Red Carpet Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was about to be a customer I was going to be paying for my box today & yes I have been writing her messages to find out what is going on before I send my money & end up unhappy like everyone else!!!

i like your stuff!  cant wait to get my box.... despite all the drama from a few unhappy people.  i made the choice to purchase... and honestly, i am sure i will be happy because i am realistic about $25.

I just like a good deal which is why I sign up for most of these because you end up with a good deal for your products. I got over 100$ out of my beauty army box this month & that's a $12 box. Also my glossy box was worth over $60. That's my point is when people sign up for this type of service (myself anyway) they are looking to get the best bang for their buck. To me after seeing the boxes it's not worth it but that's just my opinion. I just don't think it's right or fair for her to threaten her customers with lawsuits because they posted bad reviews. That right there makes me wonder & leery of this sub.

My earlier comment wasn't aim to attack you personally. But when I saw that there was only a Facebook page, it did rise suspicion. I got more and more suspicious after researching this subscription. The fact that she's doing this all by herself at home was like a red flag for me so it's weird that someone would be so hyped about a new incoming subscription line. It isn't meant to be personal but just part of the consumer purchase process. I'm sorry that you ladies did not receive what your money was worth and that I'm deeply sympathetic. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think we are realistic about 25$ or would have never joined in the first place! Many people fall half and half on liking this box! But when you say there will be a purse for the first 50 subscribers and then when people have paid pull it out is crap and replace it with a nail polish? How was that purse ever going to fit in that box? 25$ is awesome if my stuff wasn't expired!

Mixed feelings on this thread...I really like some of the items. Also liked that I was asked what color powder suited me and I had a choice and didnt end up with something I couldnt use.

She has been very upbeat, answered all my questions and replied right away.

Expired products...I dont know. Other than maybe the Avon (which I gave to someone who cant afford to splurge on makeup...and she was happy to get it) all my products were ok.

I personally belive her intentions are in the right place...Im giving this one  more time/another month or two to see how it plays out I think.
wink3.gif

Edited to add...My earings were a nice quality and the glasses will be a gift for my daughter.

I too decided to jump on and try it out. Very disappointed. I had the Stila mascara, avon eyeliner, the nail polish was just a clear top coat (how boring), and the sunglasses are small and have a weird colorful pattern on the side - nothing I'd ever wear. The only thing somewhat ok were the earrings, but I'd never pay more than $5 for them on their own. 

Originally Posted by wvg88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i like your stuff!  cant wait to get my box.... despite all the drama from a few unhappy people.  i made the choice to purchase... and honestly, i am sure i will be happy because i am realistic about $25.
Exactly how I feel!  If it's awful I will not purchase another box. 

Originally Posted by wvg88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@beautymomma, were you the one posting comments and trying to hold her accountable and you aren't even her customer..... that made me laugh.  some people have way too much time on their hands.  let the actual customers give input.
But as people who are all interested in these kinds of services, we are all POTENTIAL customers. What's wrong with wanting to hold her accountable for something possibly shady going on?

Like i said i LOVED my products and I love those earrings in the youtube video! send them my way!!

My avon was a glimmersticks and was just in this brochure. im not sure about the lip gloss stick.

I'm sure she will rectify the expired item. shes in no way shape or form out to rip anyone off. she is a very genuine person who started this company after being ripped off by the look bag (they kept charging her and never sent her item) 

she is working with wholesalers. what you must understand is a "small" company like hers, isnt going to get deals as good as the big guys. so she has to charge more at first to get started. I personally checked ebay and didnt see lots of any of these items. I do know her personally as well and stand behind her 100%. if you are unhappy PLEASE tell her and i know she will try to do right by you guys.

she paid $5 to ship each box plus over $1 in fees for every payment. which left her with less than $19 to pack those boxes. to be honest, I dont see how she even broke even. she is trying to launch a great business, there is going to be some hiccups but slamming her isnt going to help her get better deals from wholesalers. :-(

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But as people who are all interested in these kinds of services, we are all POTENTIAL customers. What's wrong with wanting to hold her accountable for something possibly shady going on?
Very good point. I was interested but it seems a bit fishy...

Well we went in for the gamble.... I hate false advertisement ! I joined for the purse to be in the box! So did my friends! When you start a company you have to know things will come back to you with negative feed back! I believe the biggest start to your company is the launch! I guess she should be happy she got money for 50 boxes! If she can't handle the heat it won't work!

I'm not even sure how one would order this? A blog with a stock photo doesn't tempt me in anyway. How do you even order? Too complicated for me to figure I guess.

Her comments today on fb are scaring me a bit I'm sorry. And the invoice showing she ordered "100 x QVC quality earrings" is weird. Putting the word "quality" on an invoice for an item description seems unnecessary and suspicious to me. 

