Memebox Addiction Support Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to join this group. Between subs, trades and Memeboxes, I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with the amount of product I have to use. I organized everything over the weekend, and was feeling better about things – when 20 sheet masks, 3 full-size skincare products and another Memebox arrived yesterday. If I'm feeling this way after the arrival of my first 5 Memeboxes, not sure how I'll feel after the other 12 arrive.

So, I'm making a deal with myself...

Any honey, rose, snail, mask, moisturize or bubble pop boxes, I can get. Anything else is a 1 box out, 1 box in policy.

I got my first memebox this summer, and now I am hopelessly addicted. I'm excited to find a support group, or more likely, an enabling group. 
Haha you tread on dangerous grounds... 

I haven't been buying too much thanks to travelling and intern fees. Oh well. Being poor helps.

I was feeling all proud of myself because I've resisted buying Honey #2 and Yogurt. Then I decided to check out testerkorea....My cart is now full of masks and tiny cute samples. Going to go back and weed some of the stuff out and see if it's even worth ordering once I add shipping costs in. 

I was feeling all proud of myself because I've resisted buying Honey #2 and Yogurt. Then I decided to check out testerkorea....My cart is now full of masks and tiny cute samples. Going to go back and weed some of the stuff out and see if it's even worth ordering once I add shipping costs in. 
Hmmm, that makes me think that a Mini Memebox with lots of those little mask/sleeping/bubble/mud packs might be fun!

I bought a ton of boxes even though I said I wouldn't. Now I am seriously holding off for awhile unless there is a must have box for me (not sure what that would be) and I have enough Memepoints to make it less than $10. 
I think (unless the points are about to expire), you can hold on enough to get the next box for free. Maybe a short pause would help regenerate your love for memeboxes. (trying hard to not enable here)

See, I'm being enabled to look at testerkorea now!

I missed Honey 1, which turned out to be awesome, so you bet I got Honey 2. I am deciding on Yogurt and Cafe. They sound interesting, but I have a ridiculous amount of memeboxes, I'm even backlogged on reviewing them.

See, I'm being enabled to look at testerkorea now!

I missed Honey 1, which turned out to be awesome, so you bet I got Honey 2. I am deciding on Yogurt and Cafe. They sound interesting, but I have a ridiculous amount of memeboxes, I'm even backlogged on reviewing them.
I'm holding off as well. I have no where to put anymore products!!! I'm seriously stocked, I might have to sell most of this stuff at the woman's show coming up lol. When I get a box, I'm excited and than after I toss it to the side, and than figure out where I'm going to stash it. I went through my drawers last night, and was like "WHAT, when did I get that?!" seriously , I need to stop buying these box's because its past an obsession now. I think of it as an necessity now, in the wrong kind of way, which is not right. I was even contemplating cancelling all my recent orders, which is about 105$ (not much) but still. I figured I would leave those alone, and stop from here on out, and only purchase a box that interests me when a spoiler /unboxing is revealed/ restocked.

Christmas is also coming up, and I have 19 CLOSE relatives/family to buy for +my daughter and fiance.. oh joy...I can't be greedy no more lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Christmas is also coming up, and I have 19 CLOSE relatives/family to buy for +my daughter and fiance.. oh joy...I can't be greedy no more lol
Lols, probably you shouldn't cancel because once you do, you'll start feeling empty and wanting to buy more. Just hold off buying unless it is one that you really wished for. 

Xmas and The joy of having a huge family!!  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Take my advice.  If the box is initially posted for $20 or less on the pre-VIP sale, it's probably crap.  At least that's how it's been in my experience.  As you will notice, the Luckyboxes and Global boxes never go on sale.  And the boxes that sell out fast and have some good value to them are rarely re-released, if ever (e.g., the Fermented 1 box, the older/better Global boxes, Cute Wishlist 1, Gangnam Style, etc.).  These are the boxes Memebox depends on to snag new customers with false hopes.  Also, if a box doesn't sell out right away because sales are low, then the chances of it having a good selection of high value items are slim (with the exception of the Bubble Pop box, which most people probably ordered in mid-July only after Memebox posted on Facebook that it would contain over $190 worth of products, despite sending out a product card reporting $173 worth of products at inflated prices and subsequently deleting their post).  Even their spoiler products sometimes fail to make it into the boxes.  Before you order a box, ask yourself if you could buy any of the products u REALLY want/need after you see the unboxing...  Chances are, anything worth purchasing can be found online for a discount, or at the very least, from other Memeboxers selling their overstock.  Buying a $25-40 box with unknown items doesn't necessarily mean you will like or use all of them.  Therefore, you are better off waiting to see what's in the box and then purchasing whatever you like for the same amount of $ you WOULD HAVE spent on the box.  The only difference is, you will actually use the products and acquire only what you WANT.  IMO, stick to the monthly global boxes and/or Luckyboxes, and you should get your fill of the best products Memebox has to offer. Also, keep your eyes peeled for hints about repeat products from prior boxes, like with the "Thumbs Up box," or Luckyboxes, where the boxes mostly contain products you've ordered already.  I started thinking this way, and have been able to limit my purchases to 3 or less boxes per month (including the box I receive as part of the #11-16 Global box package purchased several months back).  Hope this helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh, gosh. Saw the Spoilers below for the Hand and Nail care, decided I needed to keep my hands and nails looking pretty through the upcoming winter ( although we don't have much of a winter season, truth be told).

Well, then I realized that if I just added one more small-ish box the free shipping code for one box would go into effect.

So, I added the Superbox Brow box because I like " power brows". :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now, I'm realizing that I got two very specialized boxes and probably need to add a couple of general- care boxes too. ( I've already bought 3 boxes this week, this makes 5 )and it's time I admitted that I am addicted.

Lol, you just wanted balance, that's no problem!

The brow box sounded good, but I am in love with my dipbrow, although I wish it was lighter.
I ALWAYS wanted that Anastasia of Hollywood big kit with the stencils... Like I could stencil on big brows and get them even? HA HA. No way I could..

The upside of this box to me would seem that the Korean eye beauty is for full brows. I had really big brows, but years of professional waxing have made them just ordinary. 

I'm hoping for NO Tweezerman- just maybe stick on stencils and some powder, a pencil and setting gel ( A Tweezerman deluxe size sells for more than the box price). 

OMG-- What IF this is the box they put the WAX HAIR REMOVER in???  :w00t:

Hey guys I'm not an meme box addict but I've been thinking of trying them and I thought what better way than to ask you all if I should or shouldn't. I'm leaning waaaay toward the should category but what advice can I get from the meme box AA group before hand lol

Latest posts

Back