My Glam

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My account has the same information I subscribed on the 30th of the month so my account says I will be billed that date. I specifically asked myglam about it because I need to change my payment on file before the next bag (you can't change it yet without cancelling subscription) and they said regardless of what the site says every person is billed on the first of each month, their payment will process in time for all the bags to be shipped out together on the 10th of the month. After the second bag is charged on the 1st the online information should straighten out too. It just automatically displays a date one month from when you are charged last.

They also said they are wanting to branch out into some sort of reward system, but want to wait until they are a little more established first, and get the new company kinks out. I heard birchbox's perks are awesome so I hope they do

That's what they say however the system has never been tested in actuality so it's possible what ever day a person signs up is the day they will be billed. They are a new company after all.

As for Birchbox points. I love it. With 500 pts I bought my husband Birchbox Man which included a $70 pair of Skullcandy Houla earbuds. I just used the last of my points yesterday on an order and coupled it with their promo code BBLOVE to get $70 off my order, out of pocket it was less than $6 and I bought this:

Product Name SKU Price Qty Subtotal Subtotal $75.45
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Discount (happy holidays $20 offer, bblove) -$20.00
500 reward points -$50.00
Grand Total
$5.45
Beauty Blender Travel Kit 6 89076 14846 7 $23.95
Ordered: 1
$23.95
Anastasia Line Erasing Serum ABH01-47001 $45.00
$45.00
Jurlique Rose Love Balm 203500 $6.50
$6.50

I had a sample of Anastasia Line Erasing Serum from Sephora and loved it but at $45 I just couldn't justify spending that much on a tiny bottle even though it would last for at least a year. With my BB points I was able to buy almost $100 worth of products and get it for basically free. I'm still kicking myself for not knowing that ALL BB pts would be used so when I bought the BB Man box I could have bought a Lash Card for $4.95 and got that for free. Oh well, lesson learned. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just wish I could get my box already : And on fb someone else seems to be having the same problem as i am. Seriously not cool here. All I got was a promise that it'd be looked into.

I just wish I could get my box already : And on fb someone else seems to be having the same problem as i am. Seriously not cool here. All I got was a promise that it'd be looked into.
I got the same response when I emailed them about my lost box. They tracked it the next business day, and got back to me that afternoon letting me know it was lost and they resent me a new one. So hopefully that's what will happen with you as well :)

That's what they say however the system has never been tested in actuality so it's possible what ever day a person signs up is the day they will be billed. They are a new company after all. As for Birchbox points. I love it. With 500 pts I bought my husband Birchbox Man which included a $70 pair of Skullcandy Houla earbuds. I just used the last of my points yesterday on an order and coupled it with their promo code BBLOVE to get $70 off my order, out of pocket it was less than $6 and I bought this:
Product NameSKUPriceQtySubtotal
Subtotal$75.45
Shipping & Handling$0.00
Discount (happy holidays $20 offer, bblove)-$20.00
500 reward points-$50.00
Grand Total$5.45
Beauty Blender Travel Kit6 89076 14846 7$23.95Ordered: 1$23.95
Anastasia Line Erasing SerumABH01-47001$45.00Ordered: 1$45.00
Jurlique Rose Love Balm203500$6.50Ordered: 1$6.50
I had a sample of Anastasia Line Erasing Serum from Sephora and loved it but at $45 I just couldn't justify spending that much on a tiny bottle even though it would last for at least a year. With my BB points I was able to buy almost $100 worth of products and get it for basically free. I'm still kicking myself for not knowing that ALL BB pts would be used so when I bought the BB Man box I could have bought a Lash Card for $4.95 and got that for free. Oh well, lesson learned. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Holy cow that's amazing! Imagine if myglam did that for urban decay products O.O

I don't think your box was lost but rather delayed. It can take up to 15 business days to determine if a package is truly lost or just delayed. Since the boxes were only shipped out within the last 7 to 10 days (five to seven business days) it may take some time depending on the post office it was mailed from, the USPS sorting hub it's sent to, your local sorting hub and your local post office. Also keep in mind it's the holiday season and the USPS is working seven days a week (unlike UPS and Streamlite that don't work weekends) because they're moving millions of packages plus the normal mail. Packages from MyGlam was sent out via USPS First Class Mail from San Fran, California (which has a major hub).

