Sample Society September 2014 - Spoilers & Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I signed up a few days ago!  That eye cream is very enticing and I love tanning products, but my face hardly ever gets tan.  I am a cheerleader at my college and we just got black uniforms, so we are expected to tan or fake tan at least a little bit so we don't look super washed out.  I think this box is going to be perfect for me.  :wub:

Edited because I suck at grammar 

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't posted to makeuptalk since the old website but I'm back.  And I've just signed up for this box and I'm super excited.  The last ones I had were BB, Ipsy, and PopSugar.  It's been months since I've had a sub. box.. can't wait to get mine!

I wonder if all of us get the same items this month. I don't have kit number (letter).

Spoiler #3!

lorac.jpg

Actually excited for this! Bring on the box! Even more excited that they continue to show they're working with some big names!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this spoiler!  I almost bought that product a few months ago but changed my mind, so I'm super excited to try it.

This spoiler looks amazing! Anything that gets rid of oil is a plus in my book. All three spoilers are pretty great!

Wow! I am even more excited! Is the Lorac thing going to be full-sized though? Am I expecting waayyy too much? Haha

Man I'm so happy about the relaunch if Sample Society! The past few months have been great IMO. I'm stocked for item 1 and 2. I don't real or fake tan though, I embrace my whiteness, so the tanning towels will be swapped. Can't wait to see what the next few products are!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I resubed this month after taking a few month hiatus from sample society. I'm excited for the eye cream. I always love to get eye creams in sub boxes so I don't have to pay $$$ for them. (Why are they all so expensive, anyway?). Tan towel are meh, but I can't expect every product to be a winner for me. Excited for the Lorac primer since I recently started using primer and I am on the hunt for the perfect one for me.

Thanks for posting spoiler #3!  This is looking to be another great box and I'm so glad I signed up after the relaunch.  These boxes have been a wonderful mix of hair care, makeup, and skin care. I'm thrilled with this sub, everything is so 'fancy.' :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for posting spoiler #3!  This is looking to be another great box and I'm so glad I signed up after the relaunch.  These boxes have been a wonderful mix of hair care, makeup, and skin care. I'm thrilled with this sub, everything is so 'fancy.' :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I totally agree. I love sample society and their customer service is genuinely top notch. I had canceled a few months ago (after the box with the butter london eyeliner) because while I enjoyed the boxes, I felt I was getting a lot of the same brands and a lot of skincare repeatedly.

Since the new "Allure" launch, I've been super impressed, even if I haven't loved every sample. I love the super informative booklet that comes with the box. It's truly one of the most well put together booklets in a subscription service, and is HONEST. they're not fawning over every product. They tell you exactly how they feel, even the pros and cons, and WHY they put it in the box. It doesn't feel like they just threw some random samples in a box from companies that have sent them free stuff, but that it's actually well curated and purposeful. 

On top of that, I love seeing in just a few months that they're partnering with some VERY good hair and skincare brands: Oribe, Fekkai, Kate Somerville etc, and some very nice cosmetic brands Too Faced, Tarte, Lorac, butter london etc. There isn't any other subscription at this price that is serving up samples from big brands like this one. While I not every product is a home run for me, I'm glad that I get to try the sample, so I don't go out and buy a full size of something and end up not liking it. That's mainly why I subscribe to subscription boxes nowadays. I've got enough samples. Now it's abut trying products before I buy them. Now that Sample Society is partnering with big name companies, I have a feeling I'm going to be able to try a LOT of stuff that I've been interested in before taking the "full size plunge."

Turns out I had a total of 3 samples of body wash out of 1000+ samples in my stash not sure why so few, I have about 100 shampoo/conditioners but I had to empty the contents of three mostly empty bottles into one to take to Germany. I have 1 from Birchbox last month and I think thats it.. send me moarrr

Latest posts

Back