May 2013 Ipsy bag!!! (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really care about the bag but what if it was just lip printed? Like red/pink/purple kiss prints? Also. I would really love if they sent oil blotting sheets. I go through those things like water. Orrr a mattifying translucent powder. They'll probably send sunscreen(blech. I don't use sunscreen*hides from the on coming storm* but I could use it for my tattoo. I would like to keep it looking crisp as long as possible) I would love love love a lip stain.

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't really care about the bag but what if it was just lip printed? Like red/pink/purple kiss prints?

Also. I would really love if they sent oil blotting sheets. I go through those things like water.

Orrr a mattifying translucent powder.

They'll probably send sunscreen(blech. I don't use sunscreen*hides from the on coming storm* but I could use it for my tattoo. I would like to keep it looking crisp as long as possible)

I would love love love a lip stain.
I'm with you girl! I never use sunscreen....for one simple reason....I don't really go outside! lol Look at me, I'm a Irish creamsicle....my skin burns just THINKING of the sun lol! I tried wearing like SPF 75 at the beach and I still burned within 10 minutes. Ridiculous! So yes, please Ipsy or any other sub...no sunscreen!
eusa_pray.gif

They sent a blue bag with pink kiss prints last year in May, so I'm not eager to see anything smooch related again. I think I'd like to see more colors, like violet or green, and maybe small floral prints.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm with you girl! I never use sunscreen....for one simple reason....I don't really go outside! lol Look at me, I'm a Irish creamsicle....my skin burns just THINKING of the sun lol! I tried wearing like SPF 75 at the beach and I still burned within 10 minutes. Ridiculous! So yes, please Ipsy or any other sub...no sunscreen!
eusa_pray.gif
I live in Charleston, SC and am like 30 minutes away from 3+ beaches.  I'm  probably one of the only ones on here that wouldn't mind getting sunscreen, LOL.  I can never have enough!

Originally Posted by Emuhlyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I live in Charleston, SC and am like 30 minutes away from 3+ beaches.  I'm  probably one of the only ones on here that wouldn't mind getting sunscreen, LOL.  I can never have enough!
Right there with ya. Summer is my favorite season, live 20 mins from VA Beach and walking distance from the bay.  I don't like sunscreen and prefer to just cover up instead but I can always use it.  

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That lip bag is AWFUL!
tongue.gif
That's ok. I like the lip bag, but I find the Snuggle bear commercials to be creepy. That bear is downright demonic to me! 
saevil.gif

devilish.gif

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't really care about the bag but what if it was just lip printed? Like red/pink/purple kiss prints?

Also. I would really love if they sent oil blotting sheets. I go through those things like water.

Orrr a mattifying translucent powder.

They'll probably send sunscreen(blech. I don't use sunscreen*hides from the on coming storm* but I could use it for my tattoo. I would like to keep it looking crisp as long as possible)

I would love love love a lip stain.
I've heard people swear that disposable toilet seat covers (cut up into little rectangles) work just as well as blotting sheets (cheaper too).  I've never tried this, but they are probably the same material.  

eek.gif

I've heard people swear that disposable toilet seat covers (cut up into little rectangles) work just as well as blotting sheets (cheaper too).  I've never tried this, but they are probably the same material.  

eek.gif
I'd rather use tissue paper! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Using a toilet seat cover would weird me out, even though it is the same stuff!

I really like the Clean & Clear tissues. The blue ones where you can really see the absorbed oil on. I think they work a lot better than the tissue ones.

man I love that lip bag for one reason. It reminds me of a fanny pack my mom got me from Avon when I was like 4 years old (~1989). Not sure why I remember this particular bag. I loved the way it felt and the way it smelled for some reason. I can't believe I was able to google and found an exact pic of the fanny pack!! ahhhhh!! LOL....the bags don't really look alike, but this was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw it. 

I've heard of people using coffee filters but I've never tried them... You can also use end wraps (the paper you wrap on the ends of your hair before wrapping the hair around a curler when you get a perm... some people call them perm wraps)... those are like $3 for 1,000 of them at Sally Beauty.

eek.gif
I have tried using the toilet seat cover things and they always take my makeup off, so I prefer blotting sheets lol. Plus it's weird to use them lol!

Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's ok. I like the lip bag, but I find the Snuggle bear commercials to be creepy. That bear is downright demonic to me! 
saevil.gif

devilish.gif
Oh my jeez, the Snuggle bear scares the beejesus out of me!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

saevil.gif

devilish.gif
rofl2.gif

Originally Posted by drugsNmakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

man I love that lip bag for one reason. It reminds me of a fanny pack my mom got me from Avon when I was like 4 years old (~1989). Not sure why I remember this particular bag. I loved the way it felt and the way it smelled for some reason. I can't believe I was able to google and found an exact pic of the fanny pack!! ahhhhh!! LOL....the bags don't really look alike, but this was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw it. 

So cute!

I'm hoping for some more brighter colors for spring & summer. I just recently got into the beauty sub thing last fall so I feel totally overwhelmed with browns, grays, neutrals, etc. and red lip colors, the pink eyeshadow in this past bag was a nice change and now I want more color in my makeup life ;-) Fun bright nail colors (pairing with Zoya would be amazing!), colored eyeliner (I got a light teal-ish blue eyeliner in my March BB and I'm in love with it, SO fun, I hardly ever stray from black and now I'm totally digging the colors), definitely agree about a mattifying type spray. I'd love to try more face moisturizers with SPF or another BB cream and maybe a tinted lip color in chapstick or stain type or a lip pencil. Something to add a bit of color that isn't in gloss or cream form I guess? 

Just a few more days until we start seeing spoilers, I hope! 

Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm hoping for some more brighter colors for spring & summer. I just recently got into the beauty sub thing last fall so I feel totally overwhelmed with browns, grays, neutrals, etc. and red lip colors, the pink eyeshadow in this past bag was a nice change and now I want more color in my makeup life ;-) Fun bright nail colors (pairing with Zoya would be amazing!), colored eyeliner (I got a light teal-ish blue eyeliner in my March BB and I'm in love with it, SO fun, I hardly ever stray from black and now I'm totally digging the colors), definitely agree about a mattifying type spray. I'd love to try more face moisturizers with SPF or another BB cream and maybe a tinted lip color in chapstick or stain type or a lip pencil. Something to add a bit of color that isn't in gloss or cream form I guess? 

Just a few more days until we start seeing spoilers, I hope! 
I'm on the same boat as you. This spring I'm all about bright colors! I've been looking for the perfect peachy pink lipstick lately for spring/summer so it would be great to get some colorful lipsticks.

If they have indeed partnered with Zoya and we got a hold of some pixie dust nail polish I would be the happiest person on Earth. I've been meaning to get some but there's no Zoya near me and I've only been lusting for one color (Godiva), so it's hard to justify the shipping costs.

Fingers crossed for spoilers this Monday hopefully!
biggrin.gif

Like everyone else, I am also hoping for some bright and bolder colors. I was excited to get the nail polish in April's bag, but I was so disappointed to see how watery and translucent it was. I have a feeling things will be a lot better with May's bag. 

I'm hoping for some more lip related items - I already got scrub in my March Starlooks box, but gloss/lipstick that is Not coral or red would be awesome:)

This will be my first month with Ipsy! I am excited to get my very first Ipsy box! For the most part are all of you happy with this box of products that have come through?

Back