Sample Society July 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting kit B.

Is there an app for this?

What's it called?
Beauty Bar app and Birchbox has one too. Works better on my iPhone than on my iPad but my iPad is old...first gen taken from my kiddo that got upgraded to the air. Oh well, just happy I have one now. image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting BL in Old Bill- Sigh....BL is the reason I signed up & of course I had to get a dup...... Thank god for trading !!

I'm getting BL in Old Bill- Sigh....BL is the reason I signed up & of course I had to get a dup...... Thank god for trading !!
Forgive me, because I have the same dirt- colored polish coming, but who, exactly will want to trade either of us for this item ( not that I am into trading)?

Forgive me, because I have the same dirt- colored polish coming, but who, exactly will want to trade either of us for this item ( not that I am into trading)?
I like this color, and I didn't get it in my mystery boxes. It's more of a copper color if you look on the butter london site. I'm excited for my box.

I like this color, and I didn't get it in my mystery boxes. It's more of a copper color if you look on the butter london site. I'm excited for my box.
It's not copper on the BB site. I'll look it up on Butter's site. I can deal with copper, but not with plain brown.

OK, I feel a lot better. It IS copper. In fact, the meaning of the name in the U.K, is something related to policemen, also called " coppers". 

THANK YOU for sending me to the source. I'm much happier, and will use a copper color in the fall. Or as a pedi color in the summer. 

Here's a better photo for all who are getting this shade. Links to the other shades as well.

http://www.butterlondon.com/Lacquers/The-Old-Bill.html

Old Bill definitely looks more copper on the Butter London website and from swatches I have seen online. 

Thank goodness!

Kit B for me. Woh hoo to getting the rose gold colored butter London since I am already getting a silver metallic in my birchbox. But womp womp womp my tracking just updated and I will not be getting my box til next Friday. *sad face*

So after cancelling Glossybox and wondering what I should do with the extra funds (Save them? NEVER!) I ordered the July SS at the very last moment and I am so glad I did! Truthfully, I ordered because of the LM highlighter - I have the deluxe sample from Sephora and it is amazing. A staple in my travel bag.

But I've also been dying to test out more BL polishes. I own one, and it is my favorite color in the world, but it chips so easily. I mean... within hours of application. And I haven't been able to bring myself to buy more because they are so pricey. So When I saw the sample I though I could try it and see if it stayed on longer.

Everything else in the box is just a bonus - I'm getting Kit D which should be here next Thursday. I am stoked!

Got my shipping notice today! It will not be here until 7/17/14 :(  I need to learn patience!  I am getting Kit C and checked out my variations!  So excited!

Screen Shot 2014-07-11 at 5.33.17 PM.png

So after cancelling Glossybox and wondering what I should do with the extra funds (Save them? NEVER!) I ordered the July SS at the very last moment and I am so glad I did! Truthfully, I ordered because of the LM highlighter - I have the deluxe sample from Sephora and it is amazing. A staple in my travel bag.

But I've also been dying to test out more BL polishes. I own one, and it is my favorite color in the world, but it chips so easily. I mean... within hours of application. And I haven't been able to bring myself to buy more because they are so pricey. So When I saw the sample I though I could try it and see if it stayed on longer.

Everything else in the box is just a bonus - I'm getting Kit D which should be here next Thursday. I am stoked!
Butter London polish chips easily on me too! I'm thinking I just need to try a different base coat with it though. I have my eye on the Ruffian one, since I have good luck with them.

My box (Kit D) is supposed to arrive on Wednesday!  The Butter London that I'm getting is The Old Bill and I'm interested to see it in person, since swatches online don't look consistent in color.  Not sure what L'Oreal I'm getting, but I'd be happy with any of the shades.

Is the picture of the L'Oreal product the same for everyone when they look at their kits? I have Kit C. Mine is red and while I do wear red, I'm hoping for a different shade!

Is the picture of the L'Oreal product the same for everyone when they look at their kits? I have Kit C. Mine is red and while I do wear red, I'm hoping for a different shade!
I'm getting Kit A, and it looks like it's a sort of pale watermelon shade.  I think it might be Rose Melody since it doesn't look bright enough to be Coral Encore.  I hope it *is* Rose Melody even though that's not normally my sort of color precisely *because* it's not my normal color.  I don't have anything like it already!

Back