds like they improved the scent for the body cream, but I still don't want it.

The vase is not my style at all and there is no blue in my house.

If I have flowers delivered my husband will think I'm having an affair lol. I'll have them sent to my sister since she's watching my cats this week.

For me this box was a hit.  I will use everything and I LOVED the vase.  I only wish the card that was inside the vase was bigger (but then it probably wouldn't have fit in the vase), so I could frame it and put it next to the vase on my bookshelf.  I love the artist's story behind the vase.  I never would have spent this much money for a vase, so for me, that is the whole reason I get sub boxes.  Her art is beautiful, but very expensive, unfortunately, I can't even go to a paint your own pottery place and bring something home that I am proud of, so this is great.  

I'm not a perfume person, but I have a place for this in an upcoming gift and it is full-size.  It's oil so you don't need as much.   The scrub and body butter are both really nice for me.  Rumor has it that they are produced for LLb by the Beekman boys, so it is quality and it is priced right.  I really like the hair repair product.  I used it last night and it was great.  Unfortunately I used all of it.  Never heard of it before, so it was a nice new discovery.  I hope they sell it, because I will buy more if it's not too expensive.  

Rumor has it that they are produced for LLb by the Beekman boys, so it is quality and it is priced right.
"Rumor" has it? Where? Sounds like a "rumor" planted by LLB, themselves. In fact, the more I read your past posts...hmm. 

"There are a group of batshit crazy women over on MSA blaming everybody BUT KB/MSA for all of  these mistakes, they even blame LLB for all of this.

In any case, if that is the "rumor" I'd rather get the real thing rather than a LLB knock off. 

I just don't see how girls younger than me, in their early-mid 20s are curating this box. I'm going to be 30 this year and this box felt geared towards people my aunt and mom's age.

That is because, as previously uncovered, the girl's parents run this box. I hate to be negative (I used to love this box), but my trust in these people has seriously eroded. Everything feels so...shady. And their trying to establish and send out their own stuff in these boxes just kills it for me. 

Just wondering, did anyone receive a ofra lip gloss in their serendipity ? I had seen it in a spoiler, but I did not get one.
The Ofra products came in the first Serendipity. There was a lip liner, gloss and eyebrow pencil. 

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="MissKris17" post="2401274"

If I have flowers delivered my husband will think I'm having an affair lol. I'll have them sent to my sister since she's watching my cats this week.

that's hilarious, I was thinking the same thing! My husband would definitely be wondering who's sending me flowers

Just a reminder, we want everyone to be able to post their opinion (both good and bad) without being called out or attacked for it. If you don't like the box, you are more than welcome to post that. Also if someone loves the box, they are more than welcome to post that as well without having to worry about being attacked for it. Please keep this subject on the box itself instead of addressing someone's love or hate for this particular box or for any other box for that matter. We want everyone to be able to express themselves without having to worry about one side "attacking" another. Thanks everyone for understanding!

I'll be seeing the Beekman Boys in about 3 weeks. If I remember, I will ask.
I guess I should have added when I said I would ask them, is that I would be THRILLED if they made it, because I think they are amazing. I meant no disrespect by saying I would ask, I just meant that would be amazing if they did make it.

I really loved this month's box. This is my fifth box from LLB (I have the 2 year bi- monthly subscription) and I'm very happy. I always enjoy each months's theme interpretation. It's always a little different than what I would expect, which I like. Also, I do remember them stating in the theme description of the Elizabeth & Mr. Darcy box, the many various directions they might take the box ( English countryside, the fact that he broods a lot...) I'm glad they went with the classic romance angle. Everything's so elegant in this month's box:

Vase: it's exquisite. No, I would've never picked out the style for myself or pay the retail price for it. I would never make such a splurge for myself. But that's precisely why I signed up for a subscription box such as LLB. I love and trust their curation. Simply put.

Perfume: I received Clara. I'm so happy with this scent. It's floral and very warm. Also, it represents a woman who brings abundance in her life through gratefulness. This is a concept that I firmly believe in, and try to live my life by.

Body butter: What a great compliment to the June's sugar scrub. I received the peach scrub and the lallabambooza scented body butter. Love the llallabambooza scent. It's earthy floral, yet clean and crisp. I also like its whipped consistency. I don't mind at all that LLB is making bath and body products, especially when they're made with such great quality.

Flowers: love how LLB often includes an item outside the box that can be customized. I've already browsed the bouqs website and can't wait to pick out my flowers!

Its gotten quute obvious that LLB is shilling on here. So...since I kmow you're reading this I'll give my honest feedback. I love peach everything...except your peach body butter. I'm not sensitive to scents, but this one gave me a huge headache immediately. It will go in the trash, it's just that bad. My Audrey perfume is fantastic and smells wonderful on me. This item made the box. I'm neutral on the flowers but think it's a creative idea. The vase I'm also neutral on, it certainly doesn't fit our very eclectic decor and it isn't something I'd gift, but I'll probably hang onto it and put incense in it or something. I'm cancelling LLB finally, I think I'd rather curate my own box for $40. I've gotten a couple cute things, I adored the ring from the last box.

I've always loved the LLB boxes since I got my first one in November.  That was the crazy - over the top one with the Christmas stuff in it and it was wonderful.  I was sad when the box went bi-monthly, but it picked up my expectations due to the reasoning of LLB to have more time to curate better boxes.  Am I disappointed in this box?  I would have been if the Serendipity items were not included.  

A vase, a body butter, flowers and a perfume.....  I got the Sofia Isabel perfume and I'm not one for sweet smells.  I LOVE the bottle though so it's going to sit with my other perfumes for show - maybe it will grow on me.  Thankfully I did NOT get the peach smelling body butter... I got Lollabambooza.  Not sure what that is but it smells REALLY good.  I just got back from vacation in San Diego and burned a little bit on my shoulders and it's working amazing on my burn!  The vase?  Well, it's tiny.  I'm just not one for vases and such but I guess it will find a home somewhere in my house.  And......I'm not a flower gal.  Flowers wilt and die so it's always sad to get flowers and watch them slowly wilt away...  I'm sure they will be beautiful and I'll enjoy them while they are fresh and all.  Maybe I'll find a crafty way to preserve their beauty.

I really like the Serendipity stuff and I'm most excited about trying out the Mindful Minerals bar.  I have horrible hyper pigmentation from Melasma so I'm going to buy some of their peptide and see if it helps.  And the water bottle tea infuser!  I LOVE that.  It's the perfect size and I could even throw some small berries in it for fruit infused water too!  <3  The hair stuff will go to good use and the thank you cards are super cute.  All in all, the box will go to good use in one way or another. 

@@fancyfarmer I think you are the perfect person to solve the mystery.  Let the Beekman Boys clear this up.  I saw the reference to Beekman's making LLB products on a discussion forum back in late June or early July (it was right after the June LLB was delivered because that box had the sugar scrub in it).  A woman who typically has been very critical of LLB made the comment.  I assumed she was in the know, because it was the only nice things she had to say about LLB.  Maybe I should have followed up with LLB, but I didn't.  It is very important to me, however.  I feel that if I can't eat it, I don't want to put it on my skin or my children's skin.  So please tell us what you find out.  Thanks

Back