My own package left Burlingame, CA on December 9, arrived at the San Fran sorting facility that day. Left for Spokane and processed at that sort facility then shipped to my local sort facility (which is possibly being closed and moved to Spokane which will eventually add on up to three more days) and finally delivered on the 12th. I'm lucky that it went through three sorting facilities which makes it faster but like I mentioned if the local sorting hub is shut down and moved to Spokane that can delay packages up to three more days because they'll basically be sorting for all of Eastern Washington since they (USPS) is attempting to shut down the other two sorting hubs on this side of the state.... So depending on where you live and how many hubs it goes through it can be delayed.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think your box was lost but rather delayed. It can take up to 15 business days to determine if a package is truly lost or just delayed. Since the boxes were only shipped out within the last 7 to 10 days (five to seven business days) it may take some time depending on the post office it was mailed from, the USPS sorting hub it's sent to, your local sorting hub and your local post office. Also keep in mind it's the holiday season and the USPS is working seven days a week (unlike UPS and Streamlite that don't work weekends) because they're moving millions of packages plus the normal mail. Packages from MyGlam was sent out via USPS First Class Mail from San Fran, California (which has a major hub).

My own package left Burlingame, CA on December 9, arrived at the San Fran sorting facility that day. Left for Spokane and processed at that sort facility then shipped to my local sort facility (which is possibly being closed and moved to Spokane which will eventually add on up to three more days) and finally delivered on the 12th. I'm lucky that it went through three sorting facilities which makes it faster but like I mentioned if the local sorting hub is shut down and moved to Spokane that can delay packages up to three more days because they'll basically be sorting for all of Eastern Washington since they (USPS) is attempting to shut down the other two sorting hubs on this side of the state.... So depending on where you live and how many hubs it goes through it can be delayed.
She can call usps to confirm, But her tracking information said only an "electronic notification" had been verified and not a package. when i called usps they said if tracking information says that it means a company has notified usps that a package will be sent and that postage has been paid for (they go through stamps.com), but no item has been mailed out for delivery with receipt or in rare cases the item was lost before being checked in if it were dropped off to be mailed. so they said that either means myglam purchased postage and meant to send the bag and didnt, or usps misplaced it during in check in but if a package were in their possession they would have had an indication of receiving one and it would have been checked in. After its checked in ya it can take AGES to get your package around the holidays lol. myglam told me they did send my particular bag, so i must have been one of the ones that usps misplaced. maybe i can hope that its floating around somewhere and will find its way home to me eventually haha 

I'm not expecting to see my resent bag for quite a bit now that were creeping up on Christmas. It's eating away at me! >.<

She can call usps to confirm, But her tracking information said only an "electronic notification" had been verified and not a package. when i called usps they said if tracking information says that it means a company has notified usps that a package will be sent and that postage has been paid for (they go through stamps.com), but no item has been mailed out for delivery with receipt or in rare cases the item was lost before being checked in if it were dropped off to be mailed. so they said that either means myglam purchased postage and meant to send the bag and didnt, or usps misplaced it during in check in but if a package were in their possession they would have had an indication of receiving one and it would have been checked in. After its checked in ya it can take AGES to get your package around the holidays lol. myglam told me they did send my particular bag, so i must have been one of the ones that usps misplaced. maybe i can hope that its floating around somewhere and will find its way home to me eventually haha 

I'm not expecting to see my resent bag for quite a bit now that were creeping up on Christmas. It's eating away at me! >.<
this, in my opinion, is unacceptable. usps can't just say LOL we might have misplaced your package, hahaha, maybe we'll find it or maybe we won't, who even knows? so ya, good luck to you.

on that note, i've had so many terrible experiences with USPS.. i can't stand them. 

this, in my opinion, is unacceptable. usps can't just say LOL we might have misplaced your package, hahaha, maybe we'll find it or maybe we won't, who even knows? so ya, good luck to you. on that note, i've had so many terrible experiences with USPS.. i can't stand them. 
Usps is not on my good side either. This is the 3rd package of mine they have lost since october. That's why I'm thankful myglam is kind of picking up where they are dropping the ball and resending bags without question. If my first bag ends up finding its way to me then ill be excited but I'm not holding my breathe lol

I got the same response when I emailed them about my lost box. They tracked it the next business day, and got back to me that afternoon letting me know it was lost and they resent me a new one. So hopefully that's what will happen with you as well :)

I hope that's the case with me too. I get that USPS can be unpredictable sometimes.

Originally Posted by Turboweevel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope that's the case with me too. I get that USPS can be unpredictable sometimes.

i've posted about USPS in a different thread before.. i've had horrid experiences with one of the hubs here in providence, ri. they claimed they delivered packages and left slips, when they never did. they said it's not their problem if a mailman leaves a package outside the house and it's out of their hands. they said so many things that i called the woman on the phone (supposedly the supervisor/manager of the hub) a c**t and said that i hope she gets fired. then i filed a complaint with USPS. i'm usually VERY understanding with these things, but that.. that was too much for me. she was SO unfriendly, and basically was trying to say that it's all my fault and she doesn't give two shits about my mail being stolen/lost.

nope. they're not my friends.

