Sample Society June 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I canceled after lest month d/t sample overload and needing to cut some extra expenses. Seeing what people are getting, I'm not regretting it at all.

Bummer. I'm not getting the Orlane. I'm not very excited about what I am getting either.

I just went on their site to cancel and assumed since I was already charged it would cancel me after this month, but under orders it says they are refunding my credit card $15 for this month's box...so those of you who really do not want this box, go cancel!!  I didn't even have to request the refund!

I just went on their site to cancel and assumed since I was already charged it would cancel me after this month, but under orders it says they are refunding my credit card $15 for this month's box...so those of you who really do not want this box, go cancel!!  I didn't even have to request the refund!
Thank you for posting this. I just cancelled too and it says I will be refunded as well. I was getting kit c and really didn't need 5 moisturizers this month. Maybe I will be back next month if I see good spoilers.

I just tried this and it worked! Looks like they will refund me as well! Thanks for the tip!

Never mind. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't wear perfume.  It seems a little ludicrous to include TWO perfumes when they are such a love/hate thing for most people.

I don't mind moisturizers but I do agree that a variety is FAR better suited to sample boxes.

/sigh

This might be my first bummer box from Sample Society.  I'm not giving up on them yet though.
Yeah, I hate to give up after two boxes.  I don't know what to do.  

I came to SS as a replacement for Ipsy.    Originally, I had Birchbox and Ipsy, and I was happy.  Then I started noticing that so much of what Ipsy sent was really poor quality, sort of sub-drugstore quality.  I've got nothing against drugstore brands, in fact, I think a subscription box with brands like Revlon, Aveeno, Nivea, Essie, Olay, Cover Girl, would be loads of fun.  I'd be all over that.  

The prospect of getting higher-end samples from SS was really attractive after Ipsy, but I was wanting a wider range of items.  I'm more interested in hair products and bath and body products than I am in skincare, and having at least one makeup item per box would be great.

I dunno. Maybe I'll e-mail them after this box arrives, and ask if they plan to continue this focus on skincare, and see what they say.

I came to SS as a replacement for Ipsy.    Originally, I had Birchbox and Ipsy, and I was happy.  Then I started noticing that so much of what Ipsy sent was really poor quality, sort of sub-drugstore quality.  I've got nothing against drugstore brands, in fact, I think a subscription box with brands like Revlon, Aveeno, Nivea, Essie, Olay, Cover Girl, would be loads of fun.  I'd be all over that.  

The prospect of getting higher-end samples from SS was really attractive after Ipsy, but I was wanting a wider range of items.  I'm more interested in hair products and bath and body products than I am in skincare, and having at least one makeup item per box would be great.

I dunno. Maybe I'll e-mail them after this box arrives, and ask if they plan to continue this focus on skincare, and see what they say.
You might try Blush Mystery Beauty Box from Blush.com--it usually has a good mix of hair, skin, and makeup products.

Maybe I'm blind but I cant figure out how to cancel!

When you're logged into your account there is a 'cancel membership' link.

I'd take a screen shot for you but I doubt I have it now that I just cancelled.

I'm hoping by a bunch of us canceling like this right before shipping they will get the hint and change things up for next month. If they do, I will gladly re-join. This box was almost $17 a month for me with tax, it used to be well worth it but lately it's been a complete waste. For $17 I can buy a lipgloss or something I would actually use rather than have things just get thrown into, and sit in, my trade box.

If you don't like the contents, you should cancel while you still can so you don't waste your money. You can always re-sub. BUT! If you do stick around and do send the email, I hope you will share here what they say.

You might try Blush Mystery Beauty Box from Blush.com--it usually has a good mix of hair, skin, and makeup products.
The other thing good about this is they actually reveal their box contents with enough time for you to sub. I haven't ever bought it, but I have considered it in the past.

Glossybox is another option but my experience with their customer service has been pretty awful. I only sub when they have really amazing spoilers. Then I always quickly unsub before I get charged again for the following month.

I need spoilers!!! I want to try this box, but I'm waiting for a good spoiler. Butter London would get me signed up in a second!
Do you know how I can find what box I am getting? This will be my first month a d I'm excited to see what it is

I don't actually sub to this box, sorry!  I've been waiting for an irresistable-to-me spoiler!

Kit B.

Quite OK with the content. I personally do not like make-up as the colors are usually not complimentary. Prefer to have skincare as you can always use it on any part of the body (or on the husband/BF/partner).

When you cancel and re-subscribe, keep in mind that you again in line for a mediocre box and dupes as they do not keep your previous profile anymore.

I am subscribed for nearly 2 years now and I think it is the first box that has the same Murad moisturizer. I will check in my history and write to them if this is the case, they are very good at solving this kind of issues. 

I did not like the abundance of hair care lately (especially Alterna), but there is always a friend who can use one product or another. 

In comparison with Ipsy and Birchbox, SS is on the higher end of products.

Just found it. I'm getting kit D. Hope it's a good one.... I get ipsy birchbox, blush, vegan,glossy box, petit vour; and saffron rouge right now along with this one and I know I have to par down

I figured it out and cancelled.

The ONLY reason I'm cancelling is because there are not one but two perfume samples.  I will resubscribe for next month, though.  I really do like Sample Society.  

I don't care if I get dupes.  Especially if it's a good product! (send me all the extra Flash Facial!)

Back