May 2013 Ipsy bag!!! (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd like a non-zipper bag - maybe magnetic closures, buttons (but like an oversized one - like the buttons on the Ugg Bailey Button boots), or clasps. 
I would love a bag like that.

Originally Posted by Amanda Stan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Had no idea what you were talking about so I googled it... It's sooo cool Defiantly want one in a bag now
I just did the same now I want it.

I'd like some Sula Paint & Peel polishes. They're big 3 free and you can change them up on the go since they're essentially just latex paints. So cool and fun!
That sounds awesome but how long do they last? My Mani always chips within 2 days. Wonder if this would work better or worse.

I still say I want the kinda bag that has a coin bag kinda clasp.

Again - IPSY GODESS HEAR OUR PRAYERS: WE WANT LIP SCRUBS! 
worship.gif

But any who - I have yet to find a benefit products that I really really like - I've tried samples from Ulta of their face scrubs/lotions and I just don't like them.  Perhaps I need to try something else?  

Originally Posted by lillybunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some things I would like to see in future bags:

1. Eyeliner- maybe a different color like olive or silver

2. Tinted lip balm- Summer is rolling around and I'm still clutching to the idea of more Pacifica products!

3. False eyelashes- just something fun to try

4. Mascara- I would like a full size mascara. I have so many samples that run out so quickly
frown.gif

5. Lip scrub/ face scrub- again, perfect for summer to rid away of dull winter skin

6. Body butter- Nice to have!

7. Perfume- Since I switched from birchbox, I hardly get the chance to try new fragrances. I'd love a rollerball!

8. BETTER BAGS. I know overall the bags don't mean much and what we want is the product, but honestly if they are putting money into the bags, I'd like to see creative shapes, like maybe a bag shaped as a bow? Or a clutch instead of a zipper bag?
This may be just me, but I personally would rather see them either do away with the bags entirely or just send them out maybe seasonally. As you say, they are putting money into the bags, and that money could be better spent elsewhere.

Seems like most people want a lip scrub--I soooo hope they are paying attention to that.

Originally Posted by jbrookeb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like some Sula Paint & Peel polishes. They're big 3 free and you can change them up on the go since they're essentially just latex paints. So cool and fun!
This sounds like a fun thing to try! Maybe some nail art stuff. I also would like a lip scrub and a lip liner like others have mentioned.

Originally Posted by decayeddoll82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That sounds awesome but how long do they last? My Mani always chips within 2 days. Wonder if this would work better or worse.
I bought two bottles from Ulta about two years ago and I've found pros/cons to them, but overall, they're fantastic! They dry super fast (like, a minute or less) and it's really easy to mix colors to make custom colors, thin them with water to make them more transparent, and if you're out and about and they chip, they can easily be pulled off the nail in one swipe and reapplied really fast. I tend to try to chew my nail polish off if it chips, which I know is so bad for me and makes them look even worse, but with these, you just pick a corner of the polish and pull and the entire thing will come off. The only negative I've found is they can tend to leave streaks in the polish if you just do one coat. Other than that, I 
heart.gif
them!

Hear us, Ipsy! Send us some Sula Paint & Peel polishes to try!!

April was my first bag and I was happy with it I like the idea of trying new things I wouldn't otherwise pick up. The soy hair sample I didn't care for I wish they offered a beauty questionnaire or something that wasnt made for color treated over processed hair lol, made my platinum dingy left a weird film on it.

Originally Posted by amberbock363 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
April was my first bag and I was happy with it I like the idea of trying new things I wouldn't otherwise pick up. The soy hair sample I didn't care for I wish they offered a beauty questionnaire or something that wasnt made for color treated over processed hair lol, made my platinum dingy left a weird film on it.
April was my first bag, too! I don't have anything to compare it to, but it seems like that one was a good first bag to have. I hadn't heard of any of those brands before (other than the hair, but I hadn't used any of their stuff), and doubt I would have found out about them otherwise. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for all of the links!  The Ricky's one in red is calling my name!

Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those (like me) who were bummed that our bag will probably not be a set of red lips, I found a few alternatives:

http://www.rickysnyc.com/style/bags/pvc/rickycity-lips-cosmetic-bags.html

http://www.etsy.com/listing/49990557/kiss-clutch-red-lips-bag-purse-1980s-80s

Both are only $10 or less. I am going to keep these on the back burner, just in case Ipsy does re-create the lip look for our bags. I really do want it!!!

Oh, and I love this one too, but it is more expensive, depending on which option you choose:

http://www.zazzle.com/red_hot_water_drops_glossy_shine_lips_makeup_bags-223368170787278284

Also, Milani supposedly has some similar bags (which they released around April 3 according to their FB page, but I couldn't get the link to work on the Milani site, so maybe they are sold out???) https://www.facebook.com/Milani

And for those crafty enough (not me!), here is a DIY link to make your own:

http://www.indianbeautyspot.com/2012/12/lip-cosmetic-bag-tutorial.html

Originally Posted by lauradiniwilk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for all of the links!  The Ricky's one in red is calling my name!
No problem! Let me know if you get it how you like it. Sorry I scared everyone with the smoking pink lips though. 
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by decayeddoll82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you using both a base and top coat of high quality? My manis still don't last more than 4-5 days EVER when I do them myself, but using Essie base and top coat has doubled their life from what it used to be (2 days max like yours).

Originally Posted by Jennie Pryor /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I clicked on the link from the email (https://www.ipsy.com/giveagift) there's a bag with some goodies we have already received, but I have noticed a few items might show up in the next bag.  Anyone else thinking the same?
Ohhh, Kiehl's and Philosophy. I would be be happy.

Originally Posted by tanya0949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would love to get fake lashes, lotion, and cuticle oil.
smile.gif
During chic week from Sephora I ordered Julep's cuticle oil rollerball, I believe it ended up being a little over $12 after the 15% off and adding in tax. I like it so far. It's definitely a good option for travel purposes, it looks just like one of their nail polishes until you twist the top off & see the rollerball.

Originally Posted by lillybunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some things I would like to see in future bags:

1. Eyeliner- maybe a different color like olive or silver

2. Tinted lip balm- Summer is rolling around and I'm still clutching to the idea of more Pacifica products!

3. False eyelashes- just something fun to try

4. Mascara- I would like a full size mascara. I have so many samples that run out so quickly
frown.gif

5. Lip scrub/ face scrub- again, perfect for summer to rid away of dull winter skin

6. Body butter- Nice to have!

7. Perfume- Since I switched from birchbox, I hardly get the chance to try new fragrances. I'd love a rollerball!

8. BETTER BAGS. I know overall the bags don't mean much and what we want is the product, but honestly if they are putting money into the bags, I'd like to see creative shapes, like maybe a bag shaped as a bow? Or a clutch instead of a zipper bag?
Hey, regarding your mascara issue, check this out http://www.physiciansformula.com/upload/rebates/2012/OrganicWearFakeOutMascaraRebateForm.pdf

I've never used their mascara, but I am definitely going to pick some up now!

I hope that since it's May they'll do more with color and things maybe we can beat the heat?

Since their teaming up with Urban Decay I wouldn't mind getting:

24/7 Eyeliner Pencil (Probably in a different color so it's not the usual black)

Single Eyeshadows

Setting sprays (It's one of the items that you can beat the heat with)

Hi ladies!

I'm a new member to makeuptalk but like you I'm waiting for May's sneak peeks. I used to come here often before I made an account, just to read different theories about what we were getting. Anyway... Here I am. Hello. First post. Hi. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would also like an all-lip products bag. Hopefully we start getting sneak peeks soon!

Originally Posted by derpyderp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi ladies!

I'm a new member to makeuptalk but like you I'm waiting for May's sneak peeks. I used to come here often before I made an account, just to read different theories about what we were getting. Anyway... Here I am. Hello. First post. Hi. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would also like an all-lip products bag. Hopefully we start getting sneak peeks soon!
Welcome! I would mind lip stuff since I'm no buy on lip products for the rest of the year.
blink.gif
What was I thinking!

Back