Originally Posted by Amanda ToyLady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Like i said i LOVED my products and I love those earrings in the youtube video! send them my way!!

My avon was a glimmersticks and was just in this brochure. im not sure about the lip gloss stick.

I'm sure she will rectify the expired item. shes in no way shape or form out to rip anyone off. she is a very genuine person who started this company after being ripped off by the look bag (they kept charging her and never sent her item) 

she is working with wholesalers. what you must understand is a "small" company like hers, isnt going to get deals as good as the big guys. so she has to charge more at first to get started. I personally checked ebay andp didnt see lots of any of these items. I do know her personally as well and stand behind her 100%. if you are unhappy PLEASE tell her and i know she will try to do right by you guys.

she paid $5 to ship each box plus over $1 in fees for every payment. which left her with less than $19 to pack those boxes. to be honest, I dont see how she even broke even. she is trying to launch a great business, there is going to be some hiccups but slamming her isnt going to help her get better deals from wholesalers. :-(
And discussing a bad experience with a new company is not "slamming" her. No one is insulting her as a person. If you're going to start a company, you have to be prepared for feedback and reviews, both good and bad...and if you deliver expired products or just products that are not as promised, yes, there will be bad feedback. And then, you take that feedback and you learn from it and use it to improve your company.

I personally appreciate an honest review...I do not have huge amounts of expendable income, and if I spent $25 and received expired products and plastic earrings, I'd be sad. She does seem to have good intentions and I doubt these problems were intentional...but you can't expect people to not share their experience.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And discussing a bad experience with a new company is not "slamming" her. No one is insulting her as a person. If you're going to start a company, you have to be prepared for feedback and reviews, both good and bad...and if you deliver expired products or just products that are not as promised, yes, there will be bad feedback. And then, you take that feedback and you learn from it and use it to improve your company.

I personally appreciate an honest review...I do not have huge amounts of expendable income, and if I spent $25 and received expired products and plastic earrings, I'd be sad. She does seem to have good intentions and I doubt these problems were intentional...but you can't expect people to not share their experience.
She definitely seemed very nice. She should be taking this opportunity to figure out how to fix things and definitely find new ways to obtain products, but that's not what is happening. Myglam handled their many complaints the right way. Having a meltdown on facebook is not. Its not too late to turn things around though and hopefully she can step back, take a deep breath and figure it out. 

Considering she started small, which was a good move, I don't see how she could've missed the expired products unless she simply didn't check. If she did and sent it anyway, that's another problem. It's good that she's getting money back from whoever distributed them, but to not notice in the first place is a more grievous error to me. Especially since she took the time to wrap everything. I also think she's going to run into this problem a lot if she's not careful about who she's buying from, particularly with makeup. I also hope she takes the negarive feedback constructively, rather than as an attack.

Now that it's sort of confirmed that she's buying from wholesalers, I think I can easily pass on this one.

one problem is people who didn't even buy seem to have opinions like they were victimized... give me a break.  i do not know the owner of the company but admire her attempt to start a small business in this economy.  i will be happy when my box gets here because i'm realistic about $25 and what it can buy you in the USA.  i sometimes have to spend close to that just on shipping from ebay or etsy sellers.

Info I would like you all to see! Hopefully this clears up some of the issues you gal's are having.

1. She does have a website. It is:
http://redcarpetbox.ozline.net/?page_id=18
.  The next round of payments I take will be through the site. I will add a paypal button only when it is time to pay me because I don't want to take payments until all 25 slots have been confirmed. They will be paying me on the website! All I have to do is add my paypal button when I am ready to take payments.

2. I buy through wholesalers for my jewelry and my fashion accessories, not my cosmetics. I buy my cosmetics through cosmetic distributors, not wholesalers. My cosmetic distributor scammed me and I am awaiting for him to make this right but any expired products WILL be replaced. Also,  I clearly wrote on my website AND my blog that there would be no refunds issued at ALL. The girl who hates her sunglasses didn't mention I gave her a La Mer beauty cream for FREE that cost me over 30.00 for bringing me customers. (I have to agree, WHY would she not mention this was included in her box?? How can you say you wasted money if in reality you got a $30 product bonus?)

3. The sunglasses alone are worth more than that and honestly I can switch out purses for nail polish as long as they were the same value and THEY WERE! I never promised gold or silver products. I've never seen earrings in a box that nice for 1.00. That is ridiculous. Those little plastic things that hold onto the hook? Those were NOT on every package of boxed earrings because NOT ALL earrings have those, especially in a BOX! Those are to hold onto the card, nothing else.

Back