Sample Society July 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have Kit D and it looks to be the darker red shade, Ruby Opera.  I've been on the hunt for a good red shade, so I'm eager to try it.

I have Kit D and it looks to be the darker red shade, Ruby Opera.  I've been on the hunt for a good red shade, so I'm eager to try it.
I'm getting Kit D, too, and that was kinda what I was thinking from the picture (although I don't know if Sample Society uses the same stock photos or if each kit gets a different picture) I have to say, Ruby Opera was probably the last one I would have chosen, but since all four of the colors looked wearable, I really don't mind!

I'm getting Kit D, too, and that was kinda what I was thinking from the picture (although I don't know if Sample Society uses the same stock photos or if each kit gets a different picture) I have to say, Ruby Opera was probably the last one I would have chosen, but since all four of the colors looked wearable, I really don't mind!
I don't know if they use the same stock pics (this is my first month with them), but based on what others said earlier in the thread, they seemed to be seeing different pictures for each box, so I'm going with the assumption that each box has their own shade pictured.  I'm just hoping that I don't get the lightest pink color.  I'm drowning in light pinks that don't work for me!

Got my box:

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo.JPG

Sorry about the terrible pic's had to take them on the dl at work.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to mention the booklet actually talks about the products in the box (I don't think it did in the past).

The nail polish colors are: Champers, Bobby Dazzler & The Old Bill

Lipcolor shades are: Ruby Opera, Cral Encore, Molto Mauve and Rose Melody.  

I got kit A and got Bobby Dazzler polish and Rose Melody lip color.

Just came to post pics and you beat me to it. Happy with the box. I think I will use all this stuff. I haven't smelled the fragrance yet though...

I forgot to mention the booklet actually talks about the products in the box (I don't think it did in the past).

The nail polish colors are: Champers, Bobby Dazzler & The Old Bill

Lipcolor shades are: Ruby Opera, Cral Encore, Molto Mauve and Rose Melody.  

I got kit A and got Bobby Dazzler polish and Rose Melody lip color.
I love how the book shows the variations in colors people can get. It will make for easier trading.

Bummer, I can't wear coral or orange. Going to the trade thread hoping for Rose Melody or Ruby Opera!!
Bummer, I can't wear coral or orange. Going to the trade thread hoping for Rose Melody or Ruby Opera!!
This is me also!!! I usually try to stay as far away from coral and orange in all items including lip and nail products.. Really loved the Pink color lippie but I'm so blasted thrilled with this box and the shade of my nail polish that I'm going to try to wear it. Feeling sort of nervous....... :wacko:

Oh my gosh, I also love The Old Bill shade of the Butter nail polish too (and it's full-sized). This box is so awesome!

This is me also!!! I usually try to stay as far away from coral and orange in all items including lip and nail products.. Really loved the Pink color lippie but I'm so blasted thrilled with this box and the shade of my nail polish that I'm going to try to wear it. Feeling sort of nervous....... :wacko:
What the heck happened with me and the repeat clicking of the same quote, sorry about that! My kit "B" arrived just a few minutes ago and good gracious, I LOVE!!!! Everything in the box was perfect and even the "Coral Encore" lip color looks more of a dark pink than orange to me so I'm pretty happy with that. Although, I sprayed a bit too much of the perfume, I find it to be a very pleasant scent on me. I am so, so, so thankful that it's not the Diptyque, I have so many samples of that stuff and just can't bring myself to like it at all. For the price, this was perhaps my dream box!!!

Hi.  =)  New here.  Good to meet you all.

My email said I was getting Kit D, and the site said I was getting The Old Bill and showed the red lippie, but I just received the kit with Bobby Dazzler and the Rose.  I thiink those are kit A.  Very much happier with these ones than I would have been with the correct ones!

I don't care for the perfume, though.  It doesn't work well with my chemistry.

I got Kit D, and at first I was a bit bummed I wasn't getting Champers and a non-red lippie.

But my box showed up today and I'm just SO impressed! The lip color is so glossy and shiny! It's not sticky, leaves a very light stain on my lips, and is such a gorgeous blue-red that is perfect on my pale skin. The perfume smells AMAZING, the polish in "The Old Bill" is a super summery bronze shade (can't wait to use it!) and the hair masque smells awesome I'm very excited to use it! Also the highlight? YESSS!!! I think I found my holy grail highlighter after just one use! It's so buttery and leaves a genuine glow on my skin without looking fake.

This is probably one of my favorite boxes ever. Everything was a hit with me and if this is the rate they're going to continue, I will be subscribed for a long time!

unnamed.jpgDSCN1957.JPG

Back