My Glam

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oh ya...this is the January glam bag. I think its really cute and they hinted at a nail polish on their u-stream ^.^

Well, I caved and signed up. Came out from under my rock and heard about it today, saw it was open and bit the bullet and did it. Sucker for UD here! But like I quoted below, the bag looks like it should be an eco-friendly bag. Not too many prestigue cosmetics sold in Sephora and the prestige side of Ulta are eco-friendly (I know UD has some vegan products though) or "all natural", so I hope its not a disappointment. In my head its only $10 and I can cut out 2 Starbucks coffees a week for some makeup ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ps. on that video posted, the code for $15 off the book of shadows is "MyGlam11"

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh ya...this is the January glam bag. I think its really cute and they hinted at a nail polish on their u-stream ^.^

I'm really happy with Myglam so far. USPS lost my package in transit, and myglam were super helpful and resent me a new bag on Thursday no questions asked. I've been active in their community since a week or 2 after launch and thought nothing of it, but they messaged me saying they wanted to make me a "v.i.p. glam girl" and would add an extra product into my glam bag as a thank you each month. they also posted picture of a thank you note to myself and one other girl to their instagram page. Obviously the quality of their products especially in future bags are the main focus, but myglam wanted to create a community and get close to their fans and to me they have done a great job so far. i should be getting my glam bag any day so im excited to see what my extra product is ^.^
They have a forum? Or do you mean on Facebook?

facebook, youtube, twitter, and the myglam site. i could be wrong but i think down the line the myglam site is going to be more interactive with the stylists and between members. After hearing all the birchbox horror stories i just thought it was really nice that they seem so customer oriented. obviously the vip thing is just a cutesy name i dont actually do anything affiliated with them, but it was nice of them to offer me the free products.

@xlinds15x I'm also a UD addict and im hoping they include something in the new bag since they just had a meeting with them and received secretive swag bags *fingers crossed*

i was thinking maybe the tarte amazonian clay line, bare minerals, or the josie maran argan oil infused products? 

also as sad as it is I've never been on a  real forum before, so sorry in advance that i'm incapable of quoting and all >.<

There's a quote button below each post.  You can use that to quote a single post, or you use "Multi" to toggle the multiple posts you want to quote.  (Then at the end, you click on the quote button, and it'll drop you down to the "Reply" box with the posts quoted.  It's really easy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's a quote button below each post.  You can use that to quote a single post, or you use "Multi" to toggle the multiple posts you want to quote.  (Then at the end, you click on the quote button, and it'll drop you down to the "Reply" box with the posts quoted.  It's really easy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Got it now, thanks a bunch! ^.^

I'm going to guess their January bag will be an "eco friendly" bag with items from Bare Escentuals, possibly Tarte again, maybe NYX and Urban Decay again but they're not really "green" companies. We know they work with Tarte and Urban Decay, it's possible that the brands they listed in the style quiz are ones they're going to work with as well.

Yeah I'm really excited to see what their gonna do in January! I wonder when the Stylist Q&A will be up. & Amber that's really cool they wanted you to be a VIP, did you happen to do a YouTube video or something on your bag? If so what's your name on YouTube so I can see your vid's and that extra product their gonna send you every month. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They are choosing people who are out there on YouTube and blogs and almost kind of promoting the bags to be VIP's I've heard.

Originally Posted by SmokeyEye22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I'm really excited to see what their gonna do in January! I wonder when the Stylist Q&A will be up. & Amber that's really cool they wanted you to be a VIP, did you happen to do a YouTube video or something on your bag? If so what's your name on YouTube so I can see your vid's and that extra product their gonna send you every month. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They are choosing people who are out there on YouTube and blogs and almost kind of promoting the bags to be VIP's I've heard.
Actually no i barely even use youtube and i dont run a blog or anything so that kind of makes me feel even more lucky. I just interacted with people and they "liked" a lot of my comments and responded to me a lot so i guess they just got to know me that way? they tagged me in a couple random posts saying they were going to send me the additional product each month, then sent me a link to their instagram page saying i was a very vip glam girl: http://instaview.me/424417748_15349929/

Maybe my extra product will be one that varies bag to bag? like maybe ill get the mai couture blush and blotting sheets instead of just one or the other? whatever it is im way appreciative ^.^

Hopefully my bag arrives tomorrow!

