Memebox Affiliates

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no activity for luckybox 10 for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I wonder if they revoked my commissions?
I only got 2 luckybox 10 sales and a few random ones here and there. It was one of the more slow days. Honestly I think that the majority of regular blog readers have received a lot of past boxes already,  so luckyboxes may not be a huge draw for them. If you've made them good money, I definitely don't think they will revoke your commissions. Honestly I have no idea what is  "a lot" in regards to affiliate sales and what isn't, but I'm sure that you're someone they will want to keep around! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

thank you MissJexie!  I did get ONE #10 box sale in today!! haha

very slow day - yesterday, a lot of missha ones. 

thank you MissJexie!  I did get ONE #10 box sale in today!! haha

very slow day - yesterday, a lot of missha ones. 
LOL at first I was like, "OOOH MY GOSH LOOK AT ALL THE SALES" and then I realized they were all like 7 cents commission and that's when it hit me that people were using the few points and codes they had at the end of the month and taking advantage of the free shipping deals, which if it weren't for them, I wouldn't have thought of it and I would have missed out on using those 3 points from the OMG box promo.

That's when I made my rounds and used 3 different accounts, and 3 different affiliate links and bought my stuff LOL. 

every penny helps!! But I do worry about how slow the USA shipping has been.  None of my august 14th have shipped out and I see a lot of "pending" ones in my commission area that I know are the USA memeshop items.

every penny helps!! But I do worry about how slow the USA shipping has been.  None of my august 14th have shipped out and I see a lot of "pending" ones in my commission area that I know are the USA memeshop items.
You're so right. I don't work right now due to some health issues and the fact that my fiance and I share a car, so when I get like $30 in commission I freak out with sheer joy, LOL.

I find that SO weird about the US shipping! I made a little tiny order with a coupon and some points and got one of the macaron lip balms. I'm pretty sure it was here within about a week if I remember correctly. I never got a shipping confirmation or a tracking number, it just appeared one day! It was a few weeks ago though, so I'm not sure what's going on with the current orders!

Yeah, whats up with the pending ones?  I know I've received my USA order and it still says pending.  Do you think that means the affiliate doesn't get that money?!

Yeah, whats up with the pending ones?  I know I've received my USA order and it still says pending.  Do you think that means the affiliate doesn't get that money?!
Wow... I never even thought of that! That's definitely possible, since it's still pending on the site, it might still be pending for the affiliate's commission as well...

SIGH. Memebox you're making it so hard for me to continue to love you lately.  <_<

I wrote an email to skinfactory :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  we will see what they say to me.  Also, it seems like A-true has been very generous to bloggers lately, too.  Including me, although I only got the samples because Marjolein asked them to send them to me (as a birthday surprise).  Which does mean that they are pretty nice to people in general since thats kind of a weird request.

And I'm not kidding when I say they sent a stash.  Not quite as large as skinfactory but a definite stash.

I wrote an email to skinfactory :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  we will see what they say to me.  Also, it seems like A-true has been very generous to bloggers lately, too.  Including me, although I only got the samples because Marjolein asked them to send them to me (as a birthday surprise).  Which does mean that they are pretty nice to people in general since thats kind of a weird request.

And I'm not kidding when I say they sent a stash.  Not quite as large as skinfactory but a definite stash.
Oh that is awesome! I've been compiling a list of Korean companies to e-mail to see if any of them are open to sending products for review, so I will add them to the list for sure! I plan on reporting back here as well so everyone can get in on the fun! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes, I was the one who mentioned A-True a while back for other bloggers as I had reached out to them months ago and got samples.  They are very generous with samples.  I did finally place an order with them, but I had to purchase 100.00 worth of stuff -to get free shipping -  which was only 4 items - lol - because their shipping costs are worse that memeshop.

I had originally just ordered two items, at 64.00, but then they were going to add 34.00 in shipping, so I said, let me add two more items.  That said, they don't ship out standard EMS like memebox, but priority, so I hope I get this package before I go on vacation.

Has anyone gotten review points in the last, oh, week?

I've sent in my link FIVE TIMES now, and on the fourth one (sent in on Tuesday) I just got back a standard "How did we do?" feedback survey today. Uh...

I've never gotten points for my reviews, unless they send me an e-mail asking for a specific product to be reviews and they reward a random amount of points once it's finished. Ex: I did a review on Hope Girl cosmetics and they gave me like 20 points for it afterwards or something.

I do send my reviews to them, but only if it's a box that they sent me for review, and I don't even get points for those. 

