Memebox Affiliates

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I am so excited that I don't know where else to post this...I didn't want to post it in the other threads but thought I would give you guys the heads up since we are all bloggers!!

This has to do with the skinfactory 7 seconds morning sheet...

I contacted skinfactory to see if they had some samples of some of the other sheets they had available, because I am absolutely obsessed with the ones that came in the mask box. I seriously use them every morning! I did let them know I had a blog, and gave them my Media Kit with my blog stats and what not. I told them I'd be happy to review the morning sheets if they were interested. They said they were "happy to send me some samples to review."

Some samples.

This is what I got in the mail today.

DSCN2260.JPG

I have been blogging for years, and I just stood there with my mouth open in shock, lol. I seriously cannot believe how much they sent me. I will probably be reviewing this stuff sporadically for the next year! They also included lots of paperwork with more information on the products, which is awesome!

Just saying, if you're interested in maybe reaching out to them about doing a review, it might be worth it! I found their e-mail address at the bottom of skinfactory website. 

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!! BIG EYES!!

thanks for the heads up - I love those 7 second sheet masks as well - and I did a special shout out to it in my July Favorite Product a few weeks ago in my blog. I am hording mine right now, as I don't know when I will get another jar of them

WOW!! BIG EYES!!

thanks for the heads up - I love those 7 second sheet masks as well - and I did a special shout out to it in my July Favorite Product a few weeks ago in my blog. I am hording mine right now, as I don't know when I will get another jar of them
I think I've got like 5-6 sheets left in my original jar so I was elated to see this package today. Seriously I can't believe how generous they were! I don't usually go out of my way to e-mail companies about reviews because I'm so busy, but I was really into the morning sheets so I felt like it would definitely be worth a shot to message them!

Wow, awesome!! It looks like they sent you some really nice stuff!
I was excited to see a lip tattoo product like the one in the OMG box, just in case I get the orange shade. I haven't been buying Memeboxes lately due to a huge lack of funds (my car repairs have drained every last cent from my savings account) so this will tide me over review-wise for a while!

Whoa.  I wonder if....  I might try this :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm more of a subscription box blogger but...  I can branch out :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What *cough* belongs in a media kit?  I'm new and dont know very much...

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa.  I wonder if....  I might try this :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm more of a subscription box blogger but...  I can branch out :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What *cough* belongs in a media kit?  I'm new and dont know very much...
This is a great tutorial I found on how to make a media kit. It was really helpful when I made mine! http://katywidrick.com/making-a-blogger-media-kit/ :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is a great tutorial I found on how to make a media kit. It was really helpful when I made mine! http://katywidrick.com/making-a-blogger-media-kit/ :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thank you so much!  That is a great tutorial :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I know nothing about this and I've never asked for anything to review before.  Now I need to get a real logo...  I've been loving blogging so much and I'd like to be a little more professional about it.

I am so small time that doing a media kit for me would be too much work! 
You're never too small time to do a media kit! I had one (granted it was absolutely terrible) when I first started, and my blog is still pretty small. Mine doesn't look anywhere near as fancy as the one in the tutorial, but it does show my blog stats, demographic, information and background etc etc. It's always good to have one on hand in case you're reaching out to a company to do a review :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You're never too small time to do a media kit! I had one (granted it was absolutely terrible) when I first started, and my blog is still pretty small. Mine doesn't look anywhere near as fancy as the one in the tutorial, but it does show my blog stats, demographic, information and background etc etc. It's always good to have one on hand in case you're reaching out to a company to do a review :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
how do you know the demographics of your readers?  Or do you say that you are reaching out to women interested in beauty products, of all ages?

how do you know the demographics of your readers?  Or do you say that you are reaching out to women interested in beauty products, of all ages?
I basically just do that, yea. I mention the demographic of people that my blog is usually geared towards: Women ages 16 and up, mostly from the US. I host on blogger so I don't know about every hosting site, but i am able to gather up info on region/locations etc as well as a few other things, but just fluff it up the best you can like a resume LOL ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I basically just do that, yea. I mention the demographic of people that my blog is usually geared towards: Women ages 16 and up, mostly from the US. I host on blogger so I don't know about every hosting site, but i am able to gather up info on region/locations etc as well as a few other things, but just fluff it up the best you can like a resume LOL ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I will have to try my hand on that!   I just started mine because I wanted to keep track of what I got in my sub boxes - lol

I am a computer programmer analyst by day and a beauty junkie at night.  My hobby is well known at work - haha

When the OMG box was released, I was talking about it and all of the other programmers would google to find the weird stuff - like bull semen products, bird poo, etc...

they are going to be disappointed when I tell them what is in the OMG box!!  haha

Ok so I am so excited that I don't know where else to post this...I didn't want to post it in the other threads but thought I would give you guys the heads up since we are all bloggers!!

This has to do with the skinfactory 7 seconds morning sheet...

I contacted skinfactory to see if they had some samples of some of the other sheets they had available, because I am absolutely obsessed with the ones that came in the mask box. I seriously use them every morning! I did let them know I had a blog, and gave them my Media Kit with my blog stats and what not. I told them I'd be happy to review the morning sheets if they were interested. They said they were "happy to send me some samples to review."

Some samples.

This is what I got in the mail today.

DSCN2260.JPG

I have been blogging for years, and I just stood there with my mouth open in shock, lol. I seriously cannot believe how much they sent me. I will probably be reviewing this stuff sporadically for the next year! They also included lots of paperwork with more information on the products, which is awesome!

Just saying, if you're interested in maybe reaching out to them about doing a review, it might be worth it! I found their e-mail address at the bottom of skinfactory website. 
That is SUPER fantastic! Very happy for you!

Merry Christmas!

Does anyone know what on earth this Jackpot thing is? Does everyone have to pay and only some people win?  Or am I dumb and not getting it?

Does anyone know what on earth this Jackpot thing is? Does everyone have to pay and only some people win?  Or am I dumb and not getting it?
it sounds to me that everyone who purchases the Jackpot box will be guaranteed a box worth at least 60.00

there will be 10 people selected which will more value in their boxes, where the 1st place "winner" will get $1000.00 box and so on.

Ohhhh, so it's a box! 

>.<

And it's going on sale friday?

Hm...  I'm not sure what I think of that deal since most memeboxes are cheaper and have a better value than $60 to begin with...

Ohhhh, so it's a box! 

>.<

And it's going on sale friday?

Hm...  I'm not sure what I think of that deal since most memeboxes are cheaper and have a better value than $60 to begin with...
yeah, I know.  I mean, if the box was 15.00 or something...

I do think this box is really curated for new customers, as memebox wants us to post this on our social media outlets and encourage our readers to sign up for the newsletter - which makes me think that is what the target audience is.

I did notice they started giving 2 points to sign up again.  $32 is a lot for a first timer to spend on a box, though.

I just wrote an email asking for more details, we'll see if they respond.

I wanted to know how on earth they picked the "winners".

And when it ships.

I'll let you know what I find out (if I ever do).

hmm...this could either be really cool, or really awful. 

I really have difficulty recommending these kinds of things to my readers before I even really know what it's all about. I always feel really bad on the rare occasion that something I've recommended is bad or not worth it since I didn't have all the information. You'd think they'd maybe do a little spoiler of what you could get in a box so that we know whether or not it's worth it to share with our readers.

Back