It looks like they only have two people on that list, and it reads like it's just from Facebook that you were chosen. anyway, congrats on getting picked!

questionnn... so it says my sub status is active, but i.e. in the screen shot zadidoll posted, it says when the next delivery/charge will be. mine doesn't show that :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />( 

Just signed up to try another... let's hope I like this one! I adore the subscriptions, and I'm happy to try the new ones. Can't wait to give Beauty Army a run, too, though I hope I start to see more that I like from GoGoGirlfriend soon or I might be cutting someone...

questionnn... so it says my sub status is active, but i.e. in the screen shot zadidoll posted, it says when the next delivery/charge will be. mine doesn't show that :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />( 
Everyone gets billed on the 1st of each month and the bags get shipped around the 10th regardless of the date you initially subscribed :)

It looks like they only have two people on that list, and it reads like it's just from Facebook that you were chosen. anyway, congrats on getting picked!
Thanks! It seems like more people are getting chosen, but for reasons that make more sense like being bloggers who can promote the company. I just lucked out =P

Everyone gets billed on the 1st of each month and the bags get shipped around the 10th regardless of the date you initially subscribed :)

gotcha, thanks for the reply! i was a bit confused.. lol :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> if it's shipped on the 10th it'll arrive just in time for my birthday on the 18th.. weeeeee

i just signed up tonight....  my acct was debited and as seemed in order..  its cute you get a lil bag too with each order?  i agree i hope the stuff is fresh and and thry didnt get in too deep.... 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am subscribed but my biggest concern is that I think she/they may have bitten off more then they can chew. Birchbox took over a year to get as many members as they have while it took only a few days for MyGlam to reach almost as many as Birchbox. If they don't have the proper foundation to build their company this rush into it and sell 10,000+ boxes might bite them in the butt. We'll see. I hope I'm wrong but I just have this feeling that if Eco-Emi has all these problems, Birchbox (with it's millions of dollars in investors) have these problems what makes MyGlam any different? Who knows, maybe in a couple of months I'll be singing their praises on what a fantastic company it is. I shall remain skeptical though until convinced otherwise.

BTW - anyone wanting a MyGlam is out of luck. They're no longer taking subscribers.

i signed up and very quickly reviewed the site.....will they sell products like bb and offer points for reviews?   in my quick glance it was more about just getting the monthly bag.....didnt really see a store option? i may have missed it altogether...

Quote: Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
questionnn... so it says my sub status is active, but i.e. in the screen shot zadidoll posted, it says when the next delivery/charge will be. mine doesn't show that
frown.gif

The FAQs may state that but in actuality it may not happen. From my own account.

Notice my next payment is December 23 not January 1. I signed up on November 23.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i signed up and very quickly reviewed the site.....will they sell products like bb and offer points for reviews?   in my quick glance it was more about just getting the monthly bag.....didnt really see a store option? i may have missed it altogether...

At this point in time there are no perks for reviews and there is no store options. They give you promo codes to use on the companies websites.

The FAQs may state that but in actuality it may not happen. From my own account. Notice my next payment is December 23 not January 1. I signed up on November 23. Quote: At this point in time there are no perks for reviews and there is no store options. They give you promo codes to use on the companies websites.
My account has the same information I subscribed on the 30th of the month so my account says I will be billed that date. I specifically asked myglam about it because I need to change my payment on file before the next bag (you can't change it yet without cancelling subscription) and they said regardless of what the site says every person is billed on the first of each month, their payment will process in time for all the bags to be shipped out together on the 10th of the month. After the second bag is charged on the 1st the online information should straighten out too. It just automatically displays a date one month from when you are charged last. They also said they are wanting to branch out into some sort of reward system, but want to wait until they are a little more established first, and get the new company kinks out. I heard birchbox's perks are awesome so I hope they do

Back