I figure since they send me boxes every now and again, It's pretty much the equivalent of points. I knew that once people mentioned they were giving out points, everyone would start sending in reviews and eventually they would stop giving points away. It sucks, but If they gave 3 points for every review to every single person who reviewed a box I feel like they'd be giving a LOT of points away. 

Long ramble short, I never send my reviews to them so I have no idea if they're still giving points out or not for them...but I can imagine there's going to be a time (possibly now?) that they will stop giving points out for them.

I haven't tried for the review points in awhile.  The last time I did... let's see...  That must have been when they first sent out the email about the Jackpot box.  I sent a question about the Jackpot box and added in the fact that I had emailed about three reviews and heard nothing back.

When they responded, they answered my question about the Jackpot box and also gave me the review points.  I will say that it was probably the most coherent Memebox support person ever.  There wasn't even a grammatical error in the response.

I do admit that I feel like they should know me by now since I've been sending in my reviews and doing their giveaways for the last three months but I'm probably dreaming :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've never gotten points for my reviews, unless they send me an e-mail asking for a specific product to be reviews and they reward a random amount of points once it's finished. Ex: I did a review on Hope Girl cosmetics and they gave me like 20 points for it afterwards or something.

I do send my reviews to them, but only if it's a box that they sent me for review, and I don't even get points for those. 

I figure since they send me boxes every now and again, It's pretty much the equivalent of points. I knew that once people mentioned they were giving out points, everyone would start sending in reviews and eventually they would stop giving points away. It sucks, but If they gave 3 points for every review to every single person who reviewed a box I feel like they'd be giving a LOT of points away. 

Long ramble short, I never send my reviews to them so I have no idea if they're still giving points out or not for them...but I can imagine there's going to be a time (possibly now?) that they will stop giving points out for them.
Unfortunately, not all of us get free boxes for review. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Heh.

Unfortunately, not all of us get free boxes for review. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Heh.
That's true! I mean, it's not like they're sending me piles of boxes or anything, but I think they send them to me because I was the only non-youtuber reviewing their boxes when they launched in the US, so they have a soft spot for me or something? LOL Who knows? My blog is really small compared to the other people they've been sending boxes to, so maybe they just feel bad for me or something lmao ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do think that it was nice of them to start offering points to people who review the boxes, I just wonder how many e-mails they're getting per day with complaints, cancelations, questions and now e-mails about reviews/points etc. Every time I send them an e-mail it takes days/weeks sometimes to get a response, so I'm crossing my fingers for you that they get back to you soon!

true, but it is only 3 points.  If someone is purchasing a ton of boxes - they have made the money off that person already - giving them 3 points per review is no different that a VIP savings per box.

If someone rarely purchases boxes, again, it isn't going to break their bank. 

People actually took the time to take pictures, and do a review - some more wordy than others, but all of that takes time, no matter what.  I wouldn't expect points for an instagram - lol

missha usa gives out dollars for your purchases to use again in their shop.  memebox should stop the point system completely and just do that - boxes are worth xx points, some more than others (depending on the cost, what they want to get rid of) and all products in the memeshop, based on cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
true, but it is only 3 points.  If someone is purchasing a ton of boxes - they have made the money off that person already - giving them 3 points per review is no different that a VIP savings per box.

If someone rarely purchases boxes, again, it isn't going to break their bank. 

People actually took the time to take pictures, and do a review - some more wordy than others, but all of that takes time, no matter what.  I wouldn't expect points for an instagram - lol

missha usa gives out dollars for your purchases to use again in their shop.  memebox should stop the point system completely and just do that - boxes are worth xx points, some more than others (depending on the cost, what they want to get rid of) and all products in the memeshop, based on cost.
That sounds like a great idea, honestly!

I just think if you think about it, the commission they give on a sale, mixed with the VIP discounts that most people get, not to mention any $5 off coupons they use and/or others, adding yet another $3 PER box is taking quite a bit of money off the top. I'm definitely not saying that bloggers shouldn't be compensated (I'm a jobless blogger so I totally get it), but that is DEFINITELY not something most companies do, ever. So even if Memebox were doing it for a short period of time, that's pretty cool of them. I've been blogging for just 2 or so years, and never have I seen a company gives me store credit for my reviews. Especially it I wasn't working with them/ in a partnership with them prior to writing the review. 

I do think your idea is much more plausible and makes so much sense. The reason why they had so many people hooked early on is because they were offering points with purchase of a box much of the time, on top of the fact that they were constantly offering points to put towards purchases etc. I felt like there was ALWAYS some kind of points deal going on that made me pull the trigger on boxes. I also like your idea where they take a page out of Missha's book and offer points for purchases in their shop.

I think there just needs to be more reward for buying and interacting on their website, even for those customers who aren't bloggers. 

Latest posts

Back