MyGlam may have a few hiccups but give them a break, it was their first month and I think they got a little overwhelmed by the response. I think they said something about over 50,000 subscriptions within a few weeks. That's pretty crazy! I signed up the first day and got my confirmation e-mail. They also charged immediately (which I was happy about after hearing they sold out so quickly!) I got a shipping conf. e-mail on Dec. 1st or so saying that it would ship on the 10th. I think it's great they're getting all of the packages ready to mail out ahead of time. I got mine on Dec. 13th or 14th after it shipped on the 10th. The contents were just what they advertised and it's WELL WORTH the $10/mo fee. A cute makeup bag (the designs change monthly to go with their contents) A travel sized Urban Decay Primer Potion worth $9 A fullsized Mai Couture acne blotting sheets worth $20 A few sheets of the Mai Couture blush papiers Full sized NYX matte lip cream (kind of like lipstick, but cream) worth $6 A travel sized Tarte lights, camera, lashes! mascara probably worth $5 or $10 (considering full size is $20) A full sized Urban Decay eyeshadow pot in Sin worth $17 Along with the products we received a $15 off book of shadows card from Urban Decay and a 25% off code to use on Mai Couture blush or blotting papiers. Like I said before, WELL WORTH the $10. Plus, the girls are super helpful if you e-mail them (not bombard their facebook). After you've subscribed you don't have to worry about subscribing again, you'll automatically get the next month's bag. Also, I think they mentioned something about eventually factoring in the test we took but right now they're just working on shades that work for all/most skintones.

MyGlam may have a few hiccups but give them a break, it was their first month and I think they got a little overwhelmed by the response. I think they said something about over 50,000 subscriptions within a few weeks. That's pretty crazy! I signed up the first day and got my confirmation e-mail. They also charged immediately (which I was happy about after hearing they sold out so quickly!) I got a shipping conf. e-mail on Dec. 1st or so saying that it would ship on the 10th. I think it's great they're getting all of the packages ready to mail out ahead of time. I got mine on Dec. 13th or 14th after it shipped on the 10th. The contents were just what they advertised and it's WELL WORTH the $10/mo fee. A cute makeup bag (the designs change monthly to go with their contents) A travel sized Urban Decay Primer Potion worth $9 A fullsized Mai Couture acne blotting sheets worth $20 A few sheets of the Mai Couture blush papiers Full sized NYX matte lip cream (kind of like lipstick, but cream) worth $6 A travel sized Tarte lights, camera, lashes! mascara probably worth $5 or $10 (considering full size is $20) A full sized Urban Decay eyeshadow pot in Sin worth $17 Along with the products we received a $15 off book of shadows card from Urban Decay and a 25% off code to use on Mai Couture blush or blotting papiers. Like I said before, WELL WORTH the $10. Plus, the girls are super helpful if you e-mail them (not bombard their facebook). After you've subscribed you don't have to worry about subscribing again, you'll automatically get the next month's bag. Also, I think they mentioned something about eventually factoring in the test we took but right now they're just working on shades that work for all/most skintones.
They said they are working on a much more in depth quiz that should better personalize the bags. I'm super excited to see how well they can match products to our style And I agree this service is a crazy good deal for $10. Can't wait to see what's in january's bag

Ha, they got you Heather! Yeah, I can't wait for January. I am using everything in December's bag and love it! Sin is such a nice neutral shade, perfect for when I'm just laying around the house lounging and don't want to put on a dramatic look.

I just can't get over how people are asking "Oh do you ship outside the US" ect ect ect  and just tons of other questions that are all answered in the FAQ section on the site.... Does nobody bother to read these things?

I just wanna smack people!

Oh I know!  haha, It's like seriously people, why bombard them with questions that are clearly answered either on their website, or on their facebook page by other people. And then get mad when no one replies to them.  And everyone getting upset and angry that they dont do international shipping, do they realize that they would have to pay double at LEAST in order for them to ship internationally because of shipping costs and such?  

Originally Posted by PiggyDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just can't get over how people are asking "Oh do you ship outside the US" ect ect ect  and just tons of other questions that are all answered in the FAQ section on the site.... Does nobody bother to read these things?

I just wanna smack people!

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MyGlam may have a few hiccups but give them a break, it was their first month and I think they got a little overwhelmed by the response. I think they said something about over 50,000 subscriptions within a few weeks. That's pretty crazy! I signed up the first day and got my confirmation e-mail. They also charged immediately (which I was happy about after hearing they sold out so quickly!) I got a shipping conf. e-mail on Dec. 1st or so saying that it would ship on the 10th. I think it's great they're getting all of the packages ready to mail out ahead of time. I got mine on Dec. 13th or 14th after it shipped on the 10th.

The contents were just what they advertised and it's WELL WORTH the $10/mo fee.

I'm glad you're happy with your box and received it in such short order. But today is the 19th and there's no sign of mine. It's not my problem that they're a new company, the fact is that I did not get what I paid for. If anyone deserves a break here it's me, especially because I have a very strong feeling that I'll be left holding the metaphorical stick.

All I want is the product I paid for. I don't think this is an outlandish demand.

Back