Memebox Affiliates

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really interested to see if they're much different from the first Memebrush set.
I'm wondering if the marketing Memepeople who contacted us meant that the Memebrushes are launching in the US shop and that they're actually the same Memebrushes you tried before. I enjoy rolling around the Korean Memesite and they have a big brush sale on right now, too, but it looks like they're the exact same ones that are currently in the global Memeshop--I'm thinking that the big deal is that they'll be on sale with free shipping within the US.

For your sake I hope they're a new brush set!! 

I'm wondering if the marketing Memepeople who contacted us meant that the Memebrushes are launching in the US shop and that they're actually the same Memebrushes you tried before. I enjoy rolling around the Korean Memesite and they have a big brush sale on right now, too, but it looks like they're the exact same ones that are currently in the global Memeshop--I'm thinking that the big deal is that they'll be on sale with free shipping within the US.

For your sake I hope they're a new brush set!! 
hahah ohhh boy. Well I hope for THEIR sake they are different...because that would be a big ol' waste of cash to send them out to me again, lol. I mean...I'm not sure if they expect me to write another review on the exact same brush set or what. I even said in my response that I had already reviewed the current brush set, and would gladly review this one and they said, yay great etc, so it'll be interesting to see what arrives tomorrow.

Now that i'm looking at the post again, it does say that they'll be available for $18 instead of $36, which is how much the current set costs, so it's looking more and more like it'll be the same set, haha. Maybe they'll let me do a giveaway with them or something? I'll have to e-mail them tomorrow and see what they say.

Hmm...  I hope they aren't the same since it says "long awaited private label Memebox brushes" but it does sound like they might be the same set, especially at the exact price.

So, @@MissJexie what did you think of them back then?

I checked the links.

Oh, yep, its the same one.  It has to be.  If you scroll down there's a HUGE picture that says LAUNCHING on it.  I'm not complaining, I'll take 'em and use them happily!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...  I hope they aren't the same since it says "long awaited private label Memebox brushes" but it does sound like they might be the same set, especially at the exact price.

So, @@MissJexie what did you think of them back then?

I checked the links.

Oh, yep, its the same one.  It has to be.  If you scroll down there's a HUGE picture that says LAUNCHING on it.  I'm not complaining, I'll take 'em and use them happily!
I actually really liked the brushes, and still use them whenever I travel. I think there really needs to be a crease brush of some kind in there though. I noticed I had to take one with me as I tend to shade my eye crease a lot. You can make it work without one, but it would be super convenient if it was already there. The lip brush is super cute because it's retractable. I actually was surprised at how nice the quality was. Although I only use Coastal Scents/Crown brushes (which are pretty much identical) so I don't have any super high-end brushes to compare them to.

My main issue with the brushes was actually the case. It didn't start acting up until a bit later, but the zipper was super cheap and broke within a couple of weeks. It also had a really funky smell to it (that cheap plastic smell) but my coastal scents case had the same issue so it wasn't a huge deal. 

Overall I've been very happy with my set, use them pretty frequently, and definitely think they're worth the sale price. I'm not so sure about the $36 price tag, but even at that price, if someone is looking for a good quality travel brush set, they're worth it!

I'm top affiliate and they never send me anything to review :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Maybe because I'm from Poland and my blog is in Polish language and Memebox don't care...

I'm top affiliate and they never send me anything to review :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Maybe because I'm from Poland and my blog is in Polish language and Memebox don't care...
Have you sent your reviews to the affiliate email address for points?  It should not matter if your site is in Polish, memebox ships globally :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  If you haven't, you should, that way - they are aware you have a blog and you write reviews.  

Also, these brushes were shipped from the USA San Francisco office, so I bet that is why they only offered it to US affiliates, for cost purposes.

Yes I sent and Memebox gave me 60 points :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now I understand - brushes are only for US that's why they didn't send me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
If they leave you out again I would e-mail them and be like "UHM HELLOOOOOO" lol. I mean it makes sense for this but you said that they don't usually send you anything. If you're making them a bunch of money then you really should be getting opportunities to review stuff from them! Hope you get something the next time around!

miss jexie, this is the first item that I got to review for them outside of the global 9 memebox, which I asked for - lol

Well, the brushes just arrived and they ARE the same brushes I reviewed months ago when they launched in the regular shop.

I think I am going to write a small "update" on them, and let my readers know about the sale etc, but I think it would be kind of silly and redundant to repeat a review, haha

Yep. Same :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Just got mine, too~

I had to answer the door in my oversized T-shirt/nightgown with my Hey, Honey Take It Off peel off mask (from Ipsy) on my face...   THAT was embarrassing...

Apparently they have lists.  I asked them.  They only have a certain number of people on the list.  I thought it was weird because blogs that don't even know about Memebox were getting Memeboxes to review.

I don't mind, though, I do this for fun not to get stuff.  I mean, getting stuff is fun and wonderful, but I'm gonna do it all anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Apparently they have lists.  I asked them.  They only have a certain number of people on the list.  I thought it was weird because blogs that don't even know about Memebox were getting Memeboxes to review.

I don't mind, though, I do this for fun not to get stuff.  I mean, getting stuff is fun and wonderful, but I'm gonna do it all anyway so it doesn't really matter.
I agree totally! Although the "lists" sound scary! I wonder what list I'm on! LOL ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know - I noticed that too!!  And they never purchase another one after they get the freebie!! lol

I agree - I would review the boxes anyway, regardless.  I do that with my other subs too...

Yep. Same :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Just got mine, too~

I had to answer the door in my oversized T-shirt/nightgown with my Hey, Honey Take It Off peel off mask (from Ipsy) on my face...   THAT was embarrassing...
I once answered the door to our apartment wearing a clay mask and it turned out to be a police detective asking about a shooting that had happened at the corner the night before. I had heard nothing (and our neighborhood is super safe), so I moved my face in shock and the mask cracked. LOL I took the opportunity when the detective asked my profession or title or whatever (I don't think he believed me at first) to mention that I don't usually look like that. Classic.

Hmm--I wish that the brushes were *NEW NEW NEW* sigh. I'm totally excited to be getting to review them, but I think that my readers' will be sort of like "yeah, the brushes that have been available since forever?" Well, $18 with free shipping is pretty exciting at least. The funny thing is that I never heard that the Memebox shipping times were terribly long from Korea, so I guess the US Memeshop exists for the purpose of free shipping within the US?

I once answered the door to our apartment wearing a clay mask and it turned out to be a police detective asking about a shooting that had happened at the corner the night before. I had heard nothing (and our neighborhood is super safe), so I moved my face in shock and the mask cracked. LOL I took the opportunity when the detective asked my profession or title or whatever (I don't think he believed me at first) to mention that I don't usually look like that. Classic.

Hmm--I wish that the brushes were *NEW NEW NEW* sigh. I'm totally excited to be getting to review them, but I think that my readers' will be sort of like "yeah, the brushes that have been available since forever?" Well, $18 with free shipping is pretty exciting at least. The funny thing is that I never heard that the Memebox shipping times were terribly long from Korea, so I guess the US Memeshop exists for the purpose of free shipping within the US?
lolz @ "so I moved my face in shock and the mask cracked"

It takes me 20 days to get a nonexpedited package from Memebox in Korea to Washington State.  I think that's a long time.  :*(  But the fault lies mainly with the LAX facility.  My box will sit there for a week before they decide to send it up two states.  I thought it would be faster since I'm on the West Coast but nope.

Oh, I did my review.  They're pretty basic brushes.  Not awful but not OMG amazing, either.  I feel really bad that I have a brush so amazing that all other brushes pale in comparison.  If those darned it Cosmetics brushes weren't so expensive, I'd buy  more of them :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They'll definitely get used and its a great assortment.  For $18 I think it's worth it.

They'll definitely get used and its a great assortment.  For $18 I think it's worth it.
Yeah, I sort of realized while writing my review that if people hadn't used a blogger promo code they could cost $13 with free shipping--that's a pretty awesome price for these, in my opinion